Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 197997 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Off topic. ..

Looks like Leapord print Destro sold out on the first day at SDCC.... anyone think they will show up on HAsbrotoyshop.com ?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2007, 10:48 AM »
It looks like both versions of Destro are currently up at HTS.com.  I had to pass, since the McQuarrie figures, Stan Lee, and R2-KT were expensive enough on their own :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #272 on: August 2, 2007, 10:08 AM »
Still not much sign of these around here (no K-Marts here) - although I did see one each of the 5 packs at our local TRU yesterday.  It looks like our Target was starting to reset, so it might be possible these would show up there next week - hopefully.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #273 on: August 2, 2007, 11:33 AM »
I missed out on the gold domed Destro on HTS.com but ordered up the silver version.  Got my ship notice this morning along with the ship notice for my Obi-Wan/Yoda and R2-KT order.

The silver Destro came back up for sale at least once after the Monday rush.  Did anyone see the gold version do the same?  I was hoping to get that one but had to settle.

Still no 25th sets or single figures at the local stores although I haven't checked K-Mart for about a week.  My Target got a jump on their toy aisle reset so I'm also hoping they'll stock these figures when the new set is in place.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #274 on: August 2, 2007, 01:51 PM »
One of my local Targets reset.  Joes are in the middle of the af section - SW is back to the end.  I picked up all of the carded w1@$5.99 and the Cobra 5pack@$24.99.  Won't be able to open these until tonight, but I can't wait.  Cards are still just as crappy as the ones I found at Kmart & TRU a couple of weeks ago, but the figs look great - as do the ones in the 5pack.  The 5pack case is a lot heavier than I would have thought and it looks much better than the earlier pics. 

Lovin that button that plays the theme song....Was almost tempted to bring it back to work in the cube to embarrass myself over and over again, but decided against it.   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #275 on: August 2, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Was almost tempted to bring it back to work in the cube to embarrass myself over and over again, but decided against it.   :D

Good call.
 ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #276 on: August 3, 2007, 11:33 AM »
I stopped by Target this morning, and they had completed their action figure aisle reset.  Nothing new for Star Wars unfortunately (and no clearance VTSCs either), but they did have the new Joes on the pegs.  They had two of the Cobra 5 packs as well, but none of the Joe ones.  I picked up the three singles I was missing (Snake Eyes v2, Cobra Commander v2, and Storm Shadow v2).  So happy to have that Snake Eyes, that was one of my absolute favorite toys as a kid.  So, you might want to be on the lookout at Target if you're searching for the new Joes.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #277 on: August 3, 2007, 06:39 PM »
I got to thinking about vehicles today.  We all know how Hasbro loves the SW assault vehicle $20 price point.  There has got to be a couple hundred vehicles Hasbro could get away with at a $10-$15-$20 price point with this line - assuming they still have the molds.  I know that the 25th figs are a bit taller than the vintage ones, but when has Hasbro ever cared about how a figure can fit in a vehicle?  I'm a big Transformer fan as well (obviously) so the vehicles were always just as cool as the figures back in the day.

I've opened my H.I.S.S., R.H.I.N.O., and my Night Ops Humvee from the great HTS clearance and there's just sooooo much more playability you can get out of these things compared to any Star Wars vehicle.  Plenty of seating for multiple figs, peg holes for standing in our outside, firing missles, multiple opening doors, moving mechanisms, removable weapons for figs.  Just good stuff here.  I'm saving my big R.O.C.C. to open for when I get a chance to crack open my 25th Joes I just picked up yesterday.

I'm pretty much maxed out of space due to Star Wars probably like the rest of you guys, but I'm in the process of expanding room for the possibilty.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #278 on: August 3, 2007, 07:34 PM »
I found the single carded figures tonight at Wal-Mart.  They had 3 of Snake-Eyes, 2 Stormshadow, and at least one each of Flint and Cobra Commander.  I don't think I saw the Cobra officer though but I really wasn't paying that close attention.  No 5-packs.

Now, the reason I wasn't paying much attention to the rest of the figures is because I was distracted by Snake-Eyes.  First off, it's an awesome looking figure and that outfit is still my favorite from the vintage line.

The other thing that caught my attention is that there's a variant on the wolf.  I've seen no mention of this or photos on the various web sites and I'm even in the Joe club and didn't hear about this.  Two of the Snake figs had the grey wolf we've all see photos of but the other one had a black wolf with white belly.  Now, I'm wondering if there's a third variant with the grey/black wolf like there were 3 versions of the 8" Sigma 6 wolf.

So, what color wolves have you guys found so far and what stores did you get them at?

My Target has pegs for the carded and shelf spots for the 5-packs but the only new stuff they've stocked since they reset this week are the 8" Sigma figures from the new military line.

Correction: YoJoe.com does list the black under the Variants section but they don't have a photo.

E...

« Last Edit: August 3, 2007, 07:46 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #279 on: August 3, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Mike, hopefully you can get your new figures to work in the vehicles.

