Author Topic: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars  (Read 6911 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
« on: February 8, 2010, 11:39 PM »
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — February 8, 2010 — LucasArts and TT Games today announced the development of LEGO® Star Wars™ III: The Clone Wars™. The next chapter in the award-winning LEGO® Star Wars videogame franchise, LEGO® Star Wars III: The Clone Wars will combine the best elements of all previous LEGO® games while adding brand new gameplay to make it the most action-packed LEGO® videogame to date. Developed by the same team at Traveller’s Tales that created the critically acclaimed LEGO® Star Wars and LEGO® Indiana Jones™ series, the game will ship on the Wii™, Nintendo DS™, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows in the Fall of 2010.

I'll definitely pick this one up... but I'll probably wait it out and grab it once it hits a sub-$30 price.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: February 9, 2010, 09:40 AM »
I agree with you Jeff.  I loved the first two SW Lego games as well as the Indiana Jones games, so this one is a no brainer for me to get.  I don't need to get it right away too, so I can wait until it hits the $19.99 bin.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2010, 10:08 AM »
I knew it was just a matter of time so this is cool.  I tried replaying The Complete Saga last week and it's just such a chore so I ultimately gave up.  I have a feeling Batman & Indy will be the same story for me, but that's okay.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2010, 11:33 PM »
Both of my boys were doing the jump and down woohoo dance this morning when I showed them the ad.  The Complete Saga is pretty much their favorite game right now (and me too :))

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 12:05 AM »
I've moved on from Complete Saga but intended to go back.  It's addicting though.  Gotta love the playing time on the games too.  It takes a while to accomplish the majority of it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 03:31 PM »
My son is going to love this news when I tell him today.  He's still counting down to Harry Potter Lego and now this gives him something else to look forward too.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 05:18 PM »
Trailer

More of a teaser, new footage starts about halfway in, and there's not very much of it.

But the main reason for the bump is that this has been delayed to 2011 now.  Amazon shows February.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 07:34 PM »
How can this actually get delayed?  I figure they have the game's engine all sitting there just ready to be re-used...  We need Jared to explain some of this.  ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 12:08 PM »
The new Lego Harry Potter game was pushed back by at least a few months; I remember seeing a presell thing for it at Target at the beginning of the year which said it was due in March, and it didn't actually come out until a month ago.  So, it happens.

On this, my guess would be that maybe they pushed it back to be able to include stuff from Season Three in it.  Just a guess.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:15 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 12:17 PM »
Is this going to be for PS2?
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 12:31 PM »
No.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 03:29 PM »
Season 3 content's a good point, I didn't think about something like that bumping it back.  Love these games, so looking forward to this.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 10:57 PM »
Damn...I was hoping for XMas for present reasons.  My boys have played the crap out of all of the Lego games and are now obsessed with Lego HP.  Most of that stuff looked to be from Season 1...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 01:50 PM »
Damn...I was hoping for XMas for present reasons.  My boys have played the crap out of all of the Lego games and are now obsessed with Lego HP.  Most of that stuff looked to be from Season 1...

Maybe you can get your boys to hold off on opening gifts until February 15, 2011.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 01:58 PM »
Maybe you can get your boys to hold off on opening gifts until February 15, 2011.

Make that March 22, 2011.