Author Topic: Theft and loss thread  (Read 7035 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Theft and loss thread
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 04:58 PM »
 There were atleast two items that had been swapped.  The below multipack (the sharp-eyed might be able to catch that those are not infact Clone Troopers.... :P).  Also swapped was an old Obi-Wan for one of the Obi-Wan Saga Legends.  I took both up to the front desk and explained how the figures in the package weren't the correct items and that clearly someone had bought, swapped and returned them.  

This is happening quite frequently up here.  I'm not buying much these days, especially large sets but I do recognize what should and shouldn't be in there.  Very often see older clones/stormtroopers or characters in place of new stuff. 

Even more often I come across packages that have been opened and the figures just taken.  Most recently at my local Walmart were the figure from the window in the AT-AT and then the Slave I Lego set was opened as well.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 08:33 PM »
I'm fortunate to NOT see a lot of theft near me, but it happens.  Worse, in some respects, is when ******** return figures that are ancient...  My nearby WM had EPisode 1 figures returned about 2 years ago.  What's worse was they were scanning in at like $9 a figure.  They sat for a long while, but then sold or were finally removed.  They were, of course, figures like Ric Olie, or a Nemoidian.  I believe Chancellor Valorum was in there too.

Kind of funny seeing Commtech crap back out there though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 08:42 PM »
If I could return the carded Chancellor Vallorum I somehow have still lying around the house, I would. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 12:41 AM »
How the hell do figures that old still exist in WM's system? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 12:45 AM »
*shrugs*  No clue.  But they were there.  I thought for sure they'd ring up as some unavailable thing or something, but I scanned one and it rang up for a price higher than I paid for any E1 figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 10:20 AM »
How the hell do figures that old still exist in WM's system? 

My friend from High School runs the toy dept at one of my local WMs.  She has control of doing these sorts of things at the store level.  Remember, as I am sure you all know, prices can vary from WM to WM - especially in the case of clearancing.  One store may have a higher dollar amount that they can allocate towards clearancing product than another store right down the road.

I know that does not directly relate to the current discussion but the point is that dept managers do have control over product that they have on the shelf and their prices.  My guess about the episode 1 figures is that either they were found buried in the store somewhere or someone returned them using a barcode off a current figure and it was later discovered.  At either point, the toy dept manager entered the product back into the system and priced them at the current price point.  that is my guess...