Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 3  (Read 10969 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 01:54 PM »

Seriously?  I like almost any Legends wave over DC W3.   :-X

Seriously.  The Hasbro Legends stuff has been lackluster and there hasn't been one wave where I liked every figure.  Other than the Galactus wave and maybe the Sentinal wave, the same is true for Toybiz's stuff.  Plus you're a Marvel fan, so you would naturally like the Marvel stuff better.  I'm a fan of both universes, so I have no set allegience. 

Are you channeling Jeff and his Lantern fetish? 

Not really, but I'm in the process of reading the current GL book in TPB form so Hal is fresh on my mind.

I love the Grundy and the Sinestro/Lantern are very well done but there have been decent figures of both before.  The Nightwing is meh and the Robin is, well, Robin.  Deathstroke is a nice figure and I don't recall a good version of that previously. 

That's the thing, though.  I don't have any of these figures in my collection, so they're new to me.  I think the character selection is excellent.  Batman and his family are probably my favorite characters in the DC universe, so naturally I'd like Nightwing and Robin.  Like I said previously, GL is fresh on my mind, so that explains that.  Add in two cool villians and one badass zombie-like BAF and it's the best wave ever.

Chemical testing in the greater Boston area today? :-X

Not unless I missed a memo...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 02:08 PM »
The Hasbro Legends stuff has been lackluster and there hasn't been one wave where I liked every figure. 

Oh yeah, it has been for a long time.  It didn't really matter until they started the BAF stuff though (obviously) because you could just pick and choose which I did from the very start. 

And if I hadn't already kicked in on the DC Universe some time ago, I'd be happy too.  Though I've never really liked Nightwing, which has paid off in the sense that this would be the first figure I've ever bought of him, making the BAF marginally less painful.  Robin I don't like because of the colors.  My main frustration is that I have a lot of these characters already and now I have to see whether I want to render my older stuff useless and put out more money for new stuff.  A loose Mattel Robin figure is worth what?  $0.25? 

As for the memo, I'll pass that along.  I forgot you don't work for the gubmint. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 11:19 PM »
Are you channeling Jeff and his Lantern fetish? 

Hey, I resemble that remark...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #33 on: June 6, 2008, 02:47 PM »
I could be on board with that Brent :).  Whatever it is, I just hope it doesn't delay the release of this wave:

TNI has carded and loose pics of DCUC Series 3.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #34 on: June 6, 2008, 02:53 PM »
That's a great looking wave of figures!

As for pulling stuff off the shelves, I wouldn't mind seeing all the Speed Racer stuff go.  I have seen it sell some at Target but there's a ton of stuff in multiple scales out there that could potentially bind up a store for a long time.

If TRU is getting out in front of some type of huge recall I can't help but think that would really crush confidence in Mattel by parents and consumers.  Also makes me wonder if it wouldn't be worth picking up some Batman movie items now, just in case.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #35 on: June 6, 2008, 03:07 PM »
TNI has carded and loose pics of DCUC Series 3.

Man, I can't wait for that GL and those Sinestros... I was originally going to only get the SC version of Sinestro, but that Classic get-up version is growing on me since my old DCD version is pretty outdated articulation wise.   :)

Man, I hope I can find them...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 03:22 PM »
Just as an update of what is on the way for DCUC, after the reveals at Comic-Con.  I'm not sure if I'm remembering all of the TRU Exclusive Two Packs though....

Wave 3 (Solomon Grundy BAF)
Nightwing
Robin (Tim Drake)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Sinestro (w/Sinestro Crops variant)
Deathstroke (w/Maskless variant)

Wave 4 (Despero BAF)
Wonder Woman (Artemis variant)
Batman Beyond (KB Exclusive Maskless variant)
Cyborg (KB Exclusive Sonic Attachment variant)
Captain Atom (Gold variant)
Ares

Wave 5 (Metallo BAF) - Wal-Mart Exclusive
The Riddler
Black Lightning
The Atom
Amazo
Eradicator

Wave 6 (Kalibak BAF)
Hawkman
Mr. Miracle (Dr. Impossible variant)
Shazam
Recovery Suit Superman (Red/Blue variant)
Killer Moth

Wave 7 (Atom Smasher BAF) - 2009
The Flash (Barry Allen)
Kid Flash (Wally West)
Captain Cold
Booster Gold
Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Aquaman (Blue Costume)
Big Barda

2 Packs
Orion (removable helmet) and Lightray (TRU)
Batgirl and Azrael (TRU)
Cyborg Superman and Mongul (TRU)
Green Lantern (Hal - repaint) and Abin Sur (TRU)
Starfire and Adam Strange (MattyCollector.com)

SDCC/Matty Collector.com Exclusive
Lobo with Dog

Not sure on variants for Wave 7 (or the WM wave), and I may have missed a two pack or something, so please let me know if there is anything I missed.  I just thought it might be nice to have a master list posted again.  I haven't seen anything outside of Wave 1 around here for a long time now (Wave 2 came and went quickly), but Wave 3 is supposed to be on the way in the next couple weeks I guess.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2008, 11:54 AM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #37 on: August 5, 2008, 12:39 PM »
Part 2 of The Fwoosh's interview with Mattel's ToyGuru is now online, where they discuss the DCUC line.  Just thought I'd pass it along for anyone interested.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #38 on: August 7, 2008, 11:30 AM »
I read on the AFI forums that someone has found Wave 3 (GL/Nightwing/Robin/etc.) at a Target in CA, so they should be hitting elsewhere before too long (hopefully).  Also, The Fwoosh has Part 3 of their interview with the Four Horsemen up, where they discuss DCUC (as well as MOTUC).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 09:40 AM »
Part 3 of the Fwoosh's interview with ToyGuru is now up, mainly discussing DCIH (and some more DCUC).  It sounds like in 2009, the Infinite Heroes line will up the articulation (including ball jointed elbows, knees, and possibly hips - with wrist and ankle articulation following as well).  They also have plans for a big lineup, with possibilities of vehicles and playsets as well.  It sounds like the sculpting will also change/improve.  Anyways, more at the link.  I really love the DCUC line, but I have to admit that while rearranging the collection lately (and trying to find room for things), the smaller scale becomes more appealing all the time.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2008, 10:29 AM »
I am very excited about them being able to make Swamp Thing now. I hope to see him sculpted sooner than later.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2008, 03:39 PM »
I found one DCUC Series 3 figure at Target today (alongside an older Orion and Etrigan), the Green Lantern.  I gladly picked it up, and its a great figure.  It really reminds me of playing with the Super Powers stuff when I was a kid - just a perfect Hal Jordan figure overall.  Can't wait to find Nightwing and Robin though as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 03:53 PM »
If anyone is interested, I just got an e-mail that BBTS has gotten in some cases of the DCUC Series 3 assortment (this is the case with an extra GL).  I don't know if anyone cares or not, but it sounds like its limited, so if you'd like to get an order there seems to be some in stock right now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2008, 10:02 PM »
I got the e-mail as well. I am going to wait for the other assortment.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2008, 08:28 AM »
Anybody need the leg that comes with Green Lantern?  He's the only figure I want and don't need some giant leg taking up a square inch of space in my basement.   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today