Author Topic: Jedidefender Fantasy Baseball 2010  (Read 27853 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Jedidefender Fantasy Baseball 2010
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2010, 01:09 PM »
No problem.  For the record, next to Berkman, Uggla was the thing I hated most about last year's auto-draft.

That guy killed me.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Yeah, his average is brutal and no steals.  But his power numbers are ok.  I doubt I'll hang on to him if Reyes is able to play. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2010, 03:51 PM »
Yeah, his average is brutal and no steals.  But his power numbers are ok.  I doubt I'll hang on to him if Reyes is able to play. 

Reyes was declared ready to return today.

We'll see if he lasts.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2010, 05:34 PM »
Good initial news and I hope for his sake (and mine, of course) he stays healthy.  But thyroid stuff can be tricky, tempermental and scary.  If he sticks for 130+ games I am in great shape infield wise.  If he doesn't, well, I guess Zobrist moves to short and Uggla steps in to 2B. 

Any thoughts on whether Heyward will stick?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2010, 05:49 PM »
Good initial news and I hope for his sake (and mine, of course) he stays healthy.  But thyroid stuff can be tricky, tempermental and scary.  If he sticks for 130+ games I am in great shape infield wise.  If he doesn't, well, I guess Zobrist moves to short and Uggla steps in to 2B. 

Any thoughts on whether Heyward will stick?

It's thought it was HGH that threw the thyroid out of whack.

If it wasn't though, I know that hyperthyroid can go neutral, then go hyper again.  Sometimes even can go hypothyroid for a while.  If his stays good, he's good.  If it keeps going hyper, you either need surgery to take a chunk off the thryoid to decrease the amount of endocrine cells that churn out hormone, or sometimes you can take radioactive iodine that the thyroid will uptake and kill some of the overactive cells.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2010, 09:11 PM »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2010, 02:35 PM »
A friend from school asked me to play in a Head to Head league, which is new for me.  We need a couple other teams, if any of you want to play:

link

League ID#: 580922
Password: baseball

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 2, 2010, 11:12 PM »
Is Roid Rage a member here at JD.  I just wanted to say thanks for trading me Bartlett for Uggla (sort of). Means I can leave Zobrist down at 2B and not have to worry about Uggla's batting average.  I realize Bartlett might not duplicate last year but I'll take a 10th rounder over the 15th rounder any day.  Just in time as Reyes got slid over to the DL (albeit hopefully temporarily).

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 3, 2010, 07:46 AM »
Is Roid Rage a member here at JD.  I just wanted to say thanks for trading me Bartlett for Uggla (sort of). Means I can leave Zobrist down at 2B and not have to worry about Uggla's batting average.  I realize Bartlett might not duplicate last year but I'll take a 10th rounder over the 15th rounder any day.  Just in time as Reyes got slid over to the DL (albeit hopefully temporarily).

Mike's not actually at JD, he's a local friend.

I let you have Bartlett.  In 2008 he had 1 HR in 454 AB.  Before that 5 HR in 510 AB.  His 14 HR last year were an anamoly thanks to a doubled HR/FB rate which is not going to happen again.  He'll probably hit .290 with 7 HR and 20 SB on the year with not a lot of RBI's, so you're definitely taking a hit in your power numbers bigtime by not using Uggla instead.

I think, anyhow.

But I'll pass along the thanks this weekend.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2010, 07:47 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 3, 2010, 02:13 PM »
Thanks.  Fantasy baseball is like mutual funds - past performance is not a guarantee of future returns.  The draft is a crapshoot and you move on from there.  I never really wanted to use Uggla and he would have been among the first players I dropped anyway, so no foul there.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 4, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Let the games begin.

Brent - I had Easter dinner with Mike today and thanked him for you.  He agreed with my assessment on Bartlett about him peaking last year for sure, then he asked if the owner who picked him up was a Canadian.

Mike's practically a wizard.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2010, 08:50 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 5, 2010, 01:58 PM »
Thanks for passing that along to Mike, glad you guys had a nice Easter.  Bartlett or Uggla, temporary measures at best, I hope anyway. 

Awesome assumption that I'm a Canadian, I am impressed.  Of course as a Canadian each year I can barely hope to compete in fantasy baseball.  Please express my wishes to Mike that he as an American was kind and generous to me in the draft by taking only one real closer and one backup.  When Reyes comes back I'll drop one as a gift to him to repay his kindness.   :-*

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2010, 11:42 AM »
Well, that was a fun week on the top of the standings...  Now I can start my steady decline into the depths of being a non-factor...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2010, 09:49 PM »
So Bronson Arroyo had his start moved up and I wasn't able to react in time to put him in the rotation tonight.  It's a good thing too, because after only 3.0 innings pitched he posted a 24.00 ERA and 3.33 WHIP.  Finally, sitting someone actually worked out in my favor for once!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2010, 10:03 PM »
I know the feeling.  Qualls put up an 81.00 ERA the other night.   :o