Author Topic: 2010 DVD/BD Thread  (Read 24737 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
2010 DVD/BD Thread
« on: February 7, 2010, 04:09 PM »
Anyone buying anything anymore?  I picked up GI Joe v1.3 from Target this morning and some random junk from a video chain that's closing up shop.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2010, 11:15 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 DVD Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 8, 2010, 12:28 AM »
I still buy tons of movies... it just seems weird telling everyone about my weekly list.  This week I'm buying A Serious Man and Couples Retreat.  I'm tempted to buy Bronson and The Running Man blu-ray release as well.

I won't buy all of these... but the next few weeks are busy for me regardless...

Hunger
Law Abiding Citizen
Ran
Black Dynamite
Dirty Harry Collection

The Informant
Poultrygeist
Analyze This / Analyze That
Grumpy Old Men / Grumpier Old Men
The Box
Dead Snow

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Wow, I thought for sure when this one started up, it'd have "Blu-ray" in the title instead of DVD.

Maybe next year.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 DVD/BD Thread
« Reply #3 on: February 8, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Fixed it for ya.  I'm still primarily into the old fashioned DVDs myself.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 8, 2010, 11:53 AM »
I think I've bought a grand total of about 5 actual dvd's in the last year and a half...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 8, 2010, 12:09 PM »
Anyone buying anything anymore?  I picked up GI Joe v1.3 from Target this morning and some random junk from a video chain that's closing up shop.

Not much for me lately, aside from that same GI Joe set you mentioned.  A side note to that, I was watching the old Hasbro commercials on that set in the special features - and they had the one for the FLAGG.  None of my friends (or myself) had that, but watching that commercial it is hard to believe what a big toy that was (and for only around $100 back then, right?)  Anyways, the only other DVD we've gotten recently is Scooby Doo, Where Are You? Seasons 1 and 2 for our daughter.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #6 on: February 8, 2010, 12:10 PM »
Better.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #7 on: February 8, 2010, 02:33 PM »
I just bought Blu-rays of Basterds and Fight Club.  Couldn't help but support Basterds, and Fight Club brought it up to free super-savers shipping.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 8, 2010, 04:26 PM »
I'd like to pick up Zombieland and will definitely grab The Running Man (tomorrow) and perhaps 2012 (in March).

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: February 8, 2010, 04:44 PM »
Caught Zombieland last night. Very fun and funny movie - 2 Zombie thumbs up.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 9, 2010, 07:50 PM »
I still buy tons of movies... it just seems weird telling everyone about my weekly list.

DVD's are my 4th obsession hobby outside of my three toy lines I collect, so I don't think it's weird.  I'll probably make the flip to BD and rebuy most of my library over again when prices come down a tad more (without having to be crafty to find good deals)

Not much for me lately, aside from that same GI Joe set you mentioned.

I still haven't watched my Rhino Transformers Season 3 pt2 & Season 4 set I paid ungodly amounts of money for back in the day so the Joe sets are still in the parking lot, but looking forward to those sweet extras!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 01:58 PM »
I received a timeless cult classic in the mail today, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.  ;D

Why is there a watermelon there? I'll tell you later. Laugh'a while you can, monkeyboy!  :D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 05:10 PM »
I received a timeless cult classic in the mail today, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.  ;D

I get the feeling that you're not in the 30 something crowd on this site.   :D   ;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 11:59 AM »
Picked up UP this morning for $8.95 at Target.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 11:41 AM »
I know that many people aren't all that excited about the Blu Ray release of the LOTR trilogy, since it is only the theatrical versions, but I noticed that Amazon has a trailer up for the release (and some scenes) in their listing.  I will say though, just watching a "trailer" for LOTR makes me miss the times when these were coming out in theatres...good stuff.  Everyone here waiting for the inevitable "extended editions" release?