Unfortunately, the hip articulation makes it hard for the 25th Ann. figures to sit and fit correctly in the 1982-2006 3 3/4" vehicles.  Also, the foot holes on the new 25th figures are different than the 1982-2006 figures so the pegs on the vehicles aren't correct.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #280 on: August 3, 2007, 11:05 PM »
Finally found a 5-pack tonight at Target. It's the Joe one, which was the one I was looking for. It was the last 5-pack there and all the singles were cleaned out, but then again, it was 9 PM.

As long as it took me to find this, I can say it was worth the wait.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #281 on: August 4, 2007, 12:19 AM »
Mike, hopefully you can get your new figures to work in the vehicles.

Unfortunately, the hip articulation makes it hard for the 25th Ann. figures to sit and fit correctly in the 1982-2006 3 3/4" vehicles.  Also, the foot holes on the new 25th figures are different than the 1982-2006 figures so the pegs on the vehicles aren't correct.

Still have a backlog of SW and TF to digest besides my new Joes/Cobras, but I appreciate your input SP. (Forgot your real MN name sorry)
......Still hoping for vintage vehicle reissues

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #282 on: August 4, 2007, 01:42 AM »
The 5 packs finally showed up at my Target and Kmart this week, and both Wal-Marts restocked them. I haven't seen any single-carded figures for a couple of weeks though. And has anyone else found Elite Force figures and vehicles at Target? I almost bought the Humvee. I'm thinking of painting it to look like a Stinger, since we're gettting a driver soon. The Black Hawk looks good too. If the Apache or the F-18 show up, I'll definitely get those.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #283 on: August 4, 2007, 02:03 AM »
I saw the shelf tags for the Elite Forces stuff and was kind of surprised.  They had the Hummer there today along with a smaller airplane but the helicopter, other vehicles and figures weren't stocked yet.

That Humvee is a nice looking vehicle.  I don't think I've ever bought any of the EF stuff before, though.  How's the quality on it?

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #284 on: August 4, 2007, 02:56 AM »
Well lemme tell ya E. :)

I collect the 1:18 military lines from BBI and 21st Century toys, and the quality's really unmatched in the toy aisle on anything they make.  Comparatively, 21st usually has a more complex toy, but BBI has something a bit sturdier...  Basically they're neck-and-neck with each other, but they make Hasbro (anything) look like child's play.

The kicker?  BBI Helicopters at TRU were around $40 to $60...  The larger ones that is, which are a Blackhawk (modern day troop mover, etc.), and Apache.  I got an Apache back in the day on clearance, but never got a Hawk...  Anyway, $30 at BBI for the same chopper.  Almost HALF off, and Target says that's their price, it's not overstock like some were thinking it was... 

BBI was exclusive to TRU but they've worked out a deal with Target now who have a much stronger distribution system.  The better EF stuff sells at Target, the more they're gonna carry too.  21st Century Toys is currently at Wal-Mart mostly but TRU just got in agreement with 21st again so now it's at both stores.  I'm thinking maybe TRU's dumping Elite Force, not sure, but it's really their pricing (and lack of mark-downs) that kills TRU (as with all toys at that store).

Anyway, the main point is that Elite Force stuff at Target is priced UNBELIEVABLY.  Their items are all 100% to-scale in 1:18, nothing is cut, nothing is scaled down...  It's perfect.  And the prices are just too good to be true.  Even the guys that collect it were shocked at that.  I got a Blackhawk just tonight E, first one I saw yet, at a new Target in the Pittsburgh area I can get to easily (thank god).  $30 for that behemoth was just too good to be true to me.  The quality is fantastic though...  Dials are sculpted on, painted...  Doors open, the trooper doors slide, there's a rappelling line, etc., etc... 

There is only one slight flaw with the choppers and it's the props tend to droop a little over time due to weight. 

On the Humvees, they're great...  Rivet detailing sculpted on, doors open, the figures are good, you get extra bits with them generally...  There's at least two Humvees being sold so far.  One is a "Super Humvee" which is opened in the back.  This is a Humvee being used by Special FOrces in Iraq/Afghanistan right now...  The other I saw was a woodland camo regular old Humvee.  There is one too that has an armored turret with machine gun on the top, a regular version.  These are the new modified armor Humvees being deployed in Iraq with better protection for the gunner up top and everyone inside...  They're in desert tan, however I"m not positive these are hsowing up at Target yet. 

The LAV (Land Assault Vehicle) is there though as well...  They're getting eaten up in Iraq right now but are still deployed.  They're something you'll see with homemade up-armoring on them on the news sometimes and whatnot.  Again a great piece though, and at a pretty great prices.  The Humvees and LAV's prices aren't quite as snazzy as the Abrams and choppers, but they're quite good nonetheless.

I say buy away Eric, you won't be disappointed man.  You know you want an Apache for Wild Bill. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77