Author Topic: Start the landing cycle  (Read 5809 times)

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Start the landing cycle
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:26 AM »
Hey there guys, I hope life's treating you well in whatever corner of the world your in. I collected the old Kenner figures when I was a kid in the seventies but I guess somewhere along the line I lost interest. Years later, I received a modern figure for what was intended to be a joke present on my 30th birthday and somehow I got catapulted back into the game. Six years later... I'm still totally hooked. Damn Glad to be here!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Start the landing cycle
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 03:15 PM »
Hey Blaster, welcome aboard...  Where are you from?  Any collecting focuses?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Welcome to the group dude - always great to have new blood!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 04:02 PM »
Years later, I received a modern figure ... and somehow I got catapulted back into the game. Six years later... I'm still totally hooked.

Hmm, this sounds familiar.  ;) Welcome to the crew, Blaster!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 12:27 AM »
Welcome Blaster!  It sounds like you're fairly similar in age to a lot of the guys here, so you should enjoy the conversation here.  Enjoy!

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 03:59 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I really appreciate it. I was born in Toronto and Star Wars was the first film I ever saw at the movies, I guess it left an indelible impression on me. These days I live in the UK, where my folks were from, I don't really have a focus, I collect mainly the realistic style figures and vehicles, but have to admit I've dabbled into the clone wars figures a little, with the drought coming... that might happen some more. The same thing happened to me with Indy figures...I 'll just get Indy with the Idol... next thing you know, you're buying someone who doesn't even remotely resemble Cate Blanchett.

I've come to love the prequel trilogy, warts and all, and I've become seriously hooked on the clone wars, but there's just something great about getting a figure from the Original trilogy for me that can't be beat. Roll on the new vintage line!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 04:03 PM »
Welcome!

Come, come. For the Jedidefender is time to meet as well. Meet, meet. Hot. Good forum, hmm? Good, hmm?

(It's the 3 O'clock stupids, don't ask.)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 11:48 PM »
Nice to have a UK'er aboard.  We don't have many, so it's appreciated having you join in the fun.  Pop into the forums, talk it up.  Chat about what you like/dislike.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77