Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion  (Read 22968 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Slap me into the "I want resculpts" category, probably more than "new" figures even...  Case(s)-in-point:

-Rebel Fleet Trooper
-Endor Rebel(s)
-Tarkin (ANH)
-Doc Evazan
-Imperial Officers
-New E2 Obi-Wan, E1 Obi-Wan, etc.
-Zam Wessel

Some of those we got are are getting, but the point being they're all figures that came in very high in my "wants".

Of all-new stuff I want, the only name that immediately pops into my head that I really would like is Garrouf Lafoe from the Cantina, or some of Jabba's Docking Bay 94 human goons from the SPecial Edition.

To me, I'm at the stage where I want to see a lot of stuff brought up to the level of quality that the line's at right now.  That means super articulated Rebel Fleet Troopers with removable helmets and working holsters, a great generic Imperial officer with all the articulation, a new Tarkin...

Hell I was just thinking the other day how Lando gets the shaft, and how I'd take a "Bespin Escape" Lando without the cape, an all-new SKiff Lando, and an all-new Pilot Lando...  New Ackbar, new Prune Face/Orrimarko, new Nein Numb, new Gam. Guard...  New Owen & Beru too...

I want a brown vested Hoth Rebel pretty bad so there's an all-new one I want too I guess, but my "all new" list is definitely smaller right now.  I'm sure it'll grow though, as resculpts flesh out the line of the characters I consider more important though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2010, 01:42 AM »
My new stuff wants pretty much consists of cantina aliens and Jabba's palace goons. I don't care how obscure as long as they look neat and add a bit more color, and for the most part I get them, Hasbro is usually pretty good at cranking out 2-3 new ones every year or so while also giving us resculpts and reissues of the more important characters. There's a balance that needs to be maintained. As much as I'd love a wave full of cantina guys that have never been made, it would likely rot on the pegs and harm the line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Yeah, I think I'm in the "I want resculpts" camp as well.  Not that I don't like seeing new figures, they are always welcome, but like many have said we're really starting to scrape the bottom for this line anymore - with almost any movie (outside of maybe ROTJ).  An all-new, super duper fantabulous Bespin Han Solo is my number one most wanted figure, and like Jesse already mentioned in his post, I've been hoping for some new Landos as well (Skiff in particular).  I think we're starting to see more and more of this on the wishlists, and I'm all for those as well (Ackbar, Gam Guard, RFT, Leia, Hoth Leia, Hoth Luke, Wicket...the list goes on).  I can see why some people don't like getting "re-dos" all the time, but honestly, the line has come so far since the POTF2 days and I think Hasbro could really do some amazing things with a lot of these characters now.  Plus, I'm starting to get the feeling that - unless something changes in sales and/or media (shows/movies) - the "movie" line might be slowing down even more after the next couple years, so like Jesse mentioned, I'd like to see more of that stuff brought "up to snuff" with the newer figures.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2010, 09:34 AM »
I don't know about you guys but my buying of upgraded figures depends on a couple of things,

First, does the resculpt actually look good. When I saw the revamped Cody at the toy fair, I thought I had to have one, but then I saw the mass production version and it just didn't look that great to me so I ended up passing.

Second, is how much I like the character or design of the character.  For example, I also passed on the legacy Agen Kolar,  I figured the one I had, was good enough. If I'd been a major Kolar fan ( I'm sure he has some!) it would have been a different story, because all they have to do is resculpt Chewbacca's noggin and I'm picking one up before I know it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2010, 10:40 AM »
It was really hard for me to find some things for my Empire list that were truly new or cool.  But that's how I wound up picking the Asteroid Victim Imperial Officer.  That's one of the quirky little things that came from Empire and it really struck me that this guy needs a figure.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2010, 03:35 PM »
I find that I tend to buy anything from Hasbro. As long as it isn't a straight rehash, I'll buy it. However, I tend to buy lightsaber-wielding characters more. I can see a brand new Han Solo and a slighty tweaked Vader on the pegs, and I'll go for Vader. I always miss out on the blaster-wielding characters, mostly because they just don't have the appeal - unless they're bounty hunters. I'm always up for getting characters like Rum Sleg, Zam Wesell, Jango Fett... etc.

