Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 113741 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2010, 08:41 AM »
Just FYI the Hulkbuster wave is back up on HTS right now

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2010, 02:50 PM »
Damn missed out on him, threw in an order for titanium man and guardsman though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 2, 2010, 01:05 AM »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 2, 2010, 01:14 AM »
Luckily I haven't picked up a Mark VI version of IM yet so it might just be worth getting this exclusive.  Depending on price, anyway.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 2, 2010, 08:43 AM »
I got the Hall of Armor Mark VI, but I haven't opened it yet and I may take it back in favor of this set.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 3, 2010, 07:57 PM »
http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=13182

Let there be Hammer Drones! Sweet!

Okay, so I need 4 sets of those. I'll have 3 Nick Fury's and 3 IM mkVI's for trade/sale then.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #201 on: June 9, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Hulkbuster is back up over at HTS

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Got my son for his birthday last weekend the Mark2, Mark 6, Hypervelocity, Inferno Mission and Crimson Dynamo. All very cool figs, to say the least. He likes them all. Already had gotten him the War Machine fig last month. Only issue to watch for is the soft plastic used in the knee joints, some are a little mis-formed causing the legs to appear slightly twisted or bowed. All have great arm,leg,torso articulation but the heads are very tight and some don't move as good as others.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Well, now that we're a little over a month out from the movie (and over 2 from the launch of the line), how do you think this line is doing at retail?  I have to admit, I don't look at it really closely right now, as I've been caught up for the time being I think for a little bit.  I'm not sure if shipments are still filling the pegs or not, but if not, stuff has started to sit quite a bit now.  I do think that the movie War Machine is a little bit tougher to come by, but I think most to all of the Iron Men are in pretty decent supply.  I'm not sure what's next in the "comic" side of this line next, but otherwise I think I'm caught up with what I want until some more of the movie figures show up (Black Widow, Nick Fury, Whiplash, and the drones).  I don't know when that is supposed to happen either, and with the way retail looks around here right now, I'm not sure if they'd get stocked anyways with the pegs being pretty full.

That's not to say nothing is selling.  I do see people/kids looking at IM stuff a lot, and it does seem to sell somewhat frequently.  The 6" WM exclusives in particular flew here (first War Machine, but Iron Man has dried up as well), and some of the role play stuff seems to do well too.  I don't know if the line is struggling or not (as many movie lines do), or if tastes have already moved on (which happens particularly in kids).  I do think it is a pretty well made line though, but - as we've already discussed - a little Iron Man heavy.  Having some of the supporting characters and villains out earlier might have helped some, as is often the case with these movie lines.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2010, 03:55 PM »
The pegs are empty here and i am waiting for a refresh of the new waves. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Pegs around here are fairly full. Some room, but doubtful we're going to get the next wave anytime soon.

But I'm hoping so. I really want Scarlett...er Black Widow, Whiplash, Fury, and of course those drones!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2010, 04:09 PM »
It seems that few figs are still moving here but I haven't paid attention to anything other than the action figures.  I saw some of the newest figs at a TRU about a month ago but nothing in town locally, and definitely no movie villains.  We only have initial release stuff here, and when there are holes, more of it gets stocked.

I think the action figures are nice but I was comparing Mark III and IV armor figs the other day and the paint changes aren't enough to warrant a new purchase.  I think Hasbro ****** up and released too many Iron Man figs.  They could have been fine with one comic wave and one film wave, putting out Mark I - III and the Iron Monger figures in that wave.  Then come out with a wave of IM2 movie figs for the film release with the MIV - VI (or whatever) armors, Whiplash, Nick Fury and Black Widow.  There may be some sales, but the line is dying fast, and it's Hasbro's fault due to the wave mix.

I think the role play stuff is really cool.  If I was a kid I'd want the helmet, the chest piece, glove...the works.  All the other misc stuff?  I don't care much for it, but the race car does look nice.  If you want a 1:18 formula 1 race car, there you go.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2010, 04:57 PM »
I think the action figures are nice but I was comparing Mark III and IV armor figs the other day and the paint changes aren't enough to warrant a new purchase.  I think Hasbro ****** up and released too many Iron Man figs.  They could have been fine with one comic wave and one film wave, putting out Mark I - III and the Iron Monger figures in that wave.  Then come out with a wave of IM2 movie figs for the film release with the MIV - VI (or whatever) armors, Whiplash, Nick Fury and Black Widow.  There may be some sales, but the line is dying fast, and it's Hasbro's fault due to the wave mix.

Yep... Hasbro really knows how to destroy a line with their horrible wave mixes.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2010, 10:09 PM »

Yep... Hasbro really knows how to destroy a line with their horrible wave mixes.

Agreed. I hope to get those non-IM movie figures, but at the rate they are selling here, it doesn't look good.

They should have had at least one Hammer drone in each wave. There were 4 different ones afterall, so that easily could have been milked.

I hope to get those multipacks, but I really don't need the same IM many times over, nor Nick Furys. The Furys I might be able to trade/sell, but the IM I'll have to take a hit on likely.

I'd rather have had a 4-pack of Hammer drones. Or even 3 drones and a Shield field agent. A real army building set.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2010, 08:45 PM »
The movie stuff is overflowing pretty much everywhere up here. They sold well initially, but they've restocked a few times since then and they're just rotting on the pegs now. The only ones that are in short/no supply are the Mark I, War Machine and Iron Monger. The Iron Men are just everywhere though. The 6 inchers sold pretty well though. On another note, the comic series seems to be doing quite well in my area, I don't see too many of those, and really, I do think it's the better sub line. At least those Iron Men variants are fairly different from one another, plus there's villains. Sadly, I'll probably never see another wave of these things, which is a shame since I was really looking forward to the supporting characters. Ah well, I guess that's what e-tailers are for.