Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 197977 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2007, 01:44 PM »
I found the Anniversary 5 packs at TRU today.  Passed on both sets, they're cool, just not $30 each worth of cool.  Loved the Storm Shadow though.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2007, 04:14 PM »
I found the Anniversary 5 packs at TRU today.  Passed on both sets, they're cool, just not $30 each worth of cool.  Loved the Storm Shadow though.

Wait until they hit Target.  They'll be $25 worth of cool there, which is a much easier amount of cool to swallow.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2007, 10:21 PM »
So these are hitting stores now right? Can't wait to pick up Snake Eyes w/ Timber, and maybe Storm Shadow. Should we expect pics of single carded Wave 2 at SDCC?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2007, 10:24 AM »
So these are hitting stores now right? Can't wait to pick up Snake Eyes w/ Timber, and maybe Storm Shadow. Should we expect pics of single carded Wave 2 at SDCC?

At least not at Target...  I've been trying the DPCI lookup trick for a few weeks now and can't find any in the back room at any of my local Targets.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2007, 10:28 PM »
I should have never looked at these 25th anniv figures.  Now I want a bunch of them.  Sigh.  That Storm Shadow is just to nice for me to pass up.  Same with Destro and the Baroness.  Not to mention Roadblock and Snake Eyes. 

When is Serprentor coming out?  I loved that one when I was a kid.  Same with Zartan.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2007, 11:30 PM »
I saw the Joe 5 pack for the first time today.  Pretty cool stuff, and it brought me right back to the early 80's.  But economics won out over nostalgia and I left them behind.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #231 on: July 12, 2007, 08:23 AM »
I found the Joe 5 pack yesterday.  I had the chance to open them up last night and other than some loose joints on Gung Ho, these figures are great.  Can't wait to get the Cobra pack and the singles.  Also looking forward to seeing some of the new ones at SDCC (hopefully), especially Firefly and Zartan.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #232 on: July 12, 2007, 10:05 PM »
I grabbed the Cobra 5-pack tonight at TRU.  The Joe pack was already gone.  Is it wrong that I press the button to listen to the song about every 5 minutes?  I wonder what the over/under is on how long it will take my wife to kill me .....

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #233 on: July 13, 2007, 05:34 PM »
I grabbed the Cobra 5-pack tonight at TRU.  The Joe pack was already gone.  Is it wrong that I press the button to listen to the song about every 5 minutes?  I wonder what the over/under is on how long it will take my wife to kill me .....

If your wife and my girlfriend respectively haven't killed us yet, chances are that our collecting habits won't be the cause when they finally get around to it. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #234 on: July 13, 2007, 08:09 PM »
Good point.
 :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #235 on: July 15, 2007, 12:57 PM »
I found a lone Storm Shadow at K-Mart yesterday in the HW section of all places...Cardbacks are half as thick as TAC.  I also wasn't too impressed with his chest joint as you could see far into his "rib cage" so there was quite a huge gap in his chest.  Also the leg screw seems to have been to tight as the left leg was splitting.  Anyways..I left him in hopes of finding better quality versions.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #236 on: July 16, 2007, 11:02 AM »
I still haven't found these. I guess it doesn't help that my Kmart sucks balls...

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2007, 12:20 PM »
I checked the Blaine, MN K-Mart last night but they didn't have them or a spot for them.  Hopefully, I find them soon because I want to see these in person before I fully commit to this new new style.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #238 on: July 16, 2007, 12:51 PM »
Again, I found mine in the HW aisle just sitting on top of some crap....go figure.  :-\

That carded version of StormShadow was my favorite Joe as a kid, but the exposed "rib cage" and the split in the leg leads me to believe that these are of poor quality, but I'll wait and make my final judgement when I find them en masse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2007, 01:00 PM »
I was at my local K-Mart, and while they had a bunch of new Hasbro product (including the Sigma 6-ish Adventure Team stuff) there were none of these to be found. It was very annoying.

I suppose I'll be waiting for Target's August reset before I find these.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk