Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Nikto Guard?  (Read 12405 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Nikto Guard?
« Reply #30 on: March 6, 2010, 07:44 AM »
I don't know, I don't consider $9.99 figures a plus I guess...  Exclusive or not. 

I don't think any of us wants to pay more for a figure, but it's very rare to get an Exclusive for the same price as non-exclusives.  I'd rather keep my $2-3 and have it part of the basic line, but I'm just saying it could be a lot worse than $10 or free with $25 purchase.  Lesser of many evils I guess.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 12:05 AM »
Funny how at the SDCC slideshow presentation the Hasbro reps didn't have too much to say about this figure.

"Uh, and this is the TRU Exclusive Nikto Guard... with, uh, removable hood."

"Oh, yeah, he was originally meant to be included in the Jabba's Palace BP!"

I don't blame them. Look at this figure! What is there to be said about it?!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Did Hasbro have much to say about anything?  This has to be the weakest convention from an info perspective in quite a while.  Understanding they are holding back for CV, but usually Hasbro has some color commentary for their presentations that involves some more than what we got.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2010, 02:41 PM »
From the Hasbro Customer Relations Manual:

"When asked a question regarding upcoming product by consumers, Hasbro staff should respond as follows:

-If the question is asked between March and July of the year, your response should be, "We will be revealing more at ComicCon in July."

-If the question is asked between August and February of the year, your response should be, "We will be revealing more at Toy Fair in February."

-If a secondary convention (such as a con dedicated to a particular property, such as BotCon, JoeCon, SW Celebration, or My Little Pony Horse Fetish Ball-O-Rama) takes place in the interim between ComicCon and Toy Fair, your response can be "We wanted to save something to reveal at (insert convention name here), so you'll have to stay tuned until then!"

-If anyone asks any question regarding Tonnika Sisters, piss-poor case assortments across all lines, Human Alliance Mudflap, the nonexistence of anyone not wearing a suit of armor in the Marvel Universe line on the pegs, and/or extended, nonsensical six-month long droughts in new product, you are hereby authorized to shout, "Look, it's Jesus!", throw a smoke grenade, and jump out any open window to avoid unruly fanboys."

:)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:41 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2010, 10:23 AM »
This is up now on TRU.com, albeit under the wrong description:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4020327

Yep, not a Transformer, guys. Price point and item # are hopefully accurate though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2010, 10:29 AM »
Nice find - so I guess now we have two TRU Item numbers to have them check.

From McMetal's link.....

Item #: 492490

UPC: 653569517498
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 11:54 AM »
Stopped by my local TRU this morning and they had a peg and sticker designated for this dude, but none in stock yet. $10.99!  :o

Figure he will be arriving next week for the new planogram reset, but since my TRU gets their truck on Tuesdays, I am hoping to see him before the 9/23 changeover.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Both local TRU's had the new front TCW display, but neither had the new Nikto Guard.  >:(

I do see he is In Stock now on the website. I'm kind of debating it, the shipping would not be free unless I ordered something else and they don't even have Wave 3 up yet.

Hoping he shows up next week at least.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 08:27 AM »
Hoping for a "Buy ______ get Nikto guard free" sale like they did with Ponds. Then again, I didn't get Ponds when that had that sale (and despite his price tag, all his figures eventually vanished...weird).

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2010, 08:33 AM »
Hoping for a "Buy ______ get Nikto guard free" sale like they did with Ponds. Then again, I didn't get Ponds when that had that sale (and despite his price tag, all his figures eventually vanished...weird).

same for me all around. 

I didn't get the Ponds figure just for the fact that I have enough clones.  Throwing this guy in a similar deal might be enough for me to take the bait.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2010, 09:56 AM »
I'd love that as well, but I'd also love a free Kul Teska figure too. Odd that they haven't run any kind of promo for that dude yet. He is pegwarming big time around here. I love him but would prefer to wait for the price to dip before buying another for openers.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2010, 11:59 AM »
I'd love that as well, but I'd also love a free Kul Teska figure too. Odd that they haven't run any kind of promo for that dude yet. He is pegwarming big time around here. I love him but would prefer to wait for the price to dip before buying another for openers.

buy a couple other things you are intending to buy and use a $5 off coupon before it expires - thats what I did.  Same for goes for the nikto if you want him that bad.  Heck, if they are both in stock you can buy one of each exclusive and use a coupon.   then it would be like getting both for $21   ;D

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Personally. I love this figure.  My favorite types of figures are Aliens, and Tatooine aliens always welcome.  And, it seems the the CW line doesn't really want to make background figs, so this guy is most welcome.  In fact, I think I'll get two and use my Clone Cash for 5 off, so he'll be a bit cheaper.

Oh, and I saw som Kul Teskas the other day for 17.99!!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2010, 11:40 PM »
Found this toay here in KC. Not a bad figure, but shoulda been in the Jabba BP

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2010, 12:03 AM »
I did not find this at TRU today, but I did find something interesting when I asked about them.  Someone at the service desk was able to find them on TRU.com and said that if I paid in the store, I could get free shipping direct to my house.  So, for $23, I now have two of them in transit and can avoid repeated trips to TRU over the next few weeks.   8)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today