Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 112841 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Iron Man 2 Toys
« on: January 26, 2010, 05:28 PM »
For those interested, it looks like Hasbro announced its line of Iron Man 2 products today.  More info and pics at the linky.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Iron Man 2
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 10:26 AM »
Wow, very cool lineup of basic figs.  Interesting to note that there is a Movie Series line and a Comic Series line...I wonder if they will ship in different assortments.  I'll definitely grab most of the IM figs.  My only complaint is the lack of non-armored characters.  It would be nice to get Tony in a business suit, Fury, Potts, Black Widow, etc, (I think BW is coming in the Universe assortment though).  thanks for the link Brian!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Iron Man 2
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:08 PM »
Wow, very cool lineup of basic figs.  Interesting to note that there is a Movie Series line and a Comic Series line...I wonder if they will ship in different assortments.  I'll definitely grab most of the IM figs.  My only complaint is the lack of non-armored characters.  It would be nice to get Tony in a business suit, Fury, Potts, Black Widow, etc, (I think BW is coming in the Universe assortment though).  thanks for the link Brian!

Yeah, I agree. This is a great looking line. I dig the Deep Dive armor and am very glad to see Crimson Dynamo. Whew, and War Machine, sweet! (Though I still don't like Don Cheadle replacing Terrence Howard.)

Anytime I can get Scarlett Johanssen! Er, Black Widow, lol.

I agree there should be at least a few non-armored characters. Col. Rhodey would have bene nice. BUt not the Don Cheadle version. So if they make Rhodey, I hope they'll consider making the original one as well, since they'd likely make the Cheadle version first. And what about Jeff Bridges? lol
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Iron Man 2
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 10:57 AM »
I picked some of these up from TRU last night for $6.99.  So far I nabbed the following:

Crimson Dynamo
Mark I
Mark II
Mark III
Iron Monger (not sure if I am keeping due to size)
Power Assault Armor Iron Man
Hypersonic Armor Iron Man

I didn't see War Machine or Deep Dive (on the fence with that one) - someone beat me to it.  I left a bunch of the Stealth, Classic Armor, and Original Iron Man hanging.

I recall hearing about coupons packed in with these figures (I haven't opened any of mine yet  - and don't plan on it for some time) - iirc they sounded similar to how the clone cash worked.  Anyone have anymore info on this?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:23 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 11:44 AM »
I haven't heard about the coupons.

In this wave I'm really only interested in Mark I and War Machine.

As far as Iron Monger goes, it's a nice looking figure, but actually the 6" Iron Monger is the correct scale up against a 3 3/4" scale Iron Man.  That's how I have mine displayed and it looks awesome.

As you can see, Hasbro's 3 3/4" Iron Monger would be embarassingly small when displayed with the Marvel Universe figures.  It's good to put somewhere else, like a desk that has no other 3 3/4" around.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:06 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 11:52 AM »
I thought I read somewhere that the official "street date" for these is supposed to be March 1st, although that might be wrong.  I think our local TRU had these at some point as well, but all I saw were the Super Hero Squad 3 packs when I last visited.  Are both the movie and comic figures showing up now?  I'm debating how many of these to get.  There are a lot of cool Iron Man armors from the comics that would be tempting (and some villains), and I know I'll at least get the Iron Man and War Machine from the movie line (and maybe the Iron Men from the previous movie, we'll see).  I noticed that WM is supposed to get a 6" line (exclusive), so I may look to those instead (or in addition to).

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 12:22 PM »
Dang, I knew I should have posted a thread on this...lol

Anyway, earlier this week I found some of these too. Not the good ones like shmashwitdaclub found.

I only found the classic IM, stealth, crimson dynamo and 1st appearance IM.

I'm getting one of each one of these. I want to make an IM hall of armor and these will fit very nicely into my idea.

When I make dioramas, I tend to deal with the disparage of scale by making the dioramas "skewed" perspective. That is to say that larger items will be in the front and smaller ones in the back but the diorama made in such a way that when you look at it, it still looks as though the smaller items are in scale. Angled elements help greatly with this effect and it's something I'll use for the IM Hall of Armor.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Yeah, I am very frugal in my collecting since I buy so much (I collect SW, GI Joe, and Marvel all in 3 3/4 scale - used to do IJ too) - so I gotta watch out for overlapping releases of figures and I don't open most anything until months after I get it and keep all my receipts - its hectic - but its how I role.  

For this line I am watching out for those IM2 exclusive whatever light up base things that Target is going to have.  IIRC the models in wave 1 (implying the possibility for further waves?) as shown on the TF slide were Mark IV, VI, and Warmachine.  So, while I am not certain how different, or if I want Mark IV, or VI, Warmachine may very well be a duplicate - so I am not certain if I will get/keep a single card release.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:43 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 05:41 PM »
I picked up a couple of IM2 toys at TRU as well about a week ago.  No sign of the comic ones, but I nabbed IM Mark I, II, III, Hypervelocity and Stealth armor.  I think I got a 6th - Extremis armor maybe?  I could not bring myself to buy the standard red and gold because the paint was so bad and the underwater armor was just too silly for me as well.  I'm most looking forward to War Machine and Crimson Dynamo. 

I'm hoping to track down the Target Exclusive armor cylinders as well.  Even if there are only 3 figs, it would be cool to buy extra and display all the armors that way.  DR - I like the idea of the 6" Monger displayed with these - I may have to nab one of those.

I ahven't opened mine yet, but didn't see anything from the outside that resembled clone cash or any other coupons.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 08:12 PM »
I picked up the Mark III Iron Man, Iron Monger, Crimson Dynamo, and War Machine today at TRU.  They had the other movie, concept, and comic series figures from the initial waves, but I passed on them.  I may have to eventually get the Mark I Iron Man.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 08:54 PM »
I like the idea of the 6" Monger displayed with these - I may have to nab one of those.

I got the opening **** pit version today - thats the one you want to go with - he is the SA version.  The other Iron Monger from that line has some stupid sqeeze leg kid feature - mine didn't work and he is going back to the store.  Anyway, I grabbed him at Target - where these toys (Iron Man 1 figures) are on clearance now for around $5.50.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 09:23 PM »
I picked up a couple of the new Iron Man 2 figures tonight. Grabbed War Machine, Crimson Dynamo and Mark 1 armor and I must say I'm very impressed with the quality of these in comparison to most of the other Hasbro Marvel figures I own. They feel sturdier, the paint aps are solid, the sculpting is sharp, the joints are all tight and they're nicely articulated. Compared to the Wolverine Origins figures, these things are masterpieces, had the WO figs been done this well I bet they wouldn't have stunk up the pegs quite as badly as they have in my area. Very happy with them, hoping to score a few more later. It would be great if they give us a business suit Tony Stark eventually.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 09:53 PM »
...and a Pepper Potts figure.  Where did you find them at?  So far, I have only heard of them showing up at TRU.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 11:56 PM »
I found them at Wal-Mart, but I live in Canada, so I'm not sure if they'll be hitting the US around now as well or not.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 06:15 AM »
I think this will be one of those movie releases where TRU will have a HUGE Iron Man 2 display right where you walk into the store.

So far I've only seen them at TRU just once, but as far as I know the official release date is in March.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda