Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC  (Read 104147 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2010, 10:27 PM »
two of Zam so I can display her a couple of different ways with the veil and without,

I was wondering how many Zams it would take to display her with all the different variations: different heads, veil on/off, binoculars up/down... that could get crazy if one went that route.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2010, 12:49 AM »
two of Zam so I can display her a couple of different ways with the veil and without,

I was wondering how many Zams it would take to display her with all the different variations: different heads, veil on/off, binoculars up/down... that could get crazy if one went that route.

Yeah - I could see myself picking up more of her if she's sitting around and a store ends up having a sale on vintage figures.

If she can be decently posed in the Zam speeder from 2002, I may go and pick up another one just to permanently display in the vehicle.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2010, 08:35 AM »
Put me down for at least Mace, Jango, and Senate Guard carded. 

;D ;D ;D
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2010, 10:32 PM »
I like how they added color to Kenobi's inner tunic, I will have to upgrade, this wave looks really sharp, I hope the head peg on the guard is the same I would love to retire my ROTS ones with some head swapping.

I am ready for this wave now...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2010, 12:33 AM »
Hey, I just noticed that Jango is actually blue this time! :o
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2011, 08:29 PM »
In the pics over at Rebelscum's rumor thread, the vintage carded Super Battle Droid is, of course, close to the same one that's been in Saga Legends for years, no ball jointed ankles. But it has a pistol or something in one hand, which is strange...don't recall them holding anything ever.

Let's see, I could wait and get the carded one with it's pistol for $8+, or get the Arena one with more articulation and another figure now for $13 (I think).

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2011, 09:53 PM »
Scum's front page has a report tha Wave 5 (repaint/repack wave) is being found... what happened to the AOTC wave?

It's getting pretty late in January, and weren't these ready to hit in December, anyways?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2011, 02:50 AM »
I saw the AOTC wave at a Wal-Mart here in northern Colorado tonight. I didn't buy any, so I don't have any pictures. I started to buy Zam and the Senate Guard, but ended up passing. I'm starting to regret that now, oh well. They had 1 each of Zam, Senate Guard, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, Kit, Mace, SBD, and Jango. I had seen the report about Wave 5 being found, but I didn't know this wave hadn't been found yet. I haven't been collecting much lately, so I'm not too up-to-date on things. I'm still just hoping to find a Sidious.   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2011, 03:03 AM »
Hey Aucassin, if you're back at Wal-Mart and could snap us a photo, please do.  Would love to have a pic to go with your report.  Cell phone or whatever is fine.  It's interesting though now that 2 waves are reported as being found a day apart.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2011, 04:26 AM »
I'll try to get back there tomorrow. I was too tired to go back tonight, since it's not one of the local stores I normally visit. I hope they'll still have something. I was at one of the local stores today as well, but they didn't have anything.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:28 AM by Aucassin »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2011, 09:42 AM »
I'm just curious how this wave and Wave 5 hit retail before any of the online sellers got a whiff of them. Isn't that fairly unusual?

I haven't even seen most of these on eBay yet...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2011, 10:10 AM »
I'm just curious how this wave and Wave 5 hit retail before any of the online sellers got a whiff of them. Isn't that fairly unusual?

I haven't even seen most of these on eBay yet...

It seems to vary a lot. Some waves/lines will be found in stores before online retailers, while others will be in stock online before being found in B&M stores. I haven't noticed any patterns or trends, but then again I haven't really been looking too closely.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2011, 11:11 AM »
FYI - For those concerned about the leapfrogging this wave just arrived at BBTS. They are processing my order right now.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2011, 02:06 PM »
Got my notice...should have them tomorrow/Thursday :)

I also see they must have gotten some Wave 5 too

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Got my notice...should have them tomorrow/Thursday :)

I also see they must have gotten some Wave 5 too

Yes, they also filled my order for my wave 5 cases too. I found out with a call from Paypal to verify the purchases. (They called me up to put me on hold for 5 minutes. I was very pissed about that.)

Man, this was a very, very expensive day. It was a Matty.com day too.