Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199084 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #330 on: August 14, 2007, 02:17 PM »
I was really hyped for these figures when I first saw photos of them but now that the line has seemingly expanded and I've gotten a couple out of the package I think I'll only be picking up a few of them.

I've seen probably 15-20 Snake Eyes figures on the pegs and only one black wolf, which I bought.  That was stocked at K-Mart. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #331 on: August 15, 2007, 11:34 AM »
If I can find them marked down I would buy extra to open.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #332 on: August 16, 2007, 01:32 AM »
I was very interested in continuing to buy this line, but after buying the Cobra 5-pack, I'm not so sure I'll continue if Hasbro doesn't get the hands fixed. The Storm Shadow from that pack can't hold any of his weapons, and the same is true for my Baroness.

Maybe it's just my set, but I'm kind of doubtful about that. At least the rest of the pack was great. The Cobra soldier would really do well on a single card, methinks.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #333 on: August 16, 2007, 01:42 PM »
   So far I've picked up all of the single figures and five-packs, and a second COBRA officer (I hope to get one more). I am loving this line.   
   The only flaws in the figures are the screws in the legs, hands, and weapons. Screws are fine with me, but detract from the overall appearance of the figures. My main gripe about the hands is the lack of a seperate trigger finger, but I fixed the problem with knife and several quick slices.
   Weapons are the worst part of these figures. Some are overall horrible (COBRA rifle), while others look funny and don't make sense(Flint's shotgun, Roadblock's .50 Cal) Scarlett's crossbow and Gung-Ho's Grenade launcher, while very cool, are way too fragile. I'm glad Marauder Inc. will be able to fix my weapon problems. Overall, this is a great line.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #334 on: August 16, 2007, 03:17 PM »
      Weapons are the worst part of these figures. Some are overall horrible (COBRA rifle), while others look funny and don't make sense(Flint's shotgun, Roadblock's .50 Cal)

Just curious ... what doesn't "make sense" about the shotgun and .50 cal?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #335 on: August 16, 2007, 04:20 PM »
I don't like the green plastic that they are molded in. I don't understand why Hasbro could not have gone with black. I guess the same could apply to the COBRA Officer weapon with the silver plastic. They just stand out way too much and look funny. Regarding the .50 Cal, even though the original Roadblock had one, it's just not a sensible weapon for a soldier to carry around. Even if they could carry it, it's way too bulky, heavy, and powerful. The sculpts are great, though. Sorry about not being specific about that!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2007, 06:24 PM »
I don't like the green plastic that they are molded in.

Flint's green shotgun is a homage to the RAH version.  ;)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2007, 06:27 PM »
Yeah, I know. I just wish Hasbro decided to change all weapon colors to black. But, you can't have it all, I guess.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2007, 11:12 PM »
Yeah, I know. I just wish Hasbro decided to change all weapon colors to black. But, you can't have it all, I guess.

I don't know, I kind of like the weird RAH homages like the green shotgun.

Is the SDCC release dates for Waves 2 and 3 correct? They put Wave 2 at September and Wave 3 at October, seems they're really pushing to make sure that the 25th Anniversary product comes out in the 25th Anniversary year.

Fine with me though.

Who else is surpised at the lake of Cobra army builders in the 25th line? The Cobra Troopers/Officers are cool, although I like my DTC Blueshirt just as much. The Cobra Red Ninja rocks, just like the Red Ninjas in Marvel #21. I'm astonished we didn't see a new Crimson Guard. He's right up there with the standard Blueshirt as one of the most iconic Cobra goons. I think it would be cool to see a new Tele-Viper, as well as a new HISS Driver (Maybe with a rerelease/retool of the DTC HISS?).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #339 on: August 20, 2007, 11:52 AM »
EE has pics up of the next 5 pack.  We've seen it at Comic Con I believe, but just thought I'd pass it along for those who are interested.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #340 on: August 20, 2007, 12:19 PM »
I finally cracked open my carded figs from w1 and I must say that I'm very impressed so far.  Great articulation, nice solid joints, good paint apps, great homeages to the vintage stuff.  I just wish they would have done away with the leg screws as they did with the rubber o-rings, but no biggie.

Mine can even stand on their own in a variety of poses and they can hold their weapons just fine.  I haven't opened up my boxed sets yet as this is where I've heard alot of quality complaints come from and I'm just not ready to violate them.  But so far so good with the carded figs.  I'm loving them and I hope to get around to the boxed sets sometime this week.

Looks like none of them can sit very well so there goes my great idea for some vintage vehicle re-releases.  These guys are also the same height as my clones are.  I thought I heard that these things were "freakishy" tall or something.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #341 on: August 20, 2007, 01:52 PM »
That new 5-pack is kind of underwhelming.  It does have 3 troop builders in it but you buy that and you already have 3 Storm Shadow and 3 Cobra Commander figures in the collection and the line will only be 3 months old.

If they really wanted to continue the 5-pack format why not a Drednok set?  Crimson Guard set with Tomax and Xamot?  Or, if  they wanted repacks along with new, how about a Commanders set with Hawk and Flagg vs CC, Destro and a Cobra Trooper?

Re-paints.  Bah.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #342 on: August 20, 2007, 02:06 PM »
EE has pics up of the next 5 pack.  We've seen it at Comic Con I believe, but just thought I'd pass it along for those who are interested.

Where is that Black Cobra Commander from? I'll probably pick up the 5 pack just for him...

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #343 on: August 20, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Where is that Black Cobra Commander from? I'll probably pick up the 5 pack just for him...

The minds of Hasbro.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #344 on: August 20, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Yeah, I'm not thrilled with that next 5 pack either.  I like the ideas you mentioned better - Dreadnoks or Crimson Guards with Tomax and Xamot.  They are really going crazy with the multiple versions of characters so far in this line, I wonder how things will go from here on out.  I really like these figures, but I'm debating how much further to go - simply because its hard to afford all this stuff (with Star Wars, Marvel, and DC - and soon Indy - taking priority).  Neat stuff though, they seem to be selling well around here, particularly the single packs and Joe 5 pack.