Author Topic: Adventure Team - 3.75"  (Read 13731 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Adventure Team - 3.75"
« on: March 5, 2010, 08:04 PM »
Have you guys seen the card art for the new 3.75" Adventure Team figures over on the Club's site

Very excited over this.  The art looks great, I'm just excited to see the figures.  They're going to each be sold with a vehicle, which I don't care for, but I think I'll be getting these anyway.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Team - 3.75"
« Reply #1 on: March 6, 2010, 02:06 AM »
The yellow AT Gyrocopter/FANG is awesome.  They showed it for the first time at the 2009 Joecon Club panel.  They've had the copters made and in storage since last summer. 

I can't wait for Dr Venom and the rest of the sets.  They'll have them at Joecon in April.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 6, 2010, 10:43 AM »
I'm sort of interested in these, but I am not a member.  Will I still be able to order them if I remain a non-member?  Is the club thing worth signing up for to get these guys? 
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 6, 2010, 02:52 PM »
You have a couple of choices.  You could sign up as a Trooper level member which is free and gives you access to the forums and a price on exlcusives that's usually about $10 or so higher than a paid Officer level member pays.  Or you can join the club for $42 a year which, if you join before March 16th, you'll get a free action figure and a subscription to the monthly newsletter, plus you'll save at least $10 on each exclusive.  If you're planning on getting the full AT line, you're going to save more than $40 by becoming an Officer level member.

This year's free figures are a 3.75" Big Lob and the 12" is the Urban Adventurer.  There's also an accessory set you can buy for the Urban Adventurer that includes a full outfit and accessories.  The monthly newsletter just changed this year and has more pages than in the past and is on glossy paper, more like a comic book now.

I've been really happy paying the membership fee since 2002 and just re-upped last week for another year.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 6, 2010, 09:21 PM »
I'm most interested in the little rover type vehicle for the 3-3/4" scale... it's yellow/orange and has either 4 or 6 wheels, not sure.  Any info on that offering? 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 7, 2010, 04:56 AM »
I think it's the Land Adventurer that comes with a yellow repaint of the Battle Blitz.

The Air Adventurer has a yellow FANG chopper and the Adventure Team Commander comes in a 2-pack with Dr. Venom and a man-eating plant accessory.  The plant is the same one the Club put in their 2007 Terror on the Sea Floor 12" convention set.

If those three sets sell then they'll do the Sea Adventurer but I'm not sure what vehicle he'll have.  A proto was shown with a sub but I read that there was a problem with the figure fitting, so I don't know the outcome of that.  And I'd have to dig to know what ship they were repainting for that. 

E...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 7, 2010, 09:18 AM »
There are several vehicles that they likely still have the molds for at the Big H...

The Water Moccasin is very AT looking to me as well as the Firebat.

I will be all over this line if I they continue it. 

I would love if the club did the same treatment to the Action Soldier/Sailor/Marine/Pilot too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 7, 2010, 05:14 PM »
Thanks efranks... I looked around and found some comparison pics.  Looks like the same mold like you said.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 7, 2010, 06:34 PM »
I would love if the club did the same treatment to the Action Soldier/Sailor/Marine/Pilot too.

There are 30th Anniversary versions of them with o-rings.  Updating them to 25th sculpts wouldn't be that bad, but you can almost recreate them with existing ARAH figures except for the paint on the Action Marine. 

E...

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 7, 2010, 07:01 PM »
O ring versions would rock.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 7, 2010, 07:50 PM »
I've had the O-ring versions of the Action Soldier and Sailors... I just need them in 25th style!!

These AT guys will go a long way towards that.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 9, 2010, 12:04 AM »
The Battle Blitz looks cool.  I'm sure the AT version is going to be awesome.  I don't even remember this coming out in 2003.
Link in previous post incorrect.

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/03/battleblitz2/

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/03/battleblitz/
« Last Edit: March 9, 2010, 12:04 AM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: March 9, 2010, 01:28 AM »
Updated versions of the Action Soldier/Sailer/etc. would rock.  I'd really like seeing fuzz-head style AT figures too.  Am I alone in that?  Real fuzzy heads?  Meh, maybe I'm dreaming.

I'd probably try getting my hands on a set of those though since original Joes just rock.

I had no idea they were doing all this stuff.  Very cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 9, 2010, 09:03 AM »
I had some old 12 inch figures "re-flocked" by Hair Club for Joe (I think that is the name)...

I wonder if the ******* is too "large" to work properly on the 3 3/4 figs.  May require a trip to the Hobby shop.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 9, 2010, 12:53 PM »
They introduced these at Joecon by showing photoshopped figures.  During the 2009 Joecon Club Roundtable I think they said they considered ******* them but it wouldn't work/would be expensive.  Vaguely remember them saying this somewhere but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2010, 12:54 PM by spiderpumpkin »