Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS  (Read 76038 times)

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2010, 10:47 AM »
In some of the magna guard images the energy effect looks like the right color, but on this new image and the loose sample it looks red. Which do you think the final production piece will have?

I noticed that too. Considering this is a final packaged sample, my best gues is that the energy effect will look red. :(

It's a shame if it is. I saw a packaged image with the correct color as well, but it didn't have the UGH look that this latest sample has. I know there's not supposed to be any difference between UGH and non UGH but maybe in this case.... here's hoping anyway.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: August 4, 2010, 02:53 AM »
Following up on our complete line-up of Wave 2 figures, we have a couple close-up shots of the upcoming Commander Cody and Magna Guard (carded) for your scrutinizing eyes!

Clicky each image to check 'em out!

Cody appears to just have that belt fix...  That's disappointing to me.  I really had hoped they'd up the scratch paint details on this figure over his BAD incarnation since they're there.  :(  

The Magna Guard is a thing of beauty, even rocking the plastic scarf bit it appears.  I hadn't realized that.  The electricity's looking much redder though, than purple, so yeah...  Oh well.  I'll live as I still love that figure.  One of my favorites of the wave, without a doubt.

Also note the staff's ends are clear plastic simulating the sorta glass looking tubes on the ends.  That's pretty badass.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2010, 02:54 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 4, 2010, 03:52 AM »
That magna guard is the star of the wave for me but I think Cody looks great on the vintage card If I was a carded collector I'd be snapping him up. I held off buying this version of him as I liked the previous one, and went to some lengths to ensure I got him... but maybe now is the time.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #168 on: August 4, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Following up on our complete line-up of Wave 2 figures, we have a couple close-up shots of the upcoming Commander Cody and Magna Guard (carded) for your scrutinizing eyes!

Cody appears to just have that belt fix...  That's disappointing to me.  I really had hoped they'd up the scratch paint details on this figure over his BAD incarnation since they're there.  :(  

Cody's belt is still wrong.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: August 4, 2010, 10:11 AM »
Yeah - in that pic, the belt looks the same as the 2009 Legacy figure. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: August 4, 2010, 02:55 PM »
See, that goes to show how well I know my Cody's I guess.   :-X  I never cared much about the belt flip-flops on Clones, so I missed that.  Could be Cody's belt's going to be exactly the same then, no fix at all.  I believe this is a production figure...  Let the rampant speculation begin.

I was totally fine with the last Cody even with the belt, but this could annoy lots of folks I guess if it isn't fixed.  Thanks for pointing that out though guys.

I thought this was something that was being reported as being fixed though? ???  I know I read that somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2010, 03:06 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 4, 2010, 04:03 PM »
I have the LC version, but I don't care very much that the belt is wrong. It's still a great figure. But it's true that initial reports and pics were of Cody with a fixed belt. The very 1st pic released of carded TVC Cody showed him with a correct belt. So I guess this means that Hasbro hasn't fixed the shallow plug for Obi-Wan's lightsaber?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: August 4, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Seems to, at this stage, likely be the case...  no fixed belt.

Which all goes back to why you never trust pictures and product at toy shows like SDCC or Toy Fair...  That stuff's usually put together by hand, and in some cases it's even cast resin parts I've noticed, not even injection molded plastic. 

Kinda like Anakin's head issue, it seems Cody's Belt may very well be upsidedown for production figures rather than what's turned up in Hasbro press photos and at the shows.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #173 on: August 4, 2010, 10:45 PM »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #174 on: August 4, 2010, 10:47 PM »
Seems to, at this stage, likely be the case...  no fixed belt.

Which all goes back to why you never trust pictures and product at toy shows like SDCC or Toy Fair...  That stuff's usually put together by hand, and in some cases it's even cast resin parts I've noticed, not even injection molded plastic. 

Kinda like Anakin's head issue, it seems Cody's Belt may very well be upsidedown for production figures rather than what's turned up in Hasbro press photos and at the shows.

Hard to say, maybe we'll get both as this link Jeff posted before shows the belt in the proper orientation.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 4, 2010, 11:23 PM »
Love Grievous' little 'courtsey' pose just to get him in the bubble.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: August 4, 2010, 11:28 PM »
It'd be ideal to get the belt rightside up for those who found it an issue...  I don't think I cared enough to buy him again myself, but I can see how it's annoying to some.  I'm very unobservant to that kind of stuff though, I'll admit.  :)  I never notice saber hilts unless it's a HUGE difference though either.  Some guys that annoys them to no end, and I can't blame them I guess.

I honestly wouldn't know Luke often has the wrong saber hilt if it weren't for people pointing it out all the time, ya know?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 5, 2010, 12:07 AM »

I was shocked by how much space the bubble takes up on that card! That's a snazzy little pose he's in to fit him inside the bubble... his legs appear to be crossed. Odd for an evil general like him. :P
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 5, 2010, 10:39 AM »

I was shocked by how much space the bubble takes up on that card! That's a snazzy little pose he's in to fit him inside the bubble... his legs appear to be crossed. Odd for an evil general like him. :P

Guess that's the same size bubble the pig will be coming in.  Nice to know that we can get some of the larger figures on these cards.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #179 on: August 5, 2010, 11:00 AM »
Yep, these huge bubbles and they can't/won't put Wicket and Kneesaa on one card.  :-\