Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196064 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1800 on: January 6, 2009, 09:47 PM »
Doc is indeed the best, as you would know if any of you bothered to read my award-nominated photonovel blog "Freedom Isn't Free."

"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1801 on: January 8, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Saw a couple of the new comic 2-packs today.  Wild Bill vs Scrap Iron was okay, but I was really impressed to see the Hard Master w/ Ninja Snake Eyes.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1802 on: January 9, 2009, 06:16 PM »
Just looking over some collection picks at Hiss....What's the dude's name all the way on the right with the black mask?  I remember having him as a kid and he had a pretty sleek little ride, but I'm drawing a blank.  Was he affiliated with the Dreadnocks or Iron Grenaiders?

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1803 on: January 9, 2009, 07:14 PM »
Darklon?  I think he was Iron Grenadier...but can't say for certain.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1804 on: January 9, 2009, 07:53 PM »
That is indeed Darklon.  Check out this Yo Joe entry for pics.  And he is part of the Iron Grenadiers.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2009, 07:54 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1805 on: January 9, 2009, 08:29 PM »
Oh, man...I'd forgotten about Alley Vipers.  Alley Vipers and their sweet urban orange and blue camo that enables them to blend in seamlessly with Denver Bronco fans.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1806 on: January 10, 2009, 12:24 AM »
That is indeed Darklon.  Check out this Yo Joe entry for pics.  And he is part of the Iron Grenadiers.

Sweet!  I knew I was on the right track.  Hopefully Hasbro won't forget about him when they reboot the classic line.

Oh, man...I'd forgotten about Alley Vipers.  Alley Vipers and their sweet urban orange and blue camo that enables them to blend in seamlessly with Denver Bronco fans.

Alley Viper was the last "G.I. Joe" figure I had in the late 80's before I moved on to better things - with boobies.  Looking forward to the updated 25th style version.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1807 on: January 10, 2009, 01:38 AM »
Viper 5-pack

This would have been an easy purchase if Hasbro had used the corrected arms from the Viper in the upcoming Cobra 5-pack, but it didn't happen. While the removable helmet Viper is tempting, I just hate this figure as it is, and can't reward Hasbro's thinking on this pack.

Though they'll sell plenty, and won't care what I think.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 01:38 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1808 on: January 10, 2009, 05:17 PM »
Viper 5-pack

It's still a fantastic deal despite the ****** arms.  I have no clue why Hasbro can't pull this trick with stormtroopers or clones.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1809 on: January 11, 2009, 12:49 AM »
Hasbro does do it to a degree with Star Wars army builders, just not as much as I'd like to see.

As for the Viper 5-pack, easy pass for me.  I like my Cobra troopers the classic blue.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1810 on: January 12, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Sting Raider (no Ghost Hawk) & the final DVD set is up at HTS.  Any new codes?  $48.19 just seems a tad too high.

**smile8 - 10% off pre tax/shipping total.  Not the greatest, but these are the only two things I'm looking for right now outside of w12 so it'll save me some gas $.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 03:19 PM by iFett »

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1811 on: January 13, 2009, 11:43 PM »
Anyone know when that Arctic HISS is supposed to start shipping?  The snow in my yard is starting to melt....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1812 on: January 14, 2009, 12:18 AM »
An arctic Hiss?  That's cool...  is it special in any way other than color?  I always wanted a white HISS as a kid because Cobra really didn't have good snow vehicles, or many of them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1813 on: January 14, 2009, 12:30 AM »
Anyone know when that Arctic HISS is supposed to start shipping?  The snow in my yard is starting to melt....

PLENTY of snow here in MN, but I beleive that entire wave got cancelled from what I've heard....unlazy.....

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 12:39 AM by iFett »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1814 on: January 14, 2009, 01:22 AM »
Nice, a tarp and a missle rack from the stinger...  And a cool looking driver.  Sucks those aren't coming out now.  That's a nice piece of armor.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77