Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 113126 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2010, 08:58 PM »
I was in a Target store today and price checked the Hall of Armor pieces.  Sorry, but a light up base paired with a figure that I've already bought is NOT worth $12.99 to me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2010, 09:58 AM »
Dang, I forgot to check on this last night. Hopefully I remember about this and check for it tonight instead. Is there an IRON MAN equivalent?

Yes ... Borders also is selling a Marvel Select of the Mark IV Iron Man.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2010, 01:25 PM »
I noticed this weekend - although the pegs are far from empty in many of the stores, the Iron Man 2 sales are starting to pick up here locally.  In particular, I didn't see a single Mark V or (movie) War Machine at Wal-Mart, Target, or TRU this weekend.  There seems to be plenty of most everything else, although Iron Monger is a bit tougher to find as well.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2010, 02:16 PM »
I've noticed that the IM figures have had a steady, if not high, turnover at Target.  I don't go to my WM enough to notice.  I also didn't look to see what specific armor models were moving, or if War Machine was selling, just paid enough attention to see that the pegs have been emptying out.

I think this line has a chance to really pick up in the weeks right around the movie but one thing that I think will be important is for Hasbro to get the movie villains onto shelves to coincide with the film opening.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2010, 06:11 PM »
...one thing that I think will be important is for Hasbro to get the movie villains onto shelves to coincide with the film opening.

E...

Yes indeed!

Whiplash and any Hammer Drones.

Also (and although not villains), I'd like to see Nick Fury and Black Widow (movie version, not the Universe versions-though I do need the blonde variant of this one too).

It's been a fun line to collect so far, but yes, it is severely lacking in villains.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2010, 08:54 PM »
I've noticed that the IM figures have had a steady, if not high, turnover at Target.  I don't go to my WM enough to notice.  I also didn't look to see what specific armor models were moving, or if War Machine was selling, just paid enough attention to see that the pegs have been emptying out.

I think this line has a chance to really pick up in the weeks right around the movie but one thing that I think will be important is for Hasbro to get the movie villains onto shelves to coincide with the film opening.

E...

I've noticed the same here, particularly recently.  Target has been moving through more IM stuff, and stocking it the most regularly of the "big three".  TRU here was nearly cleared out right after their 2 for $10.99 sale, although there is still some on the pegs.  WM seems to be the slowest mover, but some are still moving.  I agree about getting those villains/supporting characters out there soon.  I think they want to "strike while the iron is hot" right after the movie comes out, as it could really be a successful line for them then I think.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2010, 08:44 PM »
Target moved some items around either yesterday or Sunday and now has a larger display of IM2 figures on a shelf unit that had Bakugan on it up till now.  They put out the Hall of Armor figures.  They look pretty cool but I don't think I'm going to pay double for any of the figures to get the light-up base.

The display they had on the end of the end cap is sweet, though.  With the three armor systems, backdrop and case.  I guarantee people are going to be looking for that after this promo is over.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2010, 11:54 AM »
I am really confused about when new figures from this line will be available - this is what I am seeing so far over at ee.com:

Wave 4, due out in May, is going to consist of all (11) repacks and only one new figure Whiplash - only one of him!!!

Supposedly this will be the same thing in Wave 4 revision 3, also due out in may - except this time according to EE they will all have "Revised Packaging".  Anyone have any idea what that could mean?

Am I missing something or is this how it really is going to be in terms of never seeing the new product for this line?

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2010, 08:57 PM »
I picked up the K-Mart exclusive three-pack today.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2010, 04:02 AM »
I am really confused about when new figures from this line will be available - this is what I am seeing so far over at ee.com:

Wave 4, due out in May, is going to consist of all (11) repacks and only one new figure Whiplash - only one of him!!!

Supposedly this will be the same thing in Wave 4 revision 3, also due out in may - except this time according to EE they will all have "Revised Packaging".  Anyone have any idea what that could mean?

Am I missing something or is this how it really is going to be in terms of never seeing the new product for this line?

I was looking into this as well.

Now that they have even released a good amount of the racetrack scene with the fight between Whiplash and Tony in the Mark V suitcase armor, I am even more shocked than I was before that the Whiplash figure based on this scene isn't out yet.

I was extremely surprised when I saw the case break-downs for these two Wave 4 cases - not to mention the fact that there is a Revision 1 and Revision 2 version of this case, that is nothing but re-packs.

Thankfully, my primary focus with this line was to score all six versions of the Iron Man armor, War Machine and Iron Monger - which I've done.

Minimally, I'd love to add a couple of those Hammer Drones (or whatever they're called) to my little mini-collection of Iron Man 2 stuff. I'd also love to get Whiplash, Nick Fury and Black Widow, but if I have to track them down at a rate of 1-per-case, I'm afraid that just ain't gonna happen - especially if next week I'm able to find the remaining Star Wars items I need before the re-launch in August, over the next few months, I'm just not gonna be wasting the gas to hit that many toy stores.

Did the Star Wars team loan the Iron Man 2 team the guy who works on case assortment pack-out ratios? Cause this 1-per-case nonsense with new figures is something that only that idiot would do.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 04:04 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2010, 12:47 PM »
Yeah, there's no sense to these pack outs.  Whiplash and Black Widow should already be out there.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2010, 07:42 PM »
Finally found myself a movie War Machine and Mark V today, great little figs. Word is the 6" figures are starting to hit as well.

I hear yas on the messed up case assortments and it's a bit worrisome since this is a line that could potentially last a while if handled correctly. I can certainly understand Hasbro wanting to keep Iron Man out there, but I really don't understand their (and apparently many other toy companies) aversion to having villains available at all times as well. I know Whiplash isn't the most exciting looking baddy from a visual perspective, but what kid wouldn't want a bad guy for his Iron Man to fight? I suppose maybe some kids are content with simply an army of Iron Men so they can have a little Tony Stark fashion show, but I would think most kids like to have the whole good vs evil dynamic in their play patterns, I know me and my siblings did as kids. I'm really hoping Hasbro didn't miss the boat on this front too because from what I've seen there's a number of different Hammer Drone designs that would make great additions to this line and provide some bad guys for the kiddies as well and I just have to wonder why they aren't available or even announced?

My biggest concern though is how similar a lot of the Iron Men on the pegs are, between the Mark III, IV and both versions of the VI there's the potential for a huge glut of red and gold armors on the pegs. I can't see too many parents or kids seeing the need for more than one of the gold armors, since the differences probably aren't that noticeable to a casual buyer. Hopefully this isn't the case, and I have hopes since the first Iron Man line sold so well despite all the crazy armor variants. Time will tell, really hope they make some of those hammer drones though, maybe even a Titanium Man in the smaller scale like the one in the 6" line just to flesh out the Rogues Gallery a bit.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2010, 04:03 PM »
Yeah, there's no sense to these pack outs.  Whiplash and Black Widow should already be out there.

Both of these figures turned out pretty crappy IMO.  Black Widow sucks more than Whiplash.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2010, 07:33 PM »
I found the 6" Iron Man and War Machine today, I hear these are out in Canada and the US now if anyone is interested. They're quite nice if you can find one with good face paint apps. I'd like to see them do a Whiplash as well. I bet they could nail the likeness in this larger scale.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2010, 10:30 AM »
What really is going to suck imo, from the sounds of it, is trying to find the 1 per case Whiplash on the pegs amidst an ocean of Iron Man repack figures.  I guess knowing his collection number would help since they are displayed on the side of the package - but that really only helps if you have a side view to look at...

I agree on the Black Widow figure - I think her pics early on really do her no justice.  I do suppose that I may pick her up though from a completionist aspect - since I already have and intend to buy just about everything else from the line - in a really good sale (ie TRU's 2fer sales)