Author Topic: DC Universe Infinite Heroes  (Read 11477 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Infinite Heroes
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:50 AM »
It looks like Mattel has a pretty expansive 3 3/4" line coming up as well, known as Infinite Heroes.  They don't look quite as detailed as the larger figures, but seem to be decently articulated and include figures like Commissioner Gordon right off the bat.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2010, 02:48 PM by Scott »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Infinite Heroes
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:46 PM »
It looks like Mattel has a pretty expansive 3 3/4" line coming up as well, known as Infinite Heroes.  They don't look quite as detailed as the larger figures, but seem to be decently articulated and include figures like Commissioner Gordon right off the bat.

I had heard of this, but didn't get any details - thanks for the post!  Not bad, though I won't be buying many with Marvel doing the same thing. 

Speaking of DC news - we had the Bat-Cycle from the new Batman movie on display at work today.  It was roped off, but they let kids hop on and take pictures.  Apparently it is THE real cycle from the new Dark Knight movie.  Pretty impressive, thhough I don't know how you would turn with those fat tires.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Infinite Heroes
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Just reading on TNI about the 4" DC line, and it says that the figures shown at Toy Fair are early prototypes, most figures will have 6-10 points of articulation, and will have prices of $5 for singles to $15 for 3 packs.  The line is planned to include heroes, villains, civilians, army builders, and pretty much anything else in the DCU.  Could be interesting.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #3 on: June 6, 2008, 09:32 AM »
TNI has pics up of some of the upcoming "Infinite Heroes" line (3 3/4" scale).  Not sure if this is the first wave of singles/three packs or not, but I think its some of the first figure.  They look like pretty "simple" figures, but it should allow for a pretty broad lineup (and maybe cheaper prices).  I think I'll stick with DCUC though.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #4 on: June 6, 2008, 10:31 AM »
They do look kind of basic don't they?  They almost look like bootlegs or the cheap Lanard figures that you can get at Wal-Mart.

They aren't bad, however.  After all, even though I don't collect them, I'm a huge fan of the JLU figures and the style they use.  I think I was just hoping for a little more "realism" in their sculpting so that they'd fit in with the Indy or GI Joe or even Star Wars figures a little better. 

It would be cool to have Guy Gardner sitting in the back of the Cantina or Commissioner Gordon facing down the Joes that were after Batman.  Plus, custom fodder.  And if Marvel ever does a 3.75" line of superheroes, it would rock to have Superman face off against Wolverine.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #5 on: June 6, 2008, 10:52 AM »
Right scale, too late.  I'd have loved to have done these and Marvel legends in the 3.75 scale, but I've got too much in the larger line so I'll pass on these.  Interesting to see that the Flash figure is pretty well done, something I won't say about any of the larger DC figures to this point.  Given we won't see a Flash in DCUC until at least wave 6, that's a major disappointment.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #6 on: June 7, 2008, 05:28 PM »
I keep looking at that gordon figure and seeing a great decker custom
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2008, 11:24 PM »
Thought I might get suckered into a bit of this line, but I don't want any of those characters.  ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2008, 12:43 PM »
I don't know about a 100% buy in on this 3 3/4 line due to the large amount of obscure characters,  I am deffenatly picking up all the major players, Green Arrow, Green Lantern (Hal and Guy)  Hawkman, Superman, Bizarro, Batgirl, SuperGirl, Atom, Shazam, Black Canary, Batman, Powergirl,   
And hopefully the future will be bright and bring me Firestorm, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Fire, Ice, Hawk, Dove, Wonderwoman, Nightwing, Hawkgirl, Capt. Adam, Many many more GLs  and so on and so on.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 01:23 AM »
DC Infinite Heroes Target Exclusive Green Lantern 6-Pack?   :o

"Glowy" Hal Jordan
John Stewart
Guy Gardner
Weaponeer of Quard
Manhunter Robot
battle damaged Manhunter Robot

I can't wait to see that...  :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 01:30 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 07:41 AM »
DC Infinite Heroes Target Exclusive Green Lantern 6-Pack?   :o

"Glowy" Hal Jordan
John Stewart
Guy Gardner
Weaponeer of Quard
Manhunter Robot
battle damaged Manhunter Robot

I can't wait to see that...  :)

Right here
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 07:48 AM »
Looking good. Need more room !

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 09:32 AM »
Right here

Thanks!  Looks like the sign says it's TRU excluisve, but I read it was for Target at AFI.  Oh well, whatever.  Makes me glad I passed on Guy the other day, I'll just wait for the this box set then.  :)

The quality issues I saw the other day has me heistent to jump into this line but the more I look at the character selection, the more I want to buy this line.   ::)

Another big problem I have with Mattel is the way these figures are packed (with duplicates in the multi-packs right off the bat) makes it hard to know which to buy as singles and which to wait and grab in a multi-pack.  I really don't want to end up with 15 Batmen, but I know it's going to happen.  :-\

Maybe I'll have to wait for someone at Fwoosh/AFI/etc to put together a checklist so I can see how I want to go about this and try to minimize spending...  or maybe I'll use the Canadian "buy it cheap next year when some guy is dumping his collection" method.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Our local Target had the three packs in stock yesterday, so I grabbed the Flash/Mirror Master/Weather Wizard pack since it looked pretty nice (good paint, etc.).  They also had the Gordon/Gotham SWAT pack.  I have to admit that I'm slightly tempted by this line as well, although it is nowhere near the quality of DCUC (which I also collect).  I guess the fact that they are smaller scale (easier to store, afford, display) and fairly inexpensive (especially in the 3 for $10 packs) make them appealing.  I might just pick up a few, but again, we'll see.  If it has to be one line or the other, I'll lean towards the DCUC line most definitely.  I also might "wait and see" and grab the multi-packs since they turn out to be a pretty good deal overall.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 12:53 PM »
... so I grabbed the Flash/Mirror Master/Weather

Can you stretch that out into six inch scale by heating them?  I want a Flash figure in the six inch scale people.   :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.