Author Topic: Marvel Q&A  (Read 16633 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Q&A
« Reply #15 on: November 4, 2010, 04:55 PM »
CTR just got there answers back - did we over here at JD receive any responses?  are we still submitting questions?  I believe the next question deadline is this Friday.

I would like to post some questions here if we are still doing this.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 10:21 AM »
These QnA's are starting back up again too with a due date of 3/25/11.  Can we start these back up for submission here too?  If so I have some questions I would like to submit.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 10:23 AM »
Sure...not sure what happened in the past as we never got our first answers back, but, we can try again

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 05:25 PM »
cool, here is one from me:

I love Archangel and that you made his Death variant, and the upcoming Apocalypse looks too cool for school. All that said, what are your thoughts on the possibility of making an exclusive set containing Apocalypse and his Horsemen? If you could make the set, who would you like to see fill the roles of Death, Famine, War, and Pestilence? You could throw Mister Sinister in too if you would like.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 06:06 PM »
I think I know what the answer will be if this gets submitted, but why not:

Are you guys working with retailers to get more Universe figures onto shelves? My stores either do not carry the line at all or have been sitting on the same Iron Man and Hobgoblin figures for close to two years now, and refuse to restock the shelves. It's very frustrating because the current crop of figures is top notch, and I hate that I'm missing out on them.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 12:24 AM »
I think I know what the answer will be if this gets submitted, but why not:

Are you guys working with retailers to get more Universe figures onto shelves? My stores either do not carry the line at all or have been sitting on the same Iron Man and Hobgoblin figures for close to two years now, and refuse to restock the shelves. It's very frustrating because the current crop of figures is top notch, and I hate that I'm missing out on them.

I like this one.  I have not seen a full wave of new figures in ages.  When I do find something new, it is picked over to just 1-2 leftovers, which leads me to believe stores are only getting in a case on the rare occassion that they do get something new.

For my question, I'd like to ask about the Avengers figures.  With many characters left to make and excitement building over upcoming Avengers and companion movies, I'm surprised to see fewer and fewer Avengers characters in the last few assortments.  We will obviously have movie line figures forthcoming, but I'm wondering if there are any plans to delve further into some of the classic comic characters from the 80s and 90s.  I'm thinking along the lines of characters like Hercules, Black Knight, Wonder Man, Jocasta, Quasar, Tigra, She-Hulk, Mockingbird, etc.

Thanks!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 08:05 AM »
So I have no clue what happened to the last round of MArvel QnA - I didn't see any come back for any website.  Anyway, just saw this on marvelousnews.com
We want to hear your questions for Hasbro and their Marvel Brand Team. Post them in the comments section below and we will choose 3 of them to be sent in on Friday to the folks at Hasbro to answer.

Answers are slatted to be returned to us where we will post them here on Monday, May 16.

Hopefully we can still participate here, and if so, I still like my question I asked before back on 3/17/11 that is posted just a few posts up.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: May 6, 2011, 12:41 PM »
I did send in the last couple but we haven't gotten any back

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: May 6, 2011, 12:44 PM »
I dont see any sites with an acive Marvel Q&A, that team just seems to be out of it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 03:50 PM »
I saw CTR got a QnA response today:  "These were sent in on March 25, and were originally due back on April 11. "

did we get any answers back here?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: June 3, 2011, 12:05 PM »
We sure did...although the answers probably aren't too great :P

1. Going all the way back to the first Secret Wars pack, what happened to Captain America?  The back of the packaging and press photos showed a correctly decoed Secret Wars era Cap and what ended up in the pack was not exactly as advertised with the belt and likeness (ie missing head wings!).  This seems to have happened more than once in that a classic deco Cap was replaced with more of an Ultimates/Modern hybrid.

1) Have you been banished from this great realm and not heard any of the news?  Be on the lookout for a very classic Captain America figure…like NOW! 

2. Are you guys working with retailers to get more Universe figures onto shelves? My stores either do not carry the line at all or have been sitting on the same Iron Man and Hobgoblin figures for close to two years now, and refuse to restock the shelves. It's very frustrating because the current crop of figures is top notch, and I hate that I'm missing out on them.

2)  We think it's time for you to move… Seriously though, the Marvel Universe line is doing very well and retail distribution is expanding. 

3.  I love Archangel and that you made his Death variant, and the upcoming Apocalypse looks too cool for school. All that said, what are your thoughts on the possibility of releasing or making an exclusive set containing Apocalypse and his Horsemen? If you could make the set, who would you like to see fill the roles of Death, Famine, War, and Pestilence? You could throw Mister Sinister in too if you would like.

3)  Apocolyse definitely gets around…you never know where he may show up!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 3, 2011, 01:18 PM »
 :o

Who wrote those answers?  An intern trying to be funny but failing miserably?  Seems like the SW side at least has some interest in its buying public, to bad the same can't be said for the Marvel side. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: June 3, 2011, 03:37 PM »
Wow, those are ******.  You'd think one of the sheltered nerds from a collecting site was the one who actually answered them, with how snarky some of them were.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 3, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Yeah, those are kind of bizarre.  The SW answers can sometimes be really boring but are usually somewhat informative.  The GI Joe answers quite often seem like they're blowing off the sites, like they really don't want to answer the Q&A but it's been ordered that they participate.  And then, these... 

Is there a My Little Pony or Furreal Friends Q&A?  Can we get in on that to see how those answers are?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #29 on: June 3, 2011, 06:41 PM »
The Marvel team continues to annoy me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"