Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 6  (Read 5503 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 12:00 PM »
I don't know if anyone's been following the whole case assortment debate / happening concerning waves 6 and 7 over at thefwoosh.com.  If so, then you'll know that these are being broken up and you won't be able to grab the entire wave at first sight and will have to wait until further case revisions come out to complete the wave and thusly, the CnC figure (each case is now 10 figures instead of 6).  However, Mattel is offering online stores entire cases of single figures to do with what they want.

With that said, CornerStoreComics has their pre-orders up - All seven figures of wave 6 (both Supermen, Mr. Miracle, the Dr. Impossible variant, Hawkman, Shazam and Killer Moth) and all eight figures of wave 7 (Flash, Kid Flash, Capt. Cold, Barda, Blue Beetle, camo Aquaman and both versions of Booster Gold) for just over $10 per figure before shipping.

I just placed my pre-orders for both.  I want all of wave 6, including the Dr. Impossible variant, so ordering an extra Superman (who'll I'll be probably keep anyways considering I don't have a classic Supes yet) was a no brainer.  Wave 7 was a bit tougher, but not too much.  I want everyone but the camo Aquaman but want Atom Smasher.  So I just have to get rid of just the blue Aquaman and one Booster (depending on which one I like better) and I'll be good to go.  Worst comes to worst, I'll just give any extra figures to my son - he's well on his way to becoming the comic book geek his father is.  Watches Spider-man, Batman, etc. and is going to be the Incredible Hulk for Halloween.  Makes me proud.  ;D

(And if anyone is worrying about CSC, don't.  I've ordered from them on multiple occasions and have not had one bad experience.  Their customer service is outstanding and their prices are excellent)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 12:17 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on CSC Mikey.  I've never ordered from them before personally, but I've seen a lot of positive news on them online from others.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this line going forward.  As I've said a number of times before, I'm really at a point where I have to start cutting back - particularly going into next year.  I've collected the entire DCUC line so far (Waves 1-3, Lobo), and at one point considered trying to keep up with doing that.  Now, I'm not sure if I can afford to do that.  I might be going back to my original plan of sticking to the Bat-universe and then the main JLA-ers (and a version of the Nightwing-led Titans).  We're making pretty good headway there with WW, Flash, Hawkman, Captain Marvel, etc. on the way.  Once we get a Green Arrow, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter and a few others I could be pretty happy.  Not saying I'd want the line to end though, because there is a lot of great figures in there of second and third tier characters as well.  I'd also like to get at least one "main baddie" for each of the heroes, if they have one that works.

All that said, the line continues to impress.  Really good quality all around and it seems like there is rarely a "stinker" in a wave, despite a few complaints here and there with scale issues, etc.  I'd like to continue to collect this line in full, but its just an issue of budget and display space at this point for me.  Way too much good stuff out there these days (SW, Indy, Joes, Marvel, DCU, MOTUC, etc.), and personally I'm going to likely have to cut the budget back considerably in 2009.  Maybe I'll start selling some other stuff to fund this line, because it really is great.  We'll see.  I try to think now though "do I really need this character?", as I have to admit my exposure to some of the DCU characters are mainly from the JLU cartoon.  I know more now than I did as a kid (where it was basically Batman and the Super Friends) because I read more comics these days, but when I'm making cutbacks its something I think about.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 01:05 PM »
I am going to see if BBTS alters their preorders before going with CSC. If not i will probably go witht hem and just get the sets.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 03:49 PM »
Not enough of wave 6 and 7 I want to get the full sets, so I'll have to wait and see on singles. 

In other interesting news on the way back from Minneapolis I stumbled across a nice, fresh case of DCUC.  It was awesome seeing Series 1 being put out yet again ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 11:35 PM »
Not enough of wave 6 and 7 I want to get the full sets, so I'll have to wait and see on singles. 

Singles up for sale at CornerStoreComics (limited time only)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Oddly enough 3 and 4 are the only ones I have a good interest in. :(

And I can't find them !