Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196743 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2007, 08:21 PM »
Destro ROCKS. Love the M.A.R.S. briefcase. Cobra Trooper is neat, but I already have the DTC version.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2007, 09:07 PM »
Ok, we had ten figures shown / leaked:
1. Storm Shadow
2. Duke
3. Scarlett
4. Gung Ho
5. Baroness
6. Cobra Commander
7. Destro
8. Cobra Trooper
9. Snake Eyes
10. Roadblock

Any guesses to the final 15?  I'll take a stab at it and see how close I come:

1. Stalker
2. Spirit
3. Flint
4. Lady Jaye
5. Beachhead
6. Shipwreck
7. Rock and Roll
8. Hawk
9. Zartan
10. Torch
11. Ripper
12. Buzzer
13. Firefly
14. Major Bludd
15. Tomax / Xamot (would Hasbro split them up?)

That gives you 13 Joes and 12 Cobras - fairly balanced and probably the most well known and popular characters.  I'm unsure of the Dreadnoks being included, but I'll leave them.  I can see Hasbro releasing Zartan's siblings and either Mindbender or Scrap Iron in their place.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007, 10:52 PM »
I wonder though, if we go get Hawk, will it be Hawk, Gen Tomahawk, or Gen Hawk? Oh and will he be the MMC Field Commander or will he still be a General?? :)

I like your list Mikey. I would love to see Recondo, Mutt & Junkyard, Eel, a Snowserpent, or a Tele Viper!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2007, 11:06 PM »
I like Lady Jaye and Mikey's list... I am pretty sure they can't go wrong...

I'd really like to see Snow Job...

Have y'all noticed that the 10 we've seen are all

1982 Era:  Snakes, Scarlett, Cobra Commander (Mail in), Cobra Soldier
1983 Era:  Destro, Gung Ho, Duke (mail in)
1984 Era:  Storm Shadow, Baroness, Roadblock (Duke on Card)

What does all this mean?  Nothing really, just one of those useless stats...

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2007, 08:11 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Serpentor was one of the 25.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2007, 09:14 AM »
I think Mikey's list will probably be pretty close as well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Serpentor either (or the Crimson Guard, those were always popular).  I wouldn't mind seeing Mutt and Junkyard, Barbeque, Dusty, Airtight, etc.  When I start to think about the line from when I was a kid, there's a lot I wouldn't mind seeing.  I read somewhere that there is a rumor that if these "25" do well, the line might continue, so that's good news (or bad news, depending on your budget :P).  I really don't know if I'll be able to stay away from these though, they really have the nostalgia factor for me, and look quite nice so far.  Now the question is, what will the pricepoint be?  Since they are Hasbro creations, we shouldn't be paying for the "license fee" like we supposedly do with Star Wars, but they've seen what collectors will pay for figures as well so we might be in for a surprise.  I think there has been rumors around of two five packs to start the line, or having these in 2 packs similar to the SW comic packs, but honestly the single packs would probably be the best bet overall.  I wonder if they'll be available at all retail outlets, or specific to a certain place (online or retail).  You would think these could go everywhere.  Now if they would just re-release or re-do the DVD season sets now too - since I missed them the first time and they're pretty pricey/difficult to track down now.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:57 AM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Someone combined all of the pics of the first 10 into one larger pic HERE.  They look kind of neat all together like that.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Dangnabbit are these sorely tempting.   I've said many times through the years here that I was a much much bigger Joe fan than SW back in the day (and longer too...)   By the time ROTJ came out I was done collecting SW Figures.  I only had Jedi Luke and that is it.  I was full scale into the Joe and MOTU lines at that time.  I had pretty much every figure from 1982 through 1987, lots of vehicles etc.  I know I have more Joes at my parents house than I have vintage SW stuff

So...do these tempt me enough to pick them up...hell yes.  They are basically VOTC versions of the main characters...and with 25 of them, I'm thinking long and hard about it.  Plus with Marvel pretty much wrapped up there is nothing else I am buying right now (outside SW of course).  What scares me is the fact that I'd probably go back and start picking up loose Vintage pieces...probably through 1987...to the tune of about $2000 :-\
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:11 AM by OCB »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2007, 10:15 AM »
You know, it's a pretty sad commentary, when I get MORE information on these from a Star Wars site than all my fave G.I.Joe boards combined. ;D Kinda pitiful when you think about it.

