Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS  (Read 76425 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2010, 01:33 PM »
No need to be a smart-ass, it's my fault, I started the trend - I saw "Vintage Wave 2" and I thought this thread was for the ROTS wave.

Just take Dressel and me out and shoot us for this horrible breach of web forum etiquette!

::)

Jokes, Pete_Fett.  Jokes.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Found these today at TRU in NY.  I wasn't really expecting them yet.

No ****!  How's the new Walrusman?

The aqualish is a perfect replica of you, Virex.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2010, 02:39 PM »
Was I just served?  I think I was just served.  Ouch.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2010, 03:26 PM »
Found there yesterday at TRU as well. 

Anakin, Sidious and Magna Guard are fantastic... I got two Magna Guards and didn't have any problems with them being sturdy.

Anakin is a huge upgrade over the previous version, really love everything about this figure.

Sidious is great too, but I actuallty already took mine apart for a custom.  Just making him look a bit different, I want one with a plastic "skirt" rather than cloth.  I picked up a second one though to not customize.

Passed on the Clone - I prefer the 2005 sculpt much more.  Don't really need any Sandtroopers either I don't think, but that could change.  Might get a Grievous eventually but pretty content with my Legacy one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2010, 08:32 PM »
As tempting as finding this wave may be, TRU's pricing is keeping me from buying Vintage Collection figures in their stores.  The only way TRU may rope me in is if it's easier to find the Bounty Hunt foil cards there.  Well, that or they finally lower their prices.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2010, 08:35 PM »
@Pete_Fett: Does the Obi-Wan lightsaber hilt actually fit onto the belt, unlike the LC version?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 28, 2010, 12:47 AM »
@Pete_Fett: Does the Obi-Wan lightsaber hilt actually fit onto the belt, unlike the LC version?

Nope - I still can not get the Obi-Wan lightsaber hilt to fit on Cody's belt - so I opted to just put the hilt in Grievous' cape.

Speaking of Grievous, the cape isn't the only thing new about the figure.

They have added "wrist joints" to each of the four arms - so there IS a difference between the actual figure in the Vintage release and the Legacy Collection release.

This probably won't matter to most, but I just wanted to point it out....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2010, 01:48 AM »
Hmm, thanks for pointing that out! This gives me even more reason to buy this Grievous without feeling bad... but I sure do hope he can hold those lightsabers with the split hands. On the TLC figure, the hands (when split apart) could barely hold the lightsabers.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2010, 11:11 PM »
After observing some pictures of Anakin over at GH, I noticed that his hair is an entirely separately sculpted piece from his head. It looks like his sideburns are painted onto the head, with the hair glued on. I'm not sure if I like the look much, because I think the 2005 Evolutions head sculpt had a better look.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2010, 07:23 PM »
I picked up this wave yesterday... can't get Grievous or the Magna guard to stand up.  Their legs are way too flimsy.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2010, 09:09 PM »
I picked up this wave yesterday... can't get Grievous or the Magna guard to stand up. 

That's what she said.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2010, 02:32 PM »
Saw this wave on the pegs this morning at TRU, along with the Legacy of the Darkside 2-packs and the Rise of Boba Fett UBP. (Yep, major new swag all of a sudden)

I hate to say it, but I had to hop off the TVC bandwagon. I even went home and gathered up most of my Wave 1 figs and returned them to TRU. It was a hard call, I really like most of the figures and the whole vintage homage, but frankly I had to draw the line someplace. Space is becoming a serious consideration, not to mention the looming spectre of The Wife.

Good looking wave though, I may consider picking up a few openers here and there, if only for the UPC's.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Saw this wave on the pegs this morning at TRU, along with the Legacy of the Darkside 2-packs and the Rise of Boba Fett UBP. (Yep, major new swag all of a sudden)

I hate to say it, but I had to hop off the TVC bandwagon. I even went home and gathered up most of my Wave 1 figs and returned them to TRU. It was a hard call, I really like most of the figures and the whole vintage homage, but frankly I had to draw the line someplace. Space is becoming a serious consideration, not to mention the looming spectre of The Wife.

Good looking wave though, I may consider picking up a few openers here and there, if only for the UPC's.

You can eliminate the looming spectre and create space by simply relocating the wife.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2010, 03:48 PM »

You can eliminate the looming spectre and create space by simply relocating the wife.

If you do that half of your collection will disappear with her. On the plus side, you will have more room for new stuff.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2010, 04:12 PM »

If you do that half of your collection will disappear with her. On the plus side, you will have more room for new stuff.

You can let her take monkey leia and the rest of the POTF2 stuff.  She won't know the difference.