Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC  (Read 103801 times)

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC
« Reply #255 on: February 26, 2011, 10:37 AM »
Best part about finding two cases of this wave yesterday is that, although marked $8.96 at Wal-Mart, they rang up for $7.96.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #256 on: February 26, 2011, 10:17 PM »
Ironically my WM's are marked $7.96 but ring $8.96...  Though since WM goes by Sku I only experienced this with one Vinty figure so far so I don't know if some ring up differently than others.  I'll just keep getting prices adjusted.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2011, 02:46 PM »
I haven't even sniffed this wave at retail yet.  I guess it will show eventually? More than likely it's time to hit the net for this wave.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2011, 09:05 PM »
I found most of this wave at a Target store today.  But it looks like Zam, Jango & the Senate Guard may be the most popular offerings in this wave.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #259 on: February 28, 2011, 01:58 AM »
I haven't even sniffed this wave at retail yet.  I guess it will show eventually? More than likely it's time to hit the net for this wave.

I think that's smart advice for anything at this point.  I was a non-case-buying holdout, but now I just say screw it...  Why bother going to stores hunting at all right now?  It's going to rake you over the financial coals in gas alone, much less the inane price hikes on the product itself.  Ordering online is just my destination at this point, and I only wish I'd realized this 2 waves ago.  I'd have definitely just ordered wave 4 and called it a day.

Now more than ever too, it's a good time to try to help one another out as well, either through local groups, or on our boards here or whatnot...  These days it pays to do what you can to lend a hand to folks you know are looking if you're out anyway.

I've yet to see the entire wave 4 myself, but I'm keeping my eye peeled when I am out, and not straying from my commute much.  I know I still need Anakin, another Zam, another Guard, and Kit Fisto...  I will be happy to put this wave to bed, and move on.  Wave 5 is just trickling into my area for the first time too, so I'm hopeful I can wrap this stuff up soon...  of course though, Luke's a bitch to find from that assortment, and so continues the hunt I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: March 8, 2011, 04:02 PM »
For those having zero luck with these at retail - Wave 4 back In-Stock at EE.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #261 on: March 8, 2011, 09:08 PM »
This is good news, and had I not gotten caught up on this wave just recently I think I probably would've caved and bought a case just to end the wait.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #262 on: March 25, 2011, 02:56 PM »
I finally saw this wave today.  I picked up Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan...I like both of them, I just wish the Obi-Wan came with an unlit saber hilt.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 6, 2011, 05:36 AM »
This wave finally hit the UK, I picked up most of them except for the blue guard, the SBD and Jango although I'll might pull the trigger on a couple of those guards at some point.

I'm trying to avoid buying Jango again until they make some upgrades. Color issues aside, sooner or later he's going to get Vizla style articulation. A gun belt with holster straps, a good helmet with moving rangefinder  and a better likeness of his mug underneath wouldn't hurt either.

I'm impressed with the figures I picked up,  they really look like some care went into them. I love the additional paint details on the weapons.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #264 on: April 6, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Yeah, Wave 4 really was one of the better waves I thought...  Even a little better than Wave 3 in some ways.  I think I probably had more figures on my wishlists in Wave 4 than a lot of the other waves combined.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 7, 2011, 11:40 AM »
I rate it as oen of teh best waves ever also.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 8, 2011, 12:36 AM »
Scored Anakin - although I'm sorta disappointed. Sure, it's better than that horrid 2002 sculpt, but he looks sorta funny when you take off the poncho.

I'm having a hard time finding Zam. She seems to be the harder one to find in my neck of the woods, which is funny because the original 2002 sculpt was a massive pegwarmer.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: April 8, 2011, 01:03 AM »
I think it's largely that nothing since wave 3 has really hit a saturation point...  2002 Zam, movie release...  The same thing wuold happen with the Gam Guard ultimately if they put out cases of him.  Just the nature of the beast.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 8, 2011, 05:27 AM »
It's amazing what a lick of paint can do. The new colors of Obi Wan's clothes, ankle joints and the underside of his Jedi mullet being painted this time around are a real improvement. The sabre is cool too although I'd echo the earlier sentiment that an unlit hilt should have been included.

Kenobi's the character that I like most in the prequels, so this is a worthwhile upgrade for me. I'd like to have seen them go for a lighter shade on the hair though... and that goes for Anakin as well.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 8, 2011, 08:45 AM »
The anakin is a tad scrawny