Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196070 times)

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1785 on: December 30, 2008, 08:52 PM »
I've had those for about a week now, and both SS and Destro will grow on you (most likley).  I wrote a reveiw for both and took some comparison and individual pics if you care to look:

http://www.toyark.com/shockblast-pilot-destro-tunnel-rat-storm-shadow-pics-2194/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1786 on: December 30, 2008, 09:29 PM »
Tunnel Rat is cool except, well (and his old figure suffered from this too), anyone whose specialty is going to clear out tunnels should have a pump shotgun if they're going to be toting some big ass weapon at all.  Otherwise a flashlight and a .45 work well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1787 on: December 30, 2008, 10:26 PM »
My Doc finally arrived today.  I had nearly forgotten about him.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1788 on: December 31, 2008, 09:03 AM »
That Tunnel Rat head is HORRIBLE....

And not to pick nits...but Tunnel Rat's neck would be sausage if he wore ammo with the tips "in" like that.

Hey Aly, does the store have any Imperial Hats in it? Jesse James here on the site needs some to "Review"....Also, anybody missing Dusty Harnesses still let Aly know, we have them in Stock and the members at JD.com get the "Paul" discount...  I know Ryan needs one...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1789 on: December 31, 2008, 01:15 PM »
Yeah TR's neck is "odd".  I was thinking it was the bandana he had tied aroudn his neck though, not the sculpt?  I hope that's the case as TR was a cool character and it's lame if they made him a no-neck.

I love the concept of Tunnel Rat (and some other guys from around his era like Hit & Run, who was awesome), I just wish they'd made him a little sharper looking, and ditched the bfg there.  I'd be all over a pump shotgun for TR.  BBI made a perfect one...  Even a sawed off though, would be nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_shadow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1790 on: December 31, 2008, 06:13 PM »
That Tunnel Rat head is HORRIBLE....

And not to pick nits...but Tunnel Rat's neck would be sausage if he wore ammo with the tips "in" like that.

Hey Aly, does the store have any Imperial Hats in it? Jesse James here on the site needs some to "Review"....Also, anybody missing Dusty Harnesses still let Aly know, we have them in Stock and the members at JD.com get the "Paul" discount...  I know Ryan needs one...

I need one.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1791 on: December 31, 2008, 06:17 PM »
Yeah TR's neck is "odd".  I was thinking it was the bandana he had tied aroudn his neck though, not the sculpt?  I hope that's the case as TR was a cool character and it's lame if they made him a no-neck.

I love the concept of Tunnel Rat (and some other guys from around his era like Hit & Run, who was awesome), I just wish they'd made him a little sharper looking, and ditched the bfg there.  I'd be all over a pump shotgun for TR.  BBI made a perfect one...  Even a sawed off though, would be nice.

If Larry Hama is the inspiration for Tunnel Rat...you would think the sculptors would have spent some extra time so that the figure at least looked human...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1792 on: January 2, 2009, 09:22 AM »
I hate to ask again - but anyone have the Doc phone # ?  I found time today and tried the 800-327-8264 I had written down, but it's just dead air.

Hasbro comsumer department

1-800-327-8264

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1793 on: January 2, 2009, 12:41 PM »
Thanks Paul.  It's either dead or or busy everytime I call.  This is the lamest promotion... ::)

I don't have time to dig through the Hiss forums, but how are they confirming the Night Raven?  Always thought they could populate the movie with many of the 80's toys anyways.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1794 on: January 3, 2009, 11:34 AM »
Picked up the Rock-N-Roll/Deep 6 comic pack at Walmart yesteday.  Yay. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1795 on: January 3, 2009, 08:06 PM »
Got around to reading the Hiss forums and there still doesn't seem to be any "proof" on the Night Raven, but I'm liking the rumor thus far.  Found a Ghost Hawk at WM today!!!   ;D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1796 on: January 3, 2009, 10:30 PM »
If this Ferret is an indication of how classic toys will be "updated" for the movie line, I don't have very high hopes for how the Night Raven will look.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1797 on: January 4, 2009, 03:03 AM »
I really doubt that is going to be a movie version of the Ferret, as I think given the character designs that we have seen so far, that even IF Scrap Iron is in the movie, he's not going to look exactly the same as the 25th Anniversary version (but with differnet color on his outfit).  That's enough proof for me at this time that this is nothing more than non-movie stuff.

Remember how Transformers had a ton of characters that weren't in the film that still had toys made during its movie run?  This could be a similar approach by Hasbro to get some additional product out there while they think the time is ripe.  Small enough to be an exclusive too... could even be just in the $15.99 assortment too... and with that funky color scheme, I wouldn't doubt this to actually be a mock-up.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1798 on: January 5, 2009, 10:19 AM »
I stopped in Target last night and was surprised to actually find the new DVD packs on the shelf.  I picked up both "Arise, Serpentor, Arise" and "Pyramid of Darkness." 

Dusty was missing his harness but I'm going to wait on opening that pack to see if Target gets more cases and one includes it. 

I'll probably open the Pyramid set tonight.  I'm pretty psyched because I really wasn't thinking that I'd see these sets at retail and I noticed the other day that HTS.com doesn't have them listed anymore.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1799 on: January 6, 2009, 05:01 PM »
Finally got through to Hasbro today after weeks and weeks of dead air and busy signals.  Hopefully everything will flow smoothly now.  I have many Joes who were injured in the line of duty who need some medical care.   :)