That said, that's why most of the figures in my wishlists are resculpts/upgrades of Jedi characters (Shaak Ti, Aalya...). I've never been one to buy Cantina characters - I have not one Cantina patron (besides Greedo, if he counts). I don't see anything cool about them - yeah, it's dainty that they have bar glasses, but I'd much rather buy a, say, SA Agen Kolra then a Leesub Sirlin type. That's also why I'm pretty much one of the few who will actually buy a new Plo Koon every time he's released. ;D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 6, 2010, 04:27 PM »
I am sorry if I sound like a jerk but on a side note I really laughed my arse off with some of the choices appearing here: The Statue, the British Padawan even Padmes Mom and Dad!!

I missed this a while back, but I *need* Padme's mom and dad so I can make the funeral procession diorama.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #52 on: June 6, 2010, 04:34 PM »
If I could have any "new" figures right now this is what I'd ask for...a Holo Chess sub set like the McQuarrie figures.  There are eight Djerik charcters, and one would come in each wave.  These would be realistic versions of the beasts.  Two of them would be big, Ephont Mon type sculpts, the rest would be smaller.

A year later, Hasbro could release 2 four packs of the same sculpts in clear plastic hologram versions...and they'd just about be the size they were in the movie!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Just checking out the ESB list results, and I really like that list overall.  It has often been discussed that Empire is one of the most fleshed out/complete movies in action figure form, and I think you kind of see that with the lists.  They seem to have been fairly consistent for awhile now, with a few changes here and there.  A good wave or two, and Hasbro could almost finish everything off (within reason).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2010, 08:40 PM »
WOW!  Very happy with the TESB results.  I went 7/10 on that.  And it's nice to see that Hoth Spirit Obi-Wan on there, too.  But no love for the Asteroid Victim Imperial Officer.  :(  Well, that's something to shoot for next year.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 08:59 PM »
I think they could easily give us a Echo Hoth Rebel and then give us a Hoth Luke using a lot of the same tooling.

Han and Lando are pretty major upgrades and need to get done.  Its too bad they are moving away from themed waves because like Brian says...with a Bespin Wave and a Hoth Wave:

Hoth Rebel Soldier
Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
Toryn Farr
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit)
Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder)
Admiral Piett

Lando Calrissian
Han Solo (Bespin)
Treva Horme
Lt Sheckil
Wiorkettle
Bespin Guard (Vintage)

Done and Done

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2010, 09:21 PM »
I'm sort of surprised Dagobah Luke did NOT make it.  He's a main character, and while the old one looks good as a one (or two in this case) trick pony, it's limited for a character that was basically running around exercising for a while.  I'd really enjoy seeing him with the new Bespin Luke's legs and some articulated arms...  I'm working on a cloth backpack for Yoda myself. ;)

Otherwise ESB's got a bit left in it.  Lt. Sheckil and the Echo Base Rebel are two stand-outs to me, as is the Hoth Technician...  and I agree on Lando though I don't recall if I voted for him or not, Hoth Han, and Bespin Han.  They're musts at this point.  And hopefully any future Lando has a removable cape for escaping fun.

I think Carbonite Han can be redone greatly as well...  I'd dig that one for sure.

I'd kind of like, "Our first catch of the day" smartass officer too...  ESB's got a bit left IMO.  It's tame on alien weirdness, but a lot of alien weirdness is pretty obscure stuff too. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2010, 09:58 PM »
I'm sort of surprised Dagobah Luke did NOT make it.

For me, it comes down to not wanting to put two Luke resculpts on my list and I want a new Hoth Luke more than Dagobah Luke. Once we get that new SA Hoth Luke, Dagobah Luke will most likely replace him on my list...

Same goes for Han - I'd love a new ESB Carbonite Han, but until they give us an ultimate Bespin Han, I'm voting for Bespin.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2010, 10:08 PM »
But no love for the Asteroid Victim Imperial Officer.  :(  Well, that's something to shoot for next year.

I think he'd be cool, too, though I can see why it gets lack of votes: Holo figure. Definitely would love to see the Tauntaun Handler get some love too. He's a cool background character, like the technicians on the Star Destroyer and all. Also would love a new Carbonite Han as well, though I'd love to get the melted box version someday.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2010, 10:24 AM »
I agree Jesse, I'd sort of like to see a new Dagobah Luke as well.  The last version is nifty for what it is, but I wouldn't mind seeing a SA version down the road.  Much like Jeff, I simply leave him off because if I had to choose one Luke from ESB to get, I'd rather have the Hoth resculpt.  I'm definitely down for a new Dagobah Luke as well though.