Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196741 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1665 on: December 4, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Why bother?  It's a mortar carrier (well, it was) so he could just drop a couple of those on ya.  You're hosed...  You pissed of a guy that buys old military armor surplus.  Bad move.  :'(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1666 on: December 4, 2008, 07:29 PM »
Found the 2 "new" 3 packs at TRU - Destro + 2 IG's and the Joe marine pack thing.  I totally forgot about these, but wasn't there supposed to be a second wave of the SRO sets or are these one in the same?  Skyduster?  That name comes to mind from the Hiss boards.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1667 on: December 4, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Again, I don't keep up with what's out and what's not been seen or whatever, but here's some photos I got.

What the hell is he packed with, that's purple and tentacle-ish?  I don't recall my BAT's having an octopus thing with them.   ???

Destro is lame but Shockwave rocks balls. 

And Torch who I've seen somewhere before...

I also have a picture of a "Duke Resolute" or something.  What's Resolute mean though, if someone could enlighten me?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1668 on: December 4, 2008, 08:25 PM »
I got a hard copy of the Torch in the Mail today with Resolute Duke, Cobra Commander and Cobra Trooper.  It is the new "Web" based episodes that are geared towards a more 'adult' audience, no parachutes, no laser guns...there is talk of finding a network for it too (most likely Cartoon)...

JJ you have Scooped EVERY SINGLE Joe site with that Bat Photo... that Rocks...

And worry more about the the "hood ornament" on that track than the what's in the back...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1669 on: December 4, 2008, 08:34 PM »
Let my greatness be known throughout the GIJ community. :)

So what is with the BAT anyway?  And why's his backpack throwing thermal detonators around?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1670 on: December 4, 2008, 08:38 PM »
Those are "Spores"...I think it was a Comic issue where the Bats go after Lady Jaye and some other Joes....and then some spores get released too...I know it sounds like a Cartoon episode, but it was comic.

The Octopus is actually the Vines that make the spores...

I like the battle damaged head...that was shown sometime this year (toy fair?) and then it never popped back up again.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1671 on: December 4, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Those vines appear to be a recolored repack of the vines from the wave 1 Battle Pack that's out now.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1672 on: December 4, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Are the spores & tentacles from the Joe movie with Cobra La La La La La La?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Goldbug

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Goldbug's Website
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1673 on: December 4, 2008, 09:50 PM »
I got a hard copy of the Torch in the Mail today with Resolute Duke, Cobra Commander and Cobra Trooper.  It is the new "Web" based episodes that are geared towards a more 'adult' audience, no parachutes, no laser guns...there is talk of finding a network for it too (most likely Cartoon)...

JJ you have Scooped EVERY SINGLE Joe site with that Bat Photo... that Rocks...

And worry more about the the "hood ornament" on that track than the what's in the back...

Thanks for the pics. Hasbro recently said in the G.I. Joe Q&A's that they had no info on this Battle Damaged BAT to give out. ;)
The new cartoon has a lot of former Justice League staff.
http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=194&itemid=13674
http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=194&itemid=13736
http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=194&itemid=13756
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259299/

It was said before but I'll say it again. The spores & tentacles are from the comics.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1674 on: December 4, 2008, 10:50 PM »
No problem...  I like GIJ but don't collect it so I'm not keeping up with what's what in the line...  I never read the comics a lot so I'd not heard/seen this story.  I was more into the toon as a kid and comics weren't easily found besides the one rack at the pharmacy...  It's a neat idea to get a battledamaged BAT out there though.  I loved my BAT figures and had about 6 after flea markets and garage sales.  They were great cannon fodder.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1675 on: December 5, 2008, 07:46 AM »
Good going on the watermark, JJ.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1676 on: December 5, 2008, 09:08 AM »
Nice.  I like how they say "HISS Tank.com has just received..."

No, JediDefender "just received" and "we just copied."   :P

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1677 on: December 5, 2008, 11:08 AM »
I think I maybe need to redo the Jedi Defender watermark for any GIJ stuff because we barely got credit (I see it really tiny there at the bottom).  I'm disappointed we simply weren't linked to, and our image was just taken and hosted at their site.  It's honestly not a huge deal, but I find these images out of the kindness of my heart considering I don't collect GIJ stuff, ya know?

Meh, such is online toy sites I've learned though.  Same bull**** happens all over.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2008, 11:10 AM by Jesse James »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1678 on: December 5, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Stuff like that is a good example of how this isn't just a hobby for everyone.  I can't stand that sort of stupid competition between sites in not wanting to give credit to others.  Very lame... it happens far too often.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1679 on: December 5, 2008, 12:20 PM »
I saw some newer Joes at Target yesterday (I forget what wave we're on) - they had the Pilot Scarlett, Croc Master, and Matt Trakker on the pegs.  I was so tempted to grab Trakker, but I've got one on the way from HTS, so I'll be patient.  Pretty nice figure the way it looks though.  Also, our store has had two of those Joe UBPs on the endcap for weeks now - I don't know if they are selling and restocking, or if they're just sitting right now.  Even though I'm attempting to wrap up this line, and have avoided vehicles so far, it would be tough to pass on if those hit some nifty clearance prices.