Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion  (Read 22973 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2010, 12:25 PM »
ESB figures still bore me. It just isnt as visually appealing for my taste.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2010, 06:27 PM »
But no love for the Asteroid Victim Imperial Officer.  :(  Well, that's something to shoot for next year.

I think he'd be cool, too, though I can see why it gets lack of votes: Holo figure. Definitely would love to see the Tauntaun Handler get some love too. He's a cool background character, like the technicians on the Star Destroyer and all. Also would love a new Carbonite Han as well, though I'd love to get the melted box version someday.

I think there's the potential for him to be interesting.  If he's half-holo figure and half de-rezzed hologram I think it would look really cool.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 03:21 PM »
Well Hasbro just broke my heart with a Q&A, saying Princess Kneesa got dropped due to production issues so i added her to my EU wishlist removing Master Thon. Don't have much hope for any of the EU figures though. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2010, 04:24 PM »
Campaign time!

Attention People of JediDefender:  I cannot begin to tell you how badly we need to get Crimson Jack and Jolli figures.  I urge (command?) you to add them to your EU Wishlists.  Yes they are from Marvel Star Wars, but they do not suck like ugly-color RFT or Tarkin do!

In addition to being the very first Star Wars comic I bought as a kid, Marvel Star Wars #15 had it all - space battles! Y-Wings on kamakazi runs at star destroyers!  Two guys wearing scuba gear in space and shooting at each other!  What more could you want in a comic?!?

Please vote for them and maybe, just maybe we can get Hasbro to give me us the Marvel Star Wars #15 Comic Pack that I we so desperately need.  Thanks in advance for your votes.

Your Pal,
Jeff

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_15:_Star_Duel

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:27 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2010, 04:26 PM »
We have been doing this for 7 years now...the following have appeared all 7 years (with Padme ROTS being 6 since that was before ROTS came out)

Mawhonic
Kitster/Wald
Tey How
Cliegg Lars
Jocasta Nu
Padme Amidala Skywalker (Buns Hairdo)
Torryn Farr
Sim Aloo
Sgt Doallyn
Lumat
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:32 PM by Scott »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2010, 04:26 PM »
Two guys wearing scuba gear in space and shooting at each other!

You're losing me with that one.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2010, 04:29 PM »
Look at the cover dammit!  Tell me that's not all kinds of awesome! Crimson Jack and Han are so bad-ass they don't need any stinkin' space suits to protect them!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2010, 04:33 PM »
Hmmm...   :-X

I may vote for one though, just for you.  You know my anti-marvel feelings though.  :P

I don't know the Jolli chick at all...  Honestly I'd rather have the Han I think.  Very McQuarrie-ish.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2010, 04:39 PM »
Look at the cover dammit!  Tell me that's not all kinds of awesome! Crimson Jack and Han are so bad-ass they don't need any stinkin' space suits to protect them!

Or pants apparently.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Honestly I'd rather have the Han I think.  Very McQuarrie-ish.

If I can't get Crimson Jack & Jolli together in a comic pack, then Crimson Jack & Yellow-Scuba Gear Han would be an acceptable alternative.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:43 PM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2010, 05:13 PM »
My EU wishlist is going to be pretty similar to last year's.  For the most part those characters are coming from either video games or modern comics.  And given Hasbro's tendency to go with video game sourced EU characters?  I guess those characters may stand more of a chance of getting made.

As for the comic characters?  I read some of the Marvel Star Wars series when I was a kid, and it just didn't resonate then.  I remember Dani in particular, and just thinking back then about how ridiculous the character came across in those issues.  If Lucasfilm had some tighter reins on the Marvel writers back in the day like they do with the Dark Horse people now, I think we would have seen some very different stories and characters.

30 years later and my feelings about the Marvel Star Wars comics are pretty much the same.  The artwork was on par with other Marvel books, but in that era most comic art was kind of weak.  Especially compared with what you see now.  And the difference in comic writing in the late 70's/early 80's compared to the past decade is like night and day.  Granted, the comic book business is far different now than it was in 1980.  Books cost a lot more to make now and they're printed on much better stock.  And overall that industry has grown with their audience.  But I'm sorry Jeff, I can't get behind characters like Crimson Jack.  The material just doesn't resonate enough with me.  And my overall dislike of that era led to me skipping the last few Marvel comic packs.

As for my own lobbying campaign?  I'd like to see people telling Lucas Licensing to stick it with their stance against the Wookiee Jedi figures.  WHY?!?!?  Sure, George Lucas sounded off that he didn't want Wookiees to be Jedi.  But the cat was out of the bag when they let EU writers and comic creators go forward with characters like Tyvokka and Lowbacca.  They proved to be some pretty cool characters, and there's a lot of love amongst collectors for Wookiees.  It's only 2 characters....let it go.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2010, 05:39 PM »
I'm sorry Jeff, I can't get behind characters like Crimson Jack.  The material just doesn't resonate enough with me. 

That's besides the point.  The point is to get me what I want.  See, it works like this - you vote for Crimson Jack because that's what I want and then I'll vote for Gold 5 Davish "Pops" Krail for you in a poll.  See?  It's friends helping friends!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2010, 05:45 PM »
I'm sorry Jeff, I can't get behind characters like Crimson Jack.  The material just doesn't resonate enough with me. 

That's besides the point.  The point is to get me what I want.  See, it works like this - you vote for Crimson Jack because that's what I want and then I'll vote for Gold 5 Davish "Pops" Krail for you in a poll.  See?  It's friends helping friends!

If we're horse trading like THAT and you DID vote for Pops?  Then I might be swayed to throw a vote in Crimson Jack's direction.

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2010, 12:11 PM »
No surprise that my Champions round is ROTJ heavy with 7, and the EU with 6. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Mine was largely ANH and ESB...  A couple ROTS snuck in, and my ROTJ wants aren't that deep so I just picked the YW Pilot from there.  I only picked Jan Ors from the EU, as I'd really dig getting a figure of Katarn's lady to go with him.

For me, ESB and ANH have so many resculpts I wanted that they really dominated my wishlist.