Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 205870 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #600 on: December 13, 2007, 01:07 PM »
This is the V1 Snake Eyes we should have gotten from the beginning, and he has the "fixed crotch".... I hope to open this in the morning...

Do they all have fixed crotches?  Somehow I can't get anyone to answer this simple question.

It looks like the CG still has Diaper Crotch a bit, but I have not checked the Articulation.  This may be a record for me, they have been in my possession for 18 hours and are still in the packaging..I hope they are going to be alright in those plastic coffins...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #601 on: December 13, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Fell 3 figures further into the G.I. Joe abyss today.  My total collection is now:

1 x Storm Shadow
4 x Red Ninja
1 x Firefly
1 x Beachhead

Fighting tