Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS  (Read 76040 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS
« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2010, 04:14 PM »
I found a foil card Magna Guard today, what a great figure. I had no qualms tearing it open, 10 out of 10 on this guys, articulation to paint ops it's outstanding.

I was hoping BBTS would have gotten these in now as I have them on preorder. what happened to online stores getting stuff in first?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Well, BBTS is processing my order so I am eating my words. I cannot wait for the rest of the wave.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2010, 04:43 PM »
I found a foil card Magna Guard today, what a great figure. I had no qualms tearing it open, 10 out of 10 on this guys, articulation to paint ops it's outstanding.

TRU?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2010, 05:09 PM »

TRU?

Yes! The also had x2 Clone troopers, Obi-Wan, a Foil Vader and Han which no one gave a rats ass about. The Guard I found was also foil.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2010, 06:20 PM »
Sigh...alone with all my toys. It's kind of a sad image really.  :'(

Seriously though, if I was still single my collecting budget would probably be triple what it currently is. I actually know of a local collector around here who has a climate controlled mini-warehouse for his stash because it won't even fit into the house anymore. Yep, single dude.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2010, 08:02 PM »
I actually know of a local collector around here who has a climate controlled mini-warehouse for his stash because it won't even fit into the house anymore.

Haha so now we know why we can't find anything at retail.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Well, BBTS is processing my order so I am eating my words. I cannot wait for the rest of the wave.

I'm too lazy too look at the moment, but how much are you paying for this case?  I've NEVER paid extra on anything that I can find at retail....just curious I suppose....BBTS is awesome though!  I used to live right across the street from them when they relocated to Somerset - WI back in the day.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2010, 11:08 PM »
I'm too lazy too look at the moment, but how much are you paying for this case?  I've NEVER paid extra on anything that I can find at retail....just curious I suppose....BBTS is awesome though!  I used to live right across the street from them when they relocated to Somerset - WI back in the day.

$104.99. 12 figures which breaks down to about $8.75 a figure, case fresh. It's so worth it, you save the time, energy and money that you would spend hunting. They come in a case that you open, you can also combine and hold your stuff to save on shipping until you are ready. I have a huge order that's only $12 to ship. I do not mind paying the few extra bucks to avoid the hassle so it depends on your preference. They usually got stuff in before retail too, so far their TVC record is not very good on that though. This wave at least came in at the same time so it improved.

The only thing I am peeved about is my 3 extra mangaguards are still on preorder despite me ordering the day the offered them back in June. I may cancel those if I can find the extras I want, they were $10.99 each. I want 6.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 1, 2010, 05:38 PM »
I took a trip to the across the town Wal-Mart today, in search of the Jabba pack (no luck), and found the ROTS wave on the pegs there.  Of course, it comes one day after my BBTS order is "ready to ship", but oh well.  I did pick up a few I wanted extras of (Sidious, MagnaGuard, Anakin) and also grabbed a "foil" Boba Fett just because.  I'm not really after the UGH stuff, and never have been, but since I saw the Fett anyways, I went ahead.  Side note - there were probably 4-5 other silver foil figures there too, so I'm not sure how rare these are.  I've decided not to go carded with the PT stuff, so I passed on any extras of the rest.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #219 on: September 1, 2010, 07:16 PM »
Found this wave at my Wally as well.  Got everybody but Grievous and Anakin (both were foil, and since I want only carded versions of them, I'll wait).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 3, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Saw Grievous, Magnaguard and Sandtrooper at Wally today. Passed on them for now...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #221 on: September 4, 2010, 01:31 AM »
I picked up Sandtrooper and poopa-papa-Palpatine tonight...  I like both a lot, and Palps is fantastic to me, aside from having a non-cackling headsculpt packed in extra. 

The Sandtrooper's nice to have another one of too.  I like having the extra articulated Stormie around.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 5, 2010, 09:04 AM »
Does Obi-Wan look like a recycled figure from the 2005 ROTS wave to anyone.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 5, 2010, 09:23 AM »
He is a straight re-pack, but from 2006.

I got to crack open the Palpatine, Clone trooper and Grevious. Don't think I can add any more insight to what's already been said. That Palaptine head sculpt is rather intense though. Might pick up a second clone trooper.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 5, 2010, 06:27 PM »
Is Hasbro planning on fixing the Clone Trooper helmet paint issues?  Every one that I've seen thus far (about 6 total between two separate Wal-Marts) leaves the black stripe above the "eyes" unpainted, and the "vent" details on the sides of the helmet unapplied.  With the emphasis on "Doing it right" in the vintage line-up, I'm a little surprised that such a paint app misstep made it out so widely.

Outstanding wave, btw.  The MagnaGuard might be my favorite figure of the line so far, and blows any and all other previous versions (film and animated) away.