Author Topic: Toy Fair 2010!  (Read 35183 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Toy Fair 2010!
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2010, 05:14 PM »
The upcoming EU wave was basically confirmed as a TRU exclusive this May.  Any more word on that a Toy Fair, as to yes, it definitely is or why?

Yes, it definitely is a shared exclusive wave.  TRU will take the first shipments in approximately May, then Hasbro will open up the excess stock to the on-line places (EE, BBTS, etc). 

Hasbro would not get into specifics (did Walmart/Target reject them, cut back orders, or what?).  All they would say on the subject is due to declining demand on the Legacy stuff (and that's retail demand, not necesarily consumer demand), TRU is getting the EU wave, then on-line.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2010, 07:17 AM »

Hasbro would not get into specifics (did Walmart/Target reject them, cut back orders, or what?).  All they would say on the subject is due to declining demand on the Legacy stuff (and that's retail demand, not necesarily consumer demand), TRU is getting the EU wave, then on-line.

I don't think retail knows what the hell is going on.

Every store I go to is packed solid with Clone Wars and Legends figures with a thin layer of dust on them.  There isn't any Legacy to be found anywhere.  By the odd chance a case of Legacy is put out, it's gone within 1-2 days max.

For like 10 years straight I was able to go to Target, TRU and Walmart and get about 30 of every army builder I wanted.  This year I was lucky to find 5 of each in the wild.

I don't know what caused the glut of Clone Wars and Legends stuff (crap) on the shelves, but when Legacy appears, we snatch it up faster than a crackhead looking for a next hit.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2010, 11:09 AM »
Yeah, it is much the same around here.  There is a ton of Clone Wars (and some Legends) on the pegs, and the Legacy figures are usually gone in a couple days.  There are two Legacy figures hanging at our local Target (Leesub and a Rancor Keeper), but everything else is gone almost instantly.  I saw the Empire wave at retail once, and it was gone in a few days...and really none of the waves since the cardback switch have hung around very long.

I do think the CW stuff sells through pretty consistently, but there is always some on the pegs.  I think it has been mentioned previously on these forums, but I think stores get 4 cases of CW for every one of Legacy though.  It sells more, and is stocked much more frequently.  I don't think any of us argue that fact, it is just the thing where they keep saying "retail has enough Legacy", but it doesn't seem like many of us are seeing it at retail at all...it just hasn't made it that far yet or something.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Toy Fair
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2010, 10:27 AM »
as an adult collector, I appreciate the effort Hasbro goes into making the toys for us and our kids. I like SA as long as it doesn't hamper the ability to play with it. I still have my ORIGINAL 1980 Dengar, 4LOM and ZUCKESS so I'm glad for the new versions. I got 4-LOM when he came out and plan to get Zuckess soon (as a 'dad' purchase since my son isn't interested in him) and the same for Dengar, I have the OTC version who looks good but needs the updated articulation. Though I could use another IG-88 cause, all the articulation - as cool as it was - resulted in some broken arms and leg cables.  But I do love me some  Bounty Hunters! We have the At-At from two years ago, I never had one as a kid so my son and I got a lot out of it. But we are both loking forward to the NEW At-At. I also have my original Cloud Car so I'm not exactly hurting for the new one but may get it over time and I'm glad they're making it for the people who want one.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 3, 2010, 10:52 PM »
I am pleased w/ what Hasbro revealed @ Toy Fair, although I feel they could have shown the next wave (ROTS wave) in TVC after the ESB wave. I was unsatisfied to see so much of TCW line plans revealed w/out more of the TVC. Well, SDCC, here we go!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"