Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198080 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 4, 2007, 12:29 AM »
Man, I wish my local WMs would get in the Joe game. Target and TRU are only getting one case at a time, which are wiped out in minutes.

It's sickening, really.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #451 on: October 4, 2007, 08:10 AM »
Man... I can't find anything... but the fuzzy 12" versions..

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #452 on: October 4, 2007, 08:25 AM »
Need some YoJoe?

I haven't had a chance to open them yet but Firefly just looks like he's going to kick all sorts of ass when he gets out of his package.  :D

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #453 on: October 4, 2007, 06:41 PM »
Lucky! That Red Ninja rocks. Nice to see more Cobra army builders, even if they're obscure.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #454 on: October 4, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Has anyone that's found the next wave found the darker green Stalker?  I like the looks of that one better and was just wondering if it was shipping.

Nothing locally although I wasn't around over the weekend.  There are two figures on the pegs at Target that weren't there Saturday though; wave 1 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

Don't know if those are from a wave 2 case or another wave 1 restock.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #455 on: October 4, 2007, 09:23 PM »
Wow, wave 3.  I'll skip the red ninja since he was post-1985, and I'm skipping Shipwreck because I just can't get into his look! (I can't remember if I owned him as a kid or I just remember him from the cartoon).  Stalker is a must-have, but I'll wait for the corrected color version that's coming shortly.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #456 on: October 4, 2007, 09:31 PM »
Wow, wave 3.  I'll skip the red ninja since he was post-1985

Actually, the Red Ninja debuted in the Marvel comic series in 1983, I believe.

From #21, the famous "Silent issue".

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #457 on: October 4, 2007, 10:25 PM »
  There are two figures on the pegs at Target that weren't there Saturday though; wave 1 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

Don't know if those are from a wave 2 case or another wave 1 restock.

E...

The Wave 2 case assortment has one each of the five new figures, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Commander ... so there's a good chance that you saw the remnants of a Wave 2 case.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #458 on: October 5, 2007, 12:50 AM »

Actually, the Red Ninja debuted in the Marvel comic series in 1983, I believe.

Ah, thanks for the info, Reid!  Sorry, I should have said the original toy was post-1985 (when I stopped buying GI Joe).  According to the toyguide site I've been using, it was introduced as a figure in 1987.
Greg Reeves

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #459 on: October 5, 2007, 10:45 AM »
According to the toyguide site I've been using, it was introduced as a figure in 1987.

The only red ninja that I recall from the 80's toyline was Jinx (female)...I was pretty heavy into this line from 85-89.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #460 on: October 5, 2007, 07:10 PM »
I should've linked it.  Here's the pic (and you're right, it's Jinx, not a Cobra affiliated ninja) including the other figures from 1987:

And the website page it's on:
http://joes.propadeutic.com/1987.html

Regardless, I never had one as a kid, so that makes my rule valid  :P
« Last Edit: October 5, 2007, 07:12 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #461 on: October 5, 2007, 10:21 PM »
I've tried to resist this line, but haven't been able to.  I'm not being a completist by any means, as I'm opening my Joes up and considering making a photonovel of the Joes attacking Cobra Island (similar to the original Joe comic).  I've even considered buying this for my Cobra base and painting it -

Anyways, the Joe stuff holds a special place in my heart - my first real customs were when I was a kid in the mid 80s with my figures, doing basic head swaps - and I also used to use my parents' camcorder to make little fan fiction movies with my figures - in a sense those were the foundation of the photonovels that I now make with Star Wars figures.

So far here's what I've bought in stores (and opened) -

5-pks
Cobra Series 1 - x 2
Cobra Series 2 - x 1
Joe Series 1 - x1

Wave 1
Cobra Commander x 2
Snake Eyes x 1
Storm Shadow x 2
Flint x 1
Cobra Officer x 4

Wave 2
Serpentor x 1 (would never use this in a photonovel though, he's too silly looking)
Cobra Trooper x 6
Lady Jaye x 1
Beach Head x 2

I'm thinking about getting a few more of the Beach Head figures and doing head swaps with other characters from the Joes for my photonovel, if I ever get to it.  I just think that most of the assault team would have the same outfit.  I might even create a couple of fan fic characters too.

Looking back at the old days, my favorite figures were Destro, Cobra Commander, Cobra Officers, Crimson Guards, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Hawk, Crazy Legs, Flint, and Outback.  I really didn't get into GI JOE until 1986, and stopped in 1990.  But that was a very fun period in my life, I liked GI JOE a lot better than Star Wars when I was a kid.   

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #462 on: October 5, 2007, 10:36 PM »
That seems like a good base for a Cobra outpost Chewie. With some work, might make a cool Castle Destro. What line is that from?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #463 on: October 6, 2007, 01:27 AM »
It would work for Castle Destro, great idea!  I remember that in the comic when the false Cobra Commander (Fred?) attacked it and Destro kicked Cobra's butt.  I actually made a pathetically bad Castle Destro out of foamcore many years ago... hee hee.

That castle is from the Schleich line of toys, which is now carried at TRU (you can find the castle there).  But it's freaking expensive, close to $200.00 I believe.  I picked up one of the boxes there not too long ago and it was pretty heavy, so I assume the castle is very sturdy and well constructed.  All the Schleich stuff is pretty pricey though, but they are pretty much in scale with Star Wars/Joe toys.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #464 on: October 6, 2007, 09:25 AM »
I just saw the vintage 12" figures at WM. Man did they look cool. Anyone know how much they're retailing for? I scanned the boxes, but they rang up as not in the system yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."