Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198238 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2007, 08:06 AM »
That CC is so on. I remember mine was the mail-away when I was  kid and this one is dead on to that one.  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2007, 11:27 AM »
If anyone is interested, I just got notice from BBTS that my order for the first two 5 packs is being processed - and they are currently "in stock" on the BBTS website.  Glad to hear these are starting to ship, hopefully they'll be in stores before too long as well.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2007, 11:29 AM »
That's good news, but I can hold out another few weeks.  My vehicles from HTS just got here today so it will be interesting to see if the new Joes will fit.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2007, 03:39 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2007, 11:15 AM »
A few loose pics from someone who has gotten the five packs and the single packed Snake Eyes (v2) and Storm Shadow (v2):

Joe Figures

Cobra Figures

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2007, 03:44 PM »
Simply amazing!  I was thinking about going back and picking up a lot of the vintage Joe stuff, but that just seems like a horribly bad idea if they keep this stuff up.  I'm just not really sure if the vintage stuff holds water like SW stuff - not monetary wise, but memory wise.  I really liked the side by side pick of Storm Shadow and his vintage counterpart.  Hopefully this line continues for many years to come.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2007, 10:02 PM »
I'm just not really sure if the vintage stuff holds water like SW stuff - not monetary wise, but memory wise. 

I would think that depends on age. I'm 26, and stuff like Masters of the Universe and GI Joe hold more memories for me than Star Wars. Not that I like Star Wars less than those two, though.
I just have more vivid memories of MOTU and GI Joe. Especially GI Joe, since I played with that from 1985 all the way until 1992.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2007, 08:35 AM »
I'm just not really sure if the vintage stuff holds water like SW stuff - not monetary wise, but memory wise. 

I was thinking about this the other day....

I was 7 when Star Wars came out and collected them pretty much exclusively until 1982...when for my birthday I got Short Fuze and FLAK Cannon and despite being "too old" for toys..I went pretty much full Joe until College (much to my parent's dismay).  I only got a dozen of the ROTJ and POTF figures. 

Here is something else that my buddy I collected and "played" Joes with growing up...we think there is more "Media" material that revolves around stories for Joe, than for OT. Assuming one does not include ANY prequel stuff or EU that is later than 5 years after ROTJ.

The Marvel Joe Comic ran for years, the Cartoon and the Cardbacks (and yes the Movie).

Star Wars HAD (it has since exploded) the Movies on VHS or Beta (the first time I saw any video at home was ESB on Beta that my dad borrowed from a guy at work) the Marvel Comic and the Newspaper Comic.

I think this line might have legs...I sure hope it does, I'd like them to get to Lt. Falcon and Repeater.....and complete the original 13 (with Scarlett, Snake Eyes v1 and the rumored Stalker, we are at least headed in the right direction).
« Last Edit: July 5, 2007, 10:08 PM by Paul »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #218 on: July 2, 2007, 12:48 PM »
I'm not sure where the info is from, but I was just reading a post on the AFI Hasbro boards that there are going to be G.I. Joe comic 2 packs, in the style of the current Star Wars comic packs.  This is what is listed as the first wave:

G.I. Joe #1 - Hawk and Scarlett
G.I. Joe # 21 - Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow
G.I. Joe #41 - Duke and Cobra Commander

Pretty much figures we've seen already (in the 25th line), so maybe they're just repacks - or repainted to look like the "comics" like the Marvel packs from the Star Wars line that we've seen.  Who knows.  Its kind of interesting to see that Joe might have a pretty decent presence in the aisles later this year.  I hope that the line takes off with kiddos too, and we see a Joe resurgence.  Now if they'd only put the 80s toon on Boomerang or something :).

Edit: I guess the info came from HissTank.com on the comic packs.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2007, 12:51 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #219 on: July 3, 2007, 09:19 AM »
I received the two five packs via BBTS yesterday, and I have to say, they are pretty sweet.  I haven't gotten a chance to open them yet, but the figures look great in package, and the packaging is really top notch.  This isn't a flimsy box, this is the type of packaging you think about keeping - similar to the Sideshow 12" packaging to me in some respects.  Its a thick cardboard, foil-like on the cover, and the artwork we've seen online on the packaging looks great.  I hope to crack them open today, but I have to say I haven't been this excited about Joes in a long time.  Here's looking forward to the single packs.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #220 on: July 3, 2007, 08:31 PM »
I got my Joe 5 pack yesterday as well. 

They are pretty cool indeed.

They have a few flaws, but I like this incarnation of Joes better than JvC, SpyTroops and VvV...but those lines might have been ok if they did the classic unis like this...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #221 on: July 4, 2007, 02:29 AM »
How does the 25th stuff look next to the recent JvC lines? I noticed at YoJoe that the 25th figures were a little bigger than the RAH stuff, but the JvC stuff was a little bigger than that line too.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #222 on: July 4, 2007, 07:10 PM »
I'll take some photos tomorrow....

but the Helmets/Hats fit the heads...and the painted heads match up to Duke pretty good, not the tone, but the sculpt if that makes sense.

I have to decide if I am going to cut the trigger guards off all the weapons or cut the trigger fingers so that they can go into the trigger guards on these guys...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #223 on: July 5, 2007, 10:11 PM »
Photos: of Customs...I got bored and the dremel was within reach..

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #224 on: July 9, 2007, 10:52 AM »
I picked up the first wave of carded figures at a local K-Mart this morning.  Very nice.