Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC  (Read 103812 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2011, 08:26 PM »
I've seen nada of this wave, and Target being $8.99 doesn't entice me to even stop there. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Between their price, Kmarts and TRUs, it only leaves Wally World as the cheap alternative.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Rather shop at K-Mart at this point.  They at least have the Rewards Program to earn you money off.  I keep hoping Wave 4 hits there because I've got a tidy sum off if they do.  They usually don't restock till after January anyway though because of inventory.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2011, 08:53 AM »
With both waves 4 and 5 hitting at the same time, I'm feeling like I want to skip this wave entirely, and perhaps start purging my PT collection.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2011, 11:31 AM »
With both waves 4 and 5 hitting at the same time, I'm feeling like I want to skip this wave entirely, and perhaps start purging my PT collection.

Skip w5, you will not miss anything. I do not blame you for wanting to cut back on the prequels stuff but W4 really rocks!

If you do wind up selling you PT stuff LMK you will have a buyer in waiting with me.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2011, 11:36 AM »
I agree, the only stuff I'll be getting from Wave 5 is Luke and R5-D4... the rest of the wave is terrible and a complete waste of money... if the Stormtrooper helmet they used was a good one, like from the figure below, I'd get at least a dozen. 

But instead, I'm getting zero due to Hasbro's incompetance. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2011, 11:57 AM »
I agree, the only stuff I'll be getting from Wave 5 is Luke and R5-D4... the rest of the wave is terrible and a complete waste of money... if the Stormtrooper helmet they used was a good one, like from the figure below, I'd get at least a dozen. 

I cannot disagree. The Stormtrooper helmet is a bobble head. Tantive Stormie is still my choice Stormtrooper! I just picked up 6 more to get my troop to 40.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 5, 2011, 10:23 AM »
After seeing the photos at Rebelscum, the Senate guardīs head looks without the helmet as the head of a playmobil guy,
due to the big slot on its top.
The jaws are too wide, the face looks round like a Lego / Playmobil head.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 5, 2011, 09:02 PM »
I think the Senate Guard's head looks like Robocop without his helmet.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 7, 2011, 09:09 PM »
Just another thought guys about this wave....
after seeing rebelscum pics about tvc aotc Obi Wan Kenobi
on february 7, 2011
specially this comparison

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TVC/Basic/VC31ObiWan/TVC-1374.jpg&text=Obi-Wan Kenobis: The Legacy Collection BD-44 | The Vintage Collection VC32

The paintoj has got the necessary updates in relation to the tlc version (which shares sculpt):
-the shirt under jacket got other shade of cream
-all the buttons on betl are coloured silver, they made clearer instead of fade the silver and golden aplications of the belt on the figureīs waist.
-The boots have golden buckles, 3 rows of them.

I think Hasbro must project to launch these colorful and detailed versions of characters at once, instead of packaging re-releases (the most of them have lost paint applications throught history, specially as part of battle packs).
« Last Edit: February 7, 2011, 10:44 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 8, 2011, 01:46 AM »
Well shut my mouth... Obi-Wan's ankle joints finally match the color of his boots! :o That was kinda irritating, that the TLC release had mismatching colors on the ankles.

With the overly improved paint job on this figure (even the lightsaber hilt is colored correctly!), I really want to buy him, but I can't really justify putting down $9-10 on a figure I already have. Sometime I wish Hasbro would just get it right the first time.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #221 on: February 8, 2011, 01:54 AM »
With the overly improved paint job on this figure (even the lightsaber hilt is colored correctly!), I really want to buy him, but I can't really justify putting down $9-10 on a figure I already have. Sometime I wish Hasbro would just get it right the first time.

I couldn't agree with that quote more...  I'm really looking at things right now, and thinking I've gotta stop rebuying characters I already own if they're already good enough to me.  R5-D4 is probably going to be the first.  I'm even leaning towards not picking up Luke now out of wave 5.  I want more from Wave 4 than 5, so I'm very much looking to cull from Wave 5.  I even was digging the Stormtrooper a little more, but at best I'm buying one and passing on anything extra.

Other than Zam Wessel and possibly a 2nd Senate Guard, I'm really reluctant to even buy any doubles in that wave, and it's a great wave.  *shrugs*  The current prices have basically put me past my threshold of what I consider acceptable.  It's to a point I really now have to consider if I'm even that into collecting.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 8, 2011, 03:18 AM »
I've seen nothing of wave 4 or 5.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 8, 2011, 07:48 PM »
The current prices have basically put me past my threshold of what I consider acceptable.  It's to a point I really now have to consider if I'm even that into collecting.

It's a real shame that at last there's a year and a line where Hasbro is actually doing an inhumanly good job (well... in most cases ::)), but there's also a drop in collectors because of the ridiculous prices.

Who knew Toys R Us's increased $10.99 TVC figures in late July/early August was a foreshadowing of what was to come with Target... ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #224 on: February 8, 2011, 10:50 PM »
TRU aside even...  I don't shop there often anyway, they're just not convenient here at all, but $8.99 is really just too much.  There isn't nearly enough there for me to say, "Wow, that's a toy worthy of that much money".  They'd have to deliver pretty big and impressive accessories with the figure for me to say $8.99 is even simply "fair".  Not good, just fair.