Author Topic: 2010 DVD/BD Thread  (Read 24715 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 DVD/BD Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2010, 08:27 PM »
I finally got my copy of Let the Right one in.

For anyone who was wondering, Amazon is selling the version with the corrected theatrical subtitles.

I'm closing in on 500 BD...  :-X

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2010, 04:46 PM »
I'm closing in on 500 BD...  :-X

I've got 3 BD compared to my 2,000+ dvd's   :-\  Still too expensive for me to go out and start rebuying everything all over again.  I'm sure there would be another new format out in time before that ever happens.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 10:16 PM »
I'm closing in on 500 BD...  :-X

I've got 3 BD compared to my 2,000+ dvd's   :-\  Still too expensive for me to go out and start rebuying everything all over again.  I'm sure there would be another new format out in time before that ever happens.

You've just got to keep an ear to the ground...

Just today WBShop.com had 30 or so movies on sale for $4.95 each, if you bought 4 or less.  Shipping was $5.00

I put in two orders... 8 movies, a little over $50.00.  Plenty of good titles there too, some of the ones I ordered were Natural Born Killers, Mystic River, Wild Bunch, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Deliverance, Observe and Report...  That sale only lasted a few hours though.

If you haven't been yet, blu-ray.com has a very active forum dedicated to sales... I check it each morning at work and sometimes there are incredible deals out there.  But yeah, if you walk into Best Buy and shell out $26.99 + tax for every new release, it's absurd.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:16 PM by Rob »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Picked up Saw VI on sale today at Target.  I think this is the first Saw movie I haven't purchased on release date.  I don't even think I've watched the last 2, but ya...good times.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2010, 10:09 AM »
I got Lost:  The Complete Collection on blu-ray from Amazon.com.  What an amazing set!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Picked up the Lost blu-ray set from Best Buy  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2010, 12:54 PM »
Picked up IM2 this morning at Target.  Fourth BD for my collection...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2010, 02:08 PM »
I picked up Iron Man 2 (on blu) this morning at Target as well, looking forward to seeing it again.  Usually try to grab the "combo pack" for movies like this to have the digital copy, etc., but the price difference ($12 at Target) didn't seem worth it to me.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 02:09 PM by Brian »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2010, 02:12 PM »
I think it was $24 v/s $18 on Amazon.  I'm marking this one down as a birthday/Christmas gift.  Gotta give the family something to shop for...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2010, 10:00 PM »
I picked up both Iron Man 2 and Get Him to the Greek on BD today.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 3, 2010, 02:01 PM »
Took back my single disc IM2 to Target and picked up the 3 disc version for $2 more at BB.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 3, 2010, 02:53 PM »
A question for those that buy lots of DVD/BD. Do you guys actually watch all of these movies or do you just collect them? How often does each movie get watched on average?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 3, 2010, 04:29 PM »
I've watched maybe only 20% of my collection on DVD.  The other 80% I've already seen at some point or another and don't care to watch again anytime soon.  Just nice to have them "in stock" when I want to view them.  OCD.....   :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 3, 2010, 04:39 PM »
A question for those that buy lots of DVD/BD. Do you guys actually watch all of these movies or do you just collect them? How often does each movie get watched on average?

Nope... I've finally gotten to the point where I'm more patient about everything that I pick up.  Things get much cheaper if you wait a few weeks.  I like the collecting and all, and I like having a million options whenever I want to watch a movie.

Buying it on blu-ray is still cheaper than a pair of movie tickets.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 3, 2010, 06:14 PM »
I watch almost everything I buy on DVD.  But I do have a handful of movies that I've bought but haven't watched yet.  But of well over 100 DVDs that I have, there are probably fewer than 10 that I haven't watched.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"