Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196745 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: 25th Anniversary Line
« Reply #1860 on: June 25, 2010, 10:36 PM »
It's new stock. I've been hitting that store religiously for months, and this is the first time I've seen single figures and the wave 2 Combat Heroes. I've seen lots of comic packs too.

I've heard that wave 13 is hitting some Family Dollar stores, but I have yet to see any of that. I have picked up plenty of BATs and Snow Serpents, plus some figs for my carded collection, so I can't complain about what I have found.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 26, 2010, 05:05 PM »
Also, keep hitting TJ Maxx/Marshalls. I scored a clear Wraith, Croc Master, and some wave 2 classic Combat Heroes there today.  :)

I haven't stopped in months, but your post prompted me to - I think you hooked me up with a clear Wraith back in the day?  Scored x2 BATS at TJ Maxx.  No clue as to how many I have now, but $4 is nice.  LOVE that figure
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 27, 2010, 02:26 AM »
Yeah, I think you hooked me up with an Eel, which was fantastic. I think I'll keep this new one, though. :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 3, 2010, 01:41 AM »
Paul hooked me up with Recondo and Outback from the Assault on Cobra Island set.  They showed up tonight.  Huge thanks, Paul!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 9, 2010, 06:17 PM »
Found another clear Wraith at TJ Maxx today. I guess they no longer qualify as 'rare' if they ever did. Still no luck at FD with the Resolute wave, which isn't all that surprising since I never saw it at regular retail either. I did, however, talk to who I assumed was a manager there, and she told me she expects a "big" shipment of Joes for the Christmas season, which I guess will be leftover ROC product since there's got to be a lot of that somewhere.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: September 1, 2010, 10:59 PM »
GIJCC 25th Dial-Tone Membership Figure Announced

The G.I. Joe Collectors' Club announced the 2011 Membership figures in their September issue. There are no pictures yet, but the GIJCC has provided the following details about the figures

The 3 3/4" figure is a 25th anniversary style Dial-Tone in his tan and green deco including an all new head sculpt!

Can't wait. If this is the only way to get new 25th-style figures, then I'm glad the option is there.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: September 3, 2010, 05:34 PM »
Cool as hell.  Not worth the $45 the club will likely charge, but still, cool as hell.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: September 3, 2010, 05:50 PM »
That's nice and all, but I'm not paying that much for him.  Hopefully a 25th subline will be out someday - or a least a few more scraps like Low Light.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: September 14, 2010, 12:50 AM »
Word over on Hisstank was that 25th Joes were being stocked at TJ Maxx again so I stopped today and found a ****-ton of stuff.  Picked up a clear Wraith chase fig and Para-Viper for $3.99 each.  They had a bunch of Duke, Snake Eyes, Destro, CC and Gung Ho figures as well as a Cobra Bazooka trooper and a BAT. 

Two waves of comic packs, $6.99 each, but they didn't have any I wanted.  The Hard Master/Snake Eyes, Beachhead/Mainframe, Gung Ho/CC, Rock-n-Roll/Deep Six?, IG/Viper...I think that was it.

Ice Dagger and Dragonhawk for $12.99, IIRC, and the Cobra Night Raven which I didn't look at for a price. 

Also had 12" Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Torpedo, Dusty and Bazooka and ROC Snake Eyes and SS 12" figs.  Plus some role play stuff and Mighty Muggs.

You could walk out of there with quite a haul if you wanted, so check your stores if you're interested in any of that stuff.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: September 14, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Yeah, I've been finding a lot at TJ Maxx lately too.  Mostly I just enjoy getting figures from this line for my son now.  I found a few of the Cobra infantry troopers (red scarf) last week - got him 3 of them for $3.99 each.  He's really into this stuff and keeps asking for an Alpine figure... argh!  I wish I had not sold mine from the DVD pack about a year or so ago when I started getting out of the 25th line.  I could kick myself for that one.

Truth be told, I'm really into this line for my kid now more than anything.  I buy figures for him, and just enjoy setting them up with him and watching him play with them.  It doesn't get any better than that for me.

Now I'm a bit worried he's going to get into Star Wars at some point, which will be fun and scary at the same time.  But for now he's really absorbed with GI JOE, so this is a very fun time.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: September 22, 2010, 12:26 PM »
Anyone near a Ross store that could hook me up with an extra Arctic Hiss and a Stinger or two?   :-*  I think there was close to 20 of these stores when I left Vegas, but they have no love for MN for some reason....

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: September 22, 2010, 03:55 PM »
They're out there.  I just picked up a couple Stingers and an Arctic Hiss for $9 each.  That's all they had, and all I wanted, but I'll check another Ross on my way home and pick up any Stingers or Hisses that I see and post here if I have any luck for those that are interested.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1872 on: September 22, 2010, 04:59 PM »
Out where?  I can't find nothin'! 

Looks like another round of Ross trips this weekend.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:59 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: September 22, 2010, 05:41 PM »
$9 each?  Wow... would love to get a couple Stingers at that price (one for me, one for the kiddo).  No Ross stores around here though.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: September 22, 2010, 09:35 PM »
I wish I would have read this earlier.  The Ross I went to had 2 Artic Hiss tanks and I skipped them (looking for Stingers like the rest of you)