Finally I get to see pics of all of them. I am all over this line like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

Hopefully they concentrate on these instead of that abysmal Sigma Sux line.

Alas, no General Hawk yet. :'( But im pretty sure he'll make it to the second wave.

People have been nitpicking these guys to death, but i cant find fault in any of them. This is damn near a perfect line, and I cant wait to waste my hard earned money on buying multiples.

I wil be getting all of them of course, but I cant wait to see what customising potential they have, so I will have to wait until I actually get one in my hands. I guess it would be too much to ask for these to have the little screw in the back keeping them together wouldn't it. ;D ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2007, 11:57 AM »
It looks like Hasbro must have given up since they already leaked, since all 10 of the figures so far are now shown on their Official Site.

Also, if anyone is interested, it looks like Hasbro has some of the old Joe cartoons from the 80s available to view online.  Not a whole lot, and I think they are edited a little, but even watching part of it brought back a lot of memories.  That opening theme song is a classic :).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:03 PM by Brian »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2007, 12:06 PM »
Man, that Cobra Trooper looks fantastic. Much better than the DTC wave 3 version.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2007, 12:11 PM »
My next 15:

11. Flash ('82)
12. General Hawk ('82)
13. Serpentor ('86)
14. Grunt ('82)
15. B.A.T. ('86)
16. Stalker ('82)
17. Crimson Guard ('85)
18. Lady Jaye ('85)
19. Dr. Venom (Marvel Comics)
20. Buzzer ('85)
21. Doc ('83)
22. Snow Job ('83)
23. Zartan ('83)
24. Bazooka ('85)
25. Firefly ('84)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2007, 12:35 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a battlepack of just the original core Dreadnocks.  I think the only one that has a chance of being made is Zartan if they're only going up to 25 figures.  I remember Road Pig, Slasher, Zarrana - and her brother, and I think there was some other dude - Crystal Ball?

Now if they would just re-release or re-do the DVD season sets now too - since I missed them the first time and they're pretty pricey/difficult to track down now.

I wasn't interested in Joe back when they were released, but I missed the last season of Rhino's Transformers box sets and it goes for well over $80.  I'd really like to complete that set even though Sony is re-releasing them this summer - different packaging to be sure and I'm a stickler about those sorts of things.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:49 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2007, 01:26 PM »
I haven't spent a lot of time speculating on what other figures might be in the line but just off the top of my head I'd throw these out there:

Hawk
Major Bludd
Stalker
Viper
Firefly
Zartan
Crimson Guard
Flint
Serpentor
Lady Jaye
Beachhead
BAT
Spirit

That's only 13 but I think after those the figure choices start becoming a toss-up.  Those characters are all relatively core guys to the Joe universe.  I also think some good character choices would be Tele-Vipers, Dial-Tone, Flash, Outback, Recondo, Shipwreck, Rock-N-Roll, Clutch, Wild Bill, the original Dreadnoks (Buzzer, Ripper and Torch), Scrap Iron, Tomax/Xamot and Dr. Mindbender.

Hasbro has a really nice sculpt of a HUMVEE now but how cool would it be to see a classic VAMP with Clutch?  Maybe a 2-pack with a VAMP vs Stinger with Clutch and a Cobra Driver. 

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2007, 01:27 PM »
Why did I have to see these?  My Joe collecting playing days ended about 20 years ago, but these look too good to pass up.  Must resist.

Thankful now for my senior's discount.  I have zero interest in these because the dinky little things aren't real GI Joe's anyway.  Where's the lifelike hair?  Where's the string you pull to get them to talk?  Where's the Kung Fu grip?  Bah. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.