Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 113141 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #75 on: March 6, 2010, 01:45 PM »
Picked up Mark III and movie War Machine.  May pick up a few more.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 6, 2010, 05:36 PM »
So can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Mark 3 vs 4, 5 and 6? I'm trying to find pics, but having little luck. As far as i can tell the Mark 6 has the triangular chestpeice isntead of round. I can't seem to find much of any difference between 3 and 4 though.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #77 on: March 6, 2010, 07:31 PM »
I also picked up the Mark III and movie War Machine today, because I have no self restraint.  The biggest difference to me in the armors is the chest symbol (round vs. triangular).  The Mark IV-VI appear to be roughly the same body type, but with varying differences in paint jobs. 

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 6, 2010, 07:51 PM »
So can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Mark 3 vs 4, 5 and 6? I'm trying to find pics, but having little luck. As far as i can tell the Mark 6 has the triangular chestpeice isntead of round. I can't seem to find much of any difference between 3 and 4 though.

The Mark IV and Mark VI armors are almost exactly the same, except that the IV has the round arc reactor piece and the VI has the triangular arc reactor piece.  Though the Mark III and IV both have the round arc piece, they are different in many, subtle ways.
The Mark V armor is meant to be a lightweight, portable armor, and is noticeably different than all of the others.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 7, 2010, 01:44 PM »
For those of you who were waiting for a sale to start into this line, they are 2 for $10.99 this week at TRU.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #80 on: March 7, 2010, 08:23 PM »
Went to TRU looking for MOTU but saw the sale and picked up 2 more, got Mark 1 and the red and gold comic version.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 7, 2010, 09:46 PM »
For those of you who were waiting for a sale to start into this line, they are 2 for $10.99 this week at TRU.

Thanks for the tip.  My TRU was stocked with 10 pegs of IM figs, but they were all the Mark II/SCUBA-Armor wave.   I may take my receipt back from a week or two ago though as I think I paid $7 each for them.

I hit Wal-Mart later in the day and tracked down the War-Machine and Crimson Dynamo (only 1 left of each and superb paint jobs!).  I think I'm set on these until the next waves start to pop.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 8, 2010, 12:12 PM »
I took advantage of the TRU sale and picked up the Power Assault and Hypervelocity Armors today.  I don't think there's really much left of what's hit retail so far that I need to pick up.

On a related note ... did anyone else catch the new trailer last night after the Oscars?  Very nice!  And, it confirms that the Mark V armor is actually in the film.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 8, 2010, 12:41 PM »

On a related note ... did anyone else catch the new trailer last night after the Oscars?  Very nice!  And, it confirms that the Mark V armor is actually in the film.

Yeesh!

Mark V is in there and is way more awesome than I imagined it would be.

Just crossed out May 7th on my schedule so I can go to the first showing that morning!

And possibly stay for a 2nd.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 8, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Yeah, pretty neat to see the mark V in action. On a related note, is anyone else hoping they make a figure of those Hammer Drones?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #85 on: March 8, 2010, 12:59 PM »
Which armor is the Mark V? The triangluar reactor chest piece or the one that pops up from the brief case?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 8, 2010, 01:39 PM »
The briefcase one, red and silver.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 8, 2010, 01:45 PM »
Just watched that trailer. WOW!

This looks even better than the first movie!

I can't wait to see it!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 8, 2010, 04:44 PM »
thanks to Jediknutt over at RS.com - $5 off your purchase of $20 or more on page 3

http://print.coupons.com/couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=15162&zid=st48&nid=20

there is a Star Wars coupon in there too.  Both expire 4/15/10

you can print 2 of each per computer

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 8, 2010, 08:04 PM »
I picked up 4 figs on the way home from work at TRU courtesy of the sale/coupon.  They were really picked over and there was some pretty bad paint apps on the ones that were left outside of what I got, but hopefully these will satisfy my need without going any further.  I hate it when there's downtimes with SW/TF/Joe because I tend to do "stupid" things like this - even though these figs look great.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN