Author Topic: Marvel Universe Wave 1  (Read 9012 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe Wave 1
« on: September 29, 2008, 03:39 PM »
For anyone interested, CoolToyReview put up pics (carded and loose) of Wave 1 of the Marvel Universe line (this is the 3 3/4" one).  Its made up of:

Human Torch
Iron Man
Punisher
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 09:05 AM by Scott »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 05:11 PM »
For anyone interested, CoolToyReview put up pics (carded and loose) of Wave 1 of the Marvel Universe line (this is the 3 3/4" one).  Its made up of:

Human Torch
Iron Man
Punisher
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man

The only beifits I see to this line is that between GI*Joes, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, DC Universe, WWE, and Marvel stuff that there is a ton of fodder out there for people to go to town making custom toys. Granted Marvel & DC make using the characters heads a little harder with masks, but all the different arms, legs & bodies give a person a ton to choose from.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:12 PM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 05:11 PM »
Man, what is the MSRP on those 3.75" Marvel figures? 

They have to be more than $5 each, beacuse the articulation on them is like 1,000,000 times better than the few ugly joints that the DCU IH figures have...   ::)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:12 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 02:08 AM »
Man, the 3.75" Spider-Man, SIlver Surfer, and Punisher are SO bought.  :o
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 09:24 AM »
MarvelousNews now has further pics up of the upcoming Marvel Universe figures.  I'm not sure what the pricepoint will be on these, but I'm going to guess it will be about the same as Star Wars - which looks like about $8 a figure now.  I agree with what Jeff mentioned earlier, the DC Infinite Heroes line is going to have to step it up though to compete with this line.  I think it has been mentioned that the DCIH line is adding articulation in 2009 and beyond, so we'll see.

Like I've said before, despite having such a commitment to the 6" scaled Legends line already, I'll likely be buying at least some of this line.  I've always liked this scale, and with major space/display issues at this point, these will help that as well.  My budget will likely be greatly streamlined next year, so with Indy ending - Joes switching to movie stuff -and Legends switching to two packs, I think if I can collect a second line alongside Star Wars, it will probably be these.  I'll still grab the occasional 6" figure (and some from DCUC as well), and various stuff here and there possibly, but I'm going to try to stick to smaller and more affordable stuff next year.  Plus, with the Legends figures now $15 at Target, if that crosses over to the other 6" lines, I just can't keep up with that.  Time to really start picking and choosing.  Anyways, back on topic, this Marvel Universe line looks pretty nice so far.  I like the individual card art too, even though I open everything.