Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 112837 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #45 on: March 3, 2010, 02:01 PM »
I stopped at the WM across town from us today, and they had the best selection of IM2 stuff yet.  I think they had most to all of the current figures, so I was able to pick up the movie versions of Iron Man (Mark VI) and War Machine - both look very nice.  This really has the makings of a good line so far.  Iron Man lends himself to multiple versions so much better than a lot of other heroes, since he literally does have several costumes.

You know, looking at this War Machine stuff, that character has a chance to become quite popular with a new generation who hasn't heard of him (kids in particular).  You've got Iron Man's armor, but with tons of guns and everything, and its black - what more could a little kid want? :)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 3, 2010, 03:59 PM »
Also, Marks IV - VI are out as basic, carded figures ... along with the Inferno Mission Iron Man.

Really? These aren't shown on any of the cardbacks I have.

Got a link to those toys?

If they are out, then I'll need to get them.

NM, I found links. Dang, okay, so I saw the pics for the Mark 4 and Mark 6 but not Mark 5. Also there is another deluxe that looks sweet. Shockwave armor. He's mostly red with silver. Faceplate is red on this one, I LIKE it!

Man, add those to the Marvel universe figs, and there are already plenty of variations. That Hall of Armor is going to look great!!
« Last Edit: March 3, 2010, 04:14 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #47 on: March 3, 2010, 09:28 PM »
My Target put out theirs today.  I have to say I'm really impressed with the line overall, even if it just a bunch of Iron Men.  Didn't see much beyond the first wave (no sequel figures) but I was glad to pick up the original suit (Kirby) version. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 3, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Has anyone seen Target's light up hall of armor sets?  Are they worth getting?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 3, 2010, 11:33 PM »
I saw these today, nice line of figures - even if, like Darby said, it's a bunch of Iron Man figs.

I saw a pretty good mix between the three stores I hit before going into work. I've see the movie line Mark I - Mark VI suit figures, plus three or four different Concept series suits, War Machine, Comic series versions of Iron Man, Crymson Dynamo, War Machine and the Kirby version of the suit. As well as Iron Monger. I think that might be all that's out right now.

I'm not sure if this is going to be in the movie or not (although it's part of the movie series, so it might be) - but I was reading the back of the Mark V figure and it indicated that this version of the suit is a portable "suitcase" version of the suit. Is this something new they created for the movie or is it something that has been in the comics?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 4, 2010, 12:00 AM »
I saw some of the Iron Man comic figures at WM the other night and then tonight found both the comic and film figures at Target, which just set a huge section for them (nearly a quarter aisle).  The figures look pretty good.  The comic War Machine is really nice, I almost bought him.  I never read any issues with him, but I've always liked that armor.

The $6.99 price is much nicer than the $9 that the Marvel figures were selling for.  I didn't pay much attention to all the various oddball items, I just looked through the basic figures so I don't know if they had the Hall of Armor exclusive.  Is this in the 4" scale or 8"?  I might have to look for that either way, sounds kind of cool.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 4, 2010, 08:38 AM »
Has anyone seen Target's light up hall of armor sets?  Are they worth getting?

I went again to Target yesterday to take a look a round because I am interested in the premise of these sets.  I looked all over the but it seems these sets aren't built into the plannogram yet.  I kinda figured/had a feeling for some reason that these would be available upon release - but it doesn't seem so at this point.

I guess I just kinda had this feeling because I think Target would have had a better chance of selling through these now than if they wait.  Parents might spring the couple extra $$$ for a light up base now, rather than going back and buying the same figure over again just to get a light up base - collectors too.  Perhaps they aren't going to be out now until the movie releases?

This is one of the reasons why I am pretty much waiting to open any of these.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 4, 2010, 09:59 AM »
Robert Downey Jr. will be on Jimmy Kimmel Sunday night with a brand new trailer for IM2.

Sweet.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 4, 2010, 10:32 AM »
I'm not sure if this is going to be in the movie or not (although it's part of the movie series, so it might be) - but I was reading the back of the Mark V figure and it indicated that this version of the suit is a portable "suitcase" version of the suit. Is this something new they created for the movie or is it something that has been in the comics?

In the olden days of comics (80's Iron Man), Stark carried around his armor in a business briefcase.  I always thought it was a little goofy as that would never fit in a normal case, but it was basically just the helmet, chest-plate, gloves, and boots.  The golden layer between those parts was either super-thin stretch metal or extended out from the other parts.  Would be kind of cool if they were able to fit something like that into the movie.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 4, 2010, 12:18 PM »
It would also be really cool if they could work that concept into one of the figures. Great way to give us a business suit Tony while still giving it kid appeal due to the snap on armor.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 4, 2010, 12:51 PM »
I think most of these figures look great, and did pick up a few (for custom fodder).  What gets me though is why they don't put some more variety into the character selection.  Why not more bad guys?  Or other people from the film?  I think it's Iron Man overkill when basically every figure is of him in a different suit.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 4, 2010, 01:07 PM »
Ya - I saw these this morning at Target and I think they all look fantastic, but I'm just not into comic book stuff.  Might just buy one just because.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 4, 2010, 01:12 PM »
What gets me though is why they don't put some more variety into the character selection.  Why not more bad guys?

What, and break the record set for most Spider-Man variants released without a villain set in 2004?   ;D

I don't know why they do this either.  It's no fun to have a bunch of heroes with nobody to fight, especially when they're superheroes.  But look back at all the companies that have done hero lines and you almost always have huge amounts of the good guy(s) and the villains are always rare and hard to come by.  Batman, Spider-Man, Hulk, Justice League Unlimited (for the first year or two) now Iron Man.  I'm sure there are others but those are just off the top of my head.

That's one thing I like about the Star Wars and Joe lines, you almost always have a bad guy on the pegs at the same time you have your heroes.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 4, 2010, 02:07 PM »
I don't understand why they always hold back the bad guys with these comic book movie lines either, and then when they do release them, it is often in smaller numbers.  I can understand, to some extent, the various versions of the main hero.  Iron Man in particular works pretty well for this (both movie and comic), since he changes his suit a lot (or, in the case of comics, has had multiple versions).  But the lack of supporting characters or baddies I don't get.  I know they are coming eventually, but I think they should at least have Whiplash out there a bit earlier.  I guess there is an Iron Monger from the first movie, but still...even kids like to have the bad guys I think, particularly in this "1 on 1" scenario of hero vs. villain.  Otherwise Iron Man just has to fight a different version of himself.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 4, 2010, 04:22 PM »
I picked up the Comic War Machine yesterday. I don't read comics, but I thought the figure would look cool with the MU Iron Man I have on my shelf. It does.

Now, can anyone recommend good movie versions of Iron Man and War Machine? I'm really only looking to get one of each, and preferably the better figures currently available.