Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198951 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #510 on: November 1, 2007, 02:00 PM »
Finally picked up a normal colored Stalker today at Target to go with my neon baby puke version and I was tempted to get the Shipwreck w/Anchor, but the paint apps on his beard was all messed up.  Looks like they put out two cases today so I'm going to track this and see how long it takes them to sell through.

Has anybody found a Legion's 5pack that actually has a Cobra Driver with a fully painted helmet?  I've not come across a single set with a decent looking one.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2007, 05:38 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #511 on: November 2, 2007, 12:00 AM »
New comic packs.

Destro & Breaker
Torch & Ripper

Count me in for them both. I could do without the Destro repaint, but for Breaker, I'll get it.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #512 on: November 2, 2007, 12:03 AM »
Hahaha ... Breaker has his bubble gum.  That's awesome.  And I love how the Dreadnoks are displayed.  Torch is holding Ripper's gun as well as his own.  It's nice to see that Hasbro knows the product they're selling.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #513 on: November 2, 2007, 12:36 AM »
Love how they added Breaker's gum... That's some nice detail there. Where was that on my DTC CP Breaker? I'll pass, as I own the aforementioned DTC pack. The 'Noks look neat, they'll fit in nicely with Buzzer and Zartan, or just bossing around some Cobra goons.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #514 on: November 2, 2007, 01:01 AM »
I keep creeping closer to buying a Storm Shadow or SNake Eyes every time I see one...  If I see Firefly, he's bought.  I won't be able to help myself. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #515 on: November 2, 2007, 01:49 PM »
...And then there was one.  My Target put out 2-3 cases yesterday - went back today and there was just a lone Storm Shadow on the pegs.  I'd call that a pretty good sell through.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #516 on: November 2, 2007, 02:39 PM »
Breaker is awesome looking but I'm not going to buy another Destro to get him...especially not one all decked out in purple.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #517 on: November 4, 2007, 10:50 PM »
I love Destro, but a repacked Cobra Trooper would be better.  Come on Hasbro...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #518 on: November 5, 2007, 12:49 PM »
I love Destro, but a repacked Cobra Trooper would be better.  Come on Hasbro...

Technically, they already repacked the Cobra Trooper in Wave 2. However, a repack of the Stinger Driver would be excellent. I might get that Gas Mask/Airborne Trooper though.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #519 on: November 5, 2007, 02:01 PM »
One can never have too many Cobra Troopers!   ;D

Yeah you're right though, a Stinger driver would be better.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #520 on: November 9, 2007, 01:10 PM »
Wave 5

That Destro is a freakin gem.  I never owned that version of him as a kid so I can't wait to get him.  I'm probably going to go overboard on the Crimson Guard as I do with all of the carded Cobra Troopers I find in the wild.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #521 on: November 9, 2007, 07:08 PM »
As hellish as it's been to get Cobra army builders at retail (which is ******* near impossible for me) that CG is going to be worse.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #522 on: November 9, 2007, 07:39 PM »
That Destro is one of the nicest looking action figures from any line I've seen.  The CG is also hot.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #523 on: November 11, 2007, 12:18 PM »
It looks like Hasbro's modified the rules for the mailaway Doc a bit to allow older Flag Points in place of the Comic Pack UPC/POPs.  While I applaud this due to finding the requirement of buying that day-glo Duke vs. Cobra Commander in order to get Doc to be absolutely ridiculous, it's been, oh, about 14 years since I had any Flag Points laying around.  Why can't they include the regular figures in this promotion?

Oh well, I guess I won't be getting a Doc after all.   :-\

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #524 on: November 11, 2007, 08:43 PM »
I've got some Flag points left....DoctorPadawan..if you want, you can snag one of my extra Docs. It says you can get 3 more for Flag points, and at last count, I had 200 still...

Pretty neat of Hasbro/Collector's Club to do that.  Sadly, I'd probably have enough anyway if that Crimson Guard Comic pack is decent enough. 

At this point I figure I will snag at least 4 of the Hawk Comic pack to do quick headswap customs of the original 13 that don't get treatment.

At least 2 of the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow one, 1 Day-Glo Duke/CC, 2 Dreadnoks, 2 Destro/Breaker, 2-4 Crimson Guard packs, and depending on the Wild Weasel issue #115 (if rumors are true) it looks like I'll have enough Comic Packs to get 2 without the added Flag Points/Battle Points.