Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 113145 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2010, 04:23 PM »
I did end up getting the Mark VI Target exclusive this week on sale because from what I understand the silver paint apps on him make him more movie accurate.  I haven't opened my single carded version so he will most likely be going back to the store.

I didn't even get a general Mark VI - I think I only bought the light up chest version since he had a cool feature that differed from the others.

Hit the local TRU today and looks like they got another case of Iron Man figs as the pegs are now overflowing.  Too bad it's all the same old stuff.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2010, 10:32 PM »
I found my Hulkbuster today.  He's amazing.  I've never seen the ML version, so I can't compare, but out of the 10 or so (!!!) Iron Men I own, he takes the cake.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2010, 01:58 PM »
Nice!  What retailer did you find him at?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2010, 08:51 PM »
TRU.  They seem to be the only ones getting in the new wave right now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2010, 03:08 PM »
I found all of the newest wave last week or so. My TRU must have had 10 cases worth of them. They were extremely easy to find. I even picked up 2 extra Guardsmen.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Can we discuss the movie yet? Or is it still off limits?

With the final battle of the movie, I am extremely perplexed as to why at least one of the Hammer drones hasn't seen release yet - there were four different ones - one for each branch of our armed services, it seems like a no-brainer to me that they should have included one of these types of drones in the initial waves.

Also, with sites like Yahoo Movies getting almost the entire Mark V suitcase-suit scene (it only lasts another minute at most after the clip they posted ends) why wasn't the race-track Whiplash figure included in the the initial waves as well?

Sure, you want to hold off of revealing Black Widow (she doesn't see action in her outfit until the end of the movie) and you want to hold off on Whiplash's second fight with Iron Man, I'm all for that since it would/could be a major spoiler to the movie.

Lastly, where are the photos of the Hammer Drones that have been announced?

Sorry if I seem a little impatient with this, I'm just starting to get worried that this line is going to die a quick death and the glut of initial product is going to prevent from the later waves from being easily available.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:49 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2010, 09:07 PM »
Very good questions, and I wonder about them myself. It seems to me like Hasbro is taking the usual "villains don't sell" mentality with this line or something, and trying to get as many different Iron Men out there as possible. I realize he's the main character but he's not the only one. Most of my local stores are flooded with Iron Man variants, those same variants they keep repacking in every subsequent case. I had hoped the stuff would start moving after the movie came out but they seem to be going slowly. I was in the store the other day and saw a family there complaining about how there was nothing but Iron Men on the pegs and no bad guys. Their kid wanted someone for Iron Man to fight.

I think the first wave was solid for the most part. The marks 1-3 and Iron Monger, and a few of the concept armors, sort of a sneak preview wave. Good, makes sense. Then wave 2 came along, Mark 4, 5, War Machine and 2 different Mark 6's, and a ton of repack figures. Whiplash should have been in this wave as well, and maybe a drone as well. Did we really need 3 different red armored Iron Man that are barely any different in the same wave? And it might be more if they repacked the Mark 3 in this wave too, I'm not sure if they did or not. Having all those similar armors in the same wave is just excessive.

For the record though I'm rather happy with the comic series line.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 09:17 PM by Greedo The Green Menace »

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2010, 12:18 PM »
I can't wait to finally get the WHiplash, if for nothing else but for iron man and war machine to fight with. Now WM is a very cool figure. But in this 4" size I hope we eventually get a regular Tony Stark, Pepper Pots, Rhodey, Justin Hammer, and Agent Colson. I know Blackwidow and Nick "I'm Mace F'n Windu" Fury will come out soon. And definitely want a bunch was hammer drones.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2010, 06:36 PM »
I found the series 2 Comic series figures today in Canada! Picked them all up except for the horned helmet Iron Man, which I'll likely end up going back for later. Great bunch of figures, loving the Titanium man the most of the lot. As I said in my earlier post, I'm really impressed with the comic series line. Looking forward to the next wave with Iron Monger and the Silver Centurion armor.

In other news, here's some new ones for the movieverse line....
http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news-4/iron-man-2-holographic-mark-vi-and-hulkbuster-iron-monger-2748/

Kind of meh, though the movie style hulkbuster is kind of cool.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2010, 06:50 PM »
I kind of like the Holographic armor but I just have a weakness for clear figures for some reason.  The Recon War Machine also looks cool in that paint job. 

I haven't even bothered to look at the pegs in Target, they've been packed since early last week after a flurry of buying over the opening weekend of the film.  I don't have much thought that any other waves will hit my store before these hit the clearance aisle.

Walmart?  I don't know.  My local store doesn't have a huge amount of stock but they're going through a big construction project to turn the store into a supercenter/impact store.  They haven't been getting new stock of anything much this year so far.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2010, 09:21 AM »
I am starting to feel the same way as E posted above.  Target is packed with the initial stuff still.  WM is pretty barren due to the same store modifications E posted about, and TRU, despite their 3-4 2 for $11 sales they were having are still jam packed with the initial stuff.

I haven't been to TRU snce Friday, hopefully they sold a bunch since then because today is truck day here though I am kinda doubting it.  The pegs towards the back of the store where IM toys were planno'd were packed and the egs at the front of the store were pretty empty until they decided to empty out the floor shipper to get it off the sales floor and pack the pegs.

Thanks for the link to the new figs Greedo, sounds interesting though I cannot see them at work - Movie Style Hulkbuster?  Nice....   :)

edit:

Just saw the pics on marvelousnews.com  I dunno about these...  They most certainly could be real - but the Nick Fury he is selling has me kinda skeptical.  The head on him looks custom - his mouth doesn't look "open" like the pics at CTR show off.  Pretty meh on the "realistic style hulkbuster" Iron Monger painted red/yellow with hulkbuster head.  Meh on the camo Ware Machine since I already have the one from the K-Mart pack.  The holographic see through blue one is kinda interesting to me though
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:30 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2010, 12:14 PM »
Saw the IM2 Funko bobbleheads at 50% clearance this morning at Target.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2010, 09:59 PM »
@efranks - I am thinking we may start seeing theHulkbuster wave soon at Wm.  I think my local Super WM is sitting on a mountain of these in the back room along with a bunch of other things they need to stock - I guess they are behind on general stocking due to the refacing of the store. 

I found this out after my friend looked them up in the system and she said there was a bunch they just have to get to them - so you may wanna check yours again soon.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2010, 10:41 PM »
I found the 6" Mark V this weekend (in Canada, dunno if they're out in the US yet.) Really nifty figure, packed full of detail. I wonder how much they'll put into the 6" line, we know they have the removable helmet Tony Mark IV suit coming. Hopefully they'll do up a Whiplash in this scale, and maybe a drone or two.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2010, 11:17 PM »
I actually was just in WM tonight and they had some room on the pegs for IM figures but nothing new was out yet in the 3.75" line.  I did find the Mark VI and War Machine 6" exclusives though.

Both of those are really nice with alternate hands and weapons (for War Machine) and they looked like they had plenty of articulation.  I was a little surprised by the $13 price though.   I passed for now but I may pick up the WM later on.

Slightly OT, I saw the new (to me) Marvel figures including Thor a Captain America, Luke Cage and a couple others...They're still almost $8 a pop, though. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"