Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196753 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2007, 01:26 PM »
Damn, Hasbro has some great stuff lined up for this year.  :o
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2007, 01:37 PM »
Scarlett looks okay, but her legs remind me of a praying mantis for some reason.

Too bad the same can't be said for the Transformers line.  :-\  That's not Hasbro's fault though, I blame that on Michael Bay.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Well, we can always blame Michael Bay.  he's like the federal government, you can always find fault with it.

I see what you're saying about Scarlett's legs.  I don't have a huge problem with them.  Too bad they aren't double jointed like Stormshadow and Duke appear to be.  Probably just that the legs are too thin to support that extra articluation point.

I think that's one of the best looking Scarlett figures ever, especially the head sculpt.  Hasbro always seems to miss with that character.  Either they get the outfit, paint scheme and body right (version 6 in 2004) and the face wrong, or the face looks pretty good (version 5 2004 from the 3-pack) but it's an otherwise bad/boring figure.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2007, 10:41 PM »
I am still in.  She looks very Sigma 6-ish in the torso.  But still a good figure.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2007, 10:46 PM »

Too bad the same can't be said for the Transformers line.  :-\  That's not Hasbro's fault though, I blame that on Michael Bay.

I'm hoping we're surprised somehow, ala a return of the reissues. Hasbro has to know that a good portion of the fan base is so turned off by the designs that they won't buy any toys, and they'll need something to keep us interested.

To keep this on topic, are there any vehicles planned for this line? I can't recall now. It'd be great to have a rereleased Rattler or something big to go with this line. Man, a USS Flagg TRU exclusive would be neat, but I doubt that will ever see the light of day.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Not to spoil the surprise for anyone, but I noticed in this thread someone has posted the urls for a handful more of the new Joe figures (probably to be revealed the rest of this week and next).  If anyone wants a look at them now, probably better get to steppin before they are taken down :).  Pictures are Snake Eyes (v1), Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Gung Ho, Road Block, and Cobra Trooper.  They all look pretty amazing to me, and I'm definitely going to at least be picking up Snake Eyes - and maybe a few others - but the whole line is looking awfully tempting at this point.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2007, 12:55 PM »
Good Lord!!   :o

I'm officially in on this line!  I sure hope that this won't cause me to back track to the vintage era though.  That's the only thing that I'm afraid of.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2007, 01:56 PM »
Crap, I wish I'd seen the Snake Eyes.  I'm sure he'll be one of the 10 that are going to be previewed this week and next.  Gung-ho is today's preview.

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 02:04 PM »
Ah, scratch that.  Found the photos on RS.  I figure Neal won't mind me posting them here.

So far, I'm 100% in on this line.  The one thing I hope they fix is the eyes/glasses on the Baroness.  Somethings off there but it's an otherwise excellent figure.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 02:10 PM »
Ya, I'm kinda getting a Harry Potter/Where's Waldo vibe from her.

Pictures are Snake Eyes (v1)

So there's going to be more than one version of Snakey?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 02:11 PM by iFett »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 02:25 PM »

So there's going to be more than one version of Snakey?

I think he meant it's a update of the original goggled Snake Eyes figure, not the more popular one that came with Timber.

Why did I have to see these?  My Joe collecting playing days ended about 20 years ago, but these look too good to pass up.  Must resist.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 02:55 PM »
Why did I have to see these?  My Joe collecting playing days ended about 20 years ago, but these look too good to pass up.  Must resist.

Same here Mikey.  It probably would have been better to not have seen these at all ;).  I was pretty big into Joe as a kid, but have - for the most part - stayed away from any modern stuff aside from a couple of Snake Eyes figures here and there.  After seeing these though, I'm really thinking about trying to collect this line.  There is supposed to be 25 total this year (for the 25th ann.), and I could see having the whole collection on a shelf together.  I'll at least get SE, and probably a handful of others, but we'll see about price/availability as well.  I'm already thinking what I can pass on from other lines to justify affording these.  The ole budget was supposed to go down by 1/2 this year, so its sort of a checks and balances system for me :).

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 03:56 PM »
Yup my budget has gone out the window!! With these I am back into GI JOE!!! These things are to beautiful to resist!! ;)
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2007, 04:12 PM »
  I figure Neal won't mind me posting them here.

Not at all.  If you didn't, I was going to.
 ;)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2007, 05:49 PM »
I have usually been able to slide each year either toward Joe or Star Wars because they rarely had good years at the same time (At least since 2000)...but this year they will both be getting a good amount of attention.

After seeing these 10, I am hoping the other 15 look as good and that we see many more than 25.  If NOT, I'll be sad, but it is a great way for Joe to go out.  Not like DTC wave 4 with a Wimper, but with a hearty YO JOE with the 25. (It will be more like 50 for me as I army build Cobra Troopers)  These are also the first Joes in a while that I didn't discard their weapons and get some from Marauder John.