Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 1  (Read 19951 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Classics Wave 1
« Reply #30 on: September 6, 2007, 12:17 PM »
Only problem is that it seems like these Mattel lines never last long enough to get to wave 4/5.

Yeah, that's definitely a concern I've thought of as well.  Like I said, hopefully Mattel will get distribution issues figured out, and this line will do well.  So far, it looks like it could be a nice line and they have (so far) found a good way to sprinkle in more Supermen and Batmen without it getting all "neon shark battle tiger force ice armor battle damaged extreme Batman" :).  That alone might help a bit.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 6, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Still waiting on a good Flash figure.  Really. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 6, 2007, 07:16 PM »
Still waiting on a good Flash figure.  Really. 

Still waiting on a good DCSH figure in my opinion.  I've found some okay stuff at comic book shops, but the core DCSH line is really bad compared to the Marvel Legends figs.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 6, 2007, 10:12 PM »
Yeah, the worst issue is scale amongst all the DC lines.  I've found a few DCSH I actually like (Azrael, for example) but it's so hard with consistency to put together a decent DC Universe collection. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 10:24 AM »
I noticed that BBTS has the first waves of DCUC up for preorder now, and apparently have been given a list of names of figures that will be on the way next year (5 waves of 5).  Here's how the waves break down for now:

DCUC Wave 1
Penguin
Orion
Etrigan
Red Tornado
Batman (Classic)

DCUC Wave 2
Harley Quinn
Aquaman
Firestorm
Superman Electric Red/Blue
Black Manta

And here's the new info:

DCUC Wave 3
Batman 2
Captain Atom
Robin
Beast Boy
Deathstroke

DCUC Wave 4
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Sinestro
Nightwing
Ares

DCUC Wave 5
Superman 2
Mr. Miracle
Hawkman
Shazam
Charaxes

If this turns out to be true, it doesn't look too bad.  I'm disappointed with no Flash listed though.  The BAFs aren't listed either.  The lineups don't look too bad overall though.  It will be interesting to see which GL it is (you would think Hal), and I'm really looking forward to a new Nightwing (rumors are it will be all new, I think they confirmed that in Q and As).  Aside from no Flash though, I'm pretty happy with the lineups - good mixes it seems.

EDIT:  I've also read that Cornboy (one of the 4HM sculptors) has said that these lineups are wrong "for the most part", so we'll see how much of this is true - or if there is some cover up going on.  It isn't often that a line's entire lineup is revealed at this point, so maybe it was a mistake.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 10:31 AM by Brian »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 10:33 AM »

DCUC Wave 4
Green Lantern
Sinestro

It will be interesting to see which GL it is (you would think Hal)

;D

Yeah, I'm thinking Hal but it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being John again.  Hal and John are splitting time in the JLA book and lately Mattel has been sticking with John to keep some ethnic variety in their DC lines.  It will be interesting to see which Sinestro they go with since there is already a Sinestro Corps version coming from DCD next year...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2007, 03:28 PM »
A couple of different reports now that these lineups aren't "accurate".  Like we've seen with other lines, I have a feeling that some of it is, some of it isn't.  It doesn't look too bad to me, so we'll see.  I really hope that one of the "mistakes" is that a Flash is included in there somewhere.  With plenty of Batmen to go around so far, if we got a Wally Flash and Nightwing, that would cover my favorites along with the rest of the well known Leaguers (GL, WW, Hawkman, hopefully Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, etc.)  Anyways, we'll see how much ends up being true.  I have a feeling this line might be my main "secondary" line next year, alongside Star Wars.  Marvel should be winding down more for me overall, and I have to make a decision about G.I. Joe.  And then there's always Indy, but I'll just cheat and put that under the "Star Wars" umbrella :P.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 04:12 PM »
I stopped by Target today, and surprisingly the Clayface DCSH wave was on the pegs.  It was tough to pass it up, but I've got a set from BBTS that should be shipping this week (its "in the warehouse").  I didn't see Catwoman, but the others (Black/Grey Bats, Nightwing, Clayface, Joker repaint, Bruce Wayne) were all there.  Now if they would only stock Two Face and I could be about caught up with my Bat-figures (and tracking down the Killer Croc I skipped).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 04:16 PM »
I've about given up on this line entirely.  I stopped in at TRU today and they put out yet another case that had only Bizarro, Supes and Supergirl.  Nothing else at all.  It just sucks and I'm not bothering to chase this around, which is too bad because there were a number of figures I was after.   :-\

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 05:14 PM »
I found a catwoman last week along with the rest of the latest purple wave.  She was pretty decent, but I didn't realize that Target had marked these up to $11 until I hit the register.  Almost 2x a SW figure is a little ridiculous.   :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 09:29 AM »
I think the pegs were priced at $9.60-something at our Target for this line.  The Marvel Legends are $9.96 and these were about thirty cents cheaper.  It might just be our store though, I don't know.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 10:34 PM »
I found this wave at the Target in Grand Forks, ND earlier today.  I didn't buy the Catwoman figure as it was scaled too small.  It was well done, but just wouldn't mesh and I think I have a similar version already that's a little larger.  I might regret that.  I did grab the Clayface which seemed about the largest figure of the bunch.  Overall the rest of the figures were nice, but scaled on the low side, seeming more 5" than the larger 6" they're supposed to be.  Was hoping to stumble into the Cassandra Cain Batgirl/Two-face wave as I don't have any figures of either of those two characters, but no luck there.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007, 11:23 AM »
SuperHeroTimes has a look at the packaging for the DCUC line coming in 2008, if anyone is interested.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2007, 04:07 PM »
I stopped by Target today and surprisingly found a Two Face hanging on the pegs.  Its nice to finally have that one out of the way, and I'm caught up for the rest of the year with DC stuff I think.  As cool as the DCU Classics line sounds, I'm wondering how much I'll be able to pick up.  With word from Hasbro that the "Star Wars Classic" line will have 53 figures (not including Clone Wars), plus Indy, plus Marvel - there might not be much left to spend on DC.  I'm thinking I'll just stick to Batman-related stuff and a few Leaguers.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2007, 04:32 PM »
I cant find any of these figures anywhere. It seems like none of the stores carry them. I saw a few earlier waves once and a while but no sign of Clayface anywhere.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"