Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196756 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 9, 2007, 02:37 PM »
Ok I saw a Hasbro Press release...

Looks like it is going to be 2 5-Packs of the ones we have seen and then 15 individual figures with 1982 throwback packaging and stands. 

Also of note is the 8 inch line going to a more "Military" look with a subline of Military Figures including Leatherneck, Beachhead and Shockwave.

Hopefully we can get some decent pics of these (25th Anniversaray at least) if they show them at Toy Fair this weekend.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #76 on: February 9, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Good news, I suppose.  Did it say what the MSRP was??  I read the SW one and it said $6.99 - of which I'm sure we'll be paying more for this year.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #77 on: February 9, 2007, 03:23 PM »
Did it say what the MSRP was?? 

G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO sets

(Approximate retail price of $25.00; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Summer 2007)

Sure to delight fans both new and old, 25th Anniversary Figures are all new sculpts and the most detailed and articulated G.I. JOE figures ever! Hasbro kick-offs the anniversary with the release two special-edition sets, each containing five classic G.I. JOE characters from the A REAL AMERICAN HERO line. Characters include G.I. JOE force’s fearless patriots DUKE, SNAKE EYES, GUNG HO, SCARLET and ROAD BLOCK, as well as their slithery adversaries COBRA COMMANDER, DESTRO, STORM SHADOW, BARONESS and a COBRA TROOPER. Each pack also comes with a sound box in the shape of the G.I. JOE logo that plays the beloved theme from the G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO animated series.

G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO single packs

(Approximate retail price of $6.00; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2007)

Each of the fifteen 3-3/4-inch figures – in replica G.I. JOE packaging circa 1982 – will feature new sculpts, enhanced articulation, and a base stand featuring the character’s name.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2007, 03:24 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #78 on: February 9, 2007, 03:26 PM »
Thanks for posting that Jeff.  Doesn't sound too bad, five all new figures for $25.  I'm definitely hoping to pick up the two 5 packs, and I'll go from there on the single packs.  Part of me would like to collect the entire line of 25, but it will depend on the fundage this summer :).
« Last Edit: February 9, 2007, 03:29 PM by Brian »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2007, 10:55 PM »
The 25th looks even better in person.  WOW.  The Duke looks great (and I am not a Duke fan)...

Intreresting tidbits....only 25 figs this year.  They anticipate "Variants" if the line continues.  The rep kept referring to "this year" and "The first 25" so this line could have legs.

He confirmed that DTC Wave 4 does not have anywhere to go right now, do it may never see the light of day. 

The 5 packs with the GI JOE logo that plays music will also have pegs for the feet.

Instead of the usual one of each, I noticed that there were 2 Cobra Soldiers, with different guns and the helmets seem...SEEM...to be removable.  They are removable in the proto=type, but the rep said that issue had not been resolved in the production version.

Look for our pics here sometime this week, but we are getting the Star Wars stuff up first.

For those who love/hate Sigma 6...they are dropping that NAME, it will all be sub-lines of GI JOE.  So Adventure Team, Combat Force and 25th Anniv will all be under the same banner.

He also mentioned that the Sigma 6 cartoon is finished and done now too. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2007, 12:09 AM »
Look for our pics here sometime this week, but we are getting the Star Wars stuff up first.

JD's Hasbro GI Joe Folder

Man, I hate the idea of starting a new line, but I also hate the idea of not buying this Storm Shadow.   :-\

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2007, 04:32 AM »
Wow.  The leg screw is even painted white.  Pretty!!  I'm so game for this line!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2007, 09:44 AM »
We could not get shots of the back of the figs.  I was hoping to get to see if they had the "screw" in the back too, but I think with the torso articulation, that probably wont be there.

Jeff, the Storm Shadow is even COOLER in person.  I did notice that no-where on the Storm Shadow we saw did they have a Cobra Insignia on him.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Hasbro now has an official site for the 25th Anniversary figures, complete with the original toon theme playing in the background :).  So, with seeing the first 10 again at Toy Fair, and hearing of the news that they'll be in two five packs (with singles following), how many of you are still planning on collecting this line?  I still like it, and hope to at least get the two five packs, and then go from there, seeing what the budget will allow.  Hopefully they won't be too tough to get a hold of.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Nothing has changed as far as I know, so I'm still in 100% on this line.  Hopefully if sales prove promising (I'm sure they will) then they'll continue this line past the original 25.  I'd love to see some re-issued vehicles mixed in as well like the original Rattler - not that that funky colored one that was a TRU exclusive a few years back.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 01:21 PM by iFett »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2007, 01:09 PM »
They need to reissue the WHALE.  :) Well, they don't NEED to, but it would sure be great.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2007, 01:54 PM »
They need to reissue the WHALE.  :) Well, they don't NEED to, but it would sure be great.

That's that little sub thing or was it the Moray??  I'm pretty sure the Whale was re-released under the RAH banner around 2000/2001ish.  Still, it's been quite a while.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2007, 05:56 PM »
The W.H.A.L.E. was released in 1984 and again in 1988 in black as the Night Striker.  It's the hovercraft and hasn't been re-released since then as far as I know.  If it had I would have bought it, instead I pieced a vintage one together.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2007, 06:15 PM »
Ahhh, the hovercraft.  That thing was sweeet!! Sorry about the misinformation, it's been quite a while.  This thread just sparked so many memories about Joes, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like enough brain cells have re-ignited   :-\  I should check my facts before posting crap.  I do remember that little submarine/ship thing did get re-released though, but I guess I forgot what it was called.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2007, 07:54 PM »
I do remember that little submarine/ship thing did get re-released though, but I guess I forgot what it was called.

That was the S.H.A.R.C.