Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS  (Read 76006 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS
« Reply #270 on: October 6, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Uuugh and still no sign of this wave but with the reports of the upcoming Target endcap display going up, maybe my Target will use this as an opportunity to restock shelves.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 8, 2010, 09:21 AM »
In the UK, Toys' R Us are just getting these now. For some reason each outlet just gets one case to start and then the bulk order seems to come about a month later. I only have one outlet nearby, so the odds are pretty slim that I bag it. Due to the small amount of product, it's hard to tell if the wave has been and gone or yet to arrive.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 8, 2010, 10:29 AM »
I've been seeing this wave more regularly at WM and Target locally, and although they are selling - they don't seem to "sell out" either.  Somewhat surprisingly, I've seen Cody hanging about a bit, but that may be that it really isn't too different from the previous release.  I just hope TVC is doing well sales-wise, as it is a really nicely done line even if a little light on "all new" stuff.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 8, 2010, 06:09 PM »
I have found the wave at 4 different stores here the past few days.  Mainly at Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU.  Big surprise right?

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Found Anakin at Target.
Now just wait for the nest wave.
When is that?

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2010, 11:08 PM »
Man...I love the articulation upgrade on Anakin but the head sculpt and glue on hair suck ass...it doesn't even come close to looking like him, the painted on sideburns suck and my hair almost fell off.

Good news is that most of the older versions head swap rather easily to this new one...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2010, 12:01 AM »
Man...I love the articulation upgrade on Anakin but the head sculpt and glue on hair suck ass...it doesn't even come close to looking like him, the painted on sideburns suck and my hair almost fell off.

Good news is that most of the older versions head swap rather easily to this new one...

Did you notice the excessively long monkey arms?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #277 on: October 11, 2010, 12:38 AM »
No...I left the robe on, how hard is it to make properly scaled arms?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2010, 10:04 PM »
I don't like the new Anakin at all. :( His neck looks too short in proportion with the larger hair, which makes his neck look stubby. I hope Hasbro redoes Anakin completely, but I doubt it.

The one point I will give to this figure is, whether Hasbro meant to do it or not, that the right gloved hang, without the lightsaber, looks like its in a Force Choke hold. To no doubt demonstrate on Padme! :D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2010, 09:09 AM »
I picked up the Magnaguard in Toys R Us on Monday.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2010, 11:46 AM »
I did resist a strange urge to buy a UGH Anakin.  I just don't want to go down that road again  ::)

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: "Vintage" Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #281 on: October 16, 2010, 07:59 PM »
does anyone know if they are ever going to do a running change with the anakin card to darth vader?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: "Vintage" Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2010, 09:39 PM »
does anyone know if they are ever going to do a running change with the anakin card to darth vader?

Hasbro indicated at CV that they intended to make this change/fix at some point, but I wouldn't be looking for it now in the shipping ROTS cases.

Anakin is included in all of the Vintage Wave 3 cases (I believe) so I suppose it's possible the fixed cardback could be in that wave, but that might be too soon to expect the change to show up. It all depends on how long before CV they had decided to make the change I guess...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 17, 2010, 01:01 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if at this point Hasbro just said, "Ah, forget it," and never make the running change. Not to be negative, but it seems like they're pouring more effort into the other waves right now. But hopefully the name change will be seen on the mixed case assortments.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Can't believe I did it, but dished out $17 for a Sidious figure at an art store known for it's uptight employees. I know, I know, but this is the first and ONLY time I've seen TVC ROTS figures - my local Target is filled to the brim with leftover ESB and TCW figures.

Has anyone noticed the figure seems to have a belly? I guess this what happens to Sith Lords pretending to be Senators/Chancellors for over 10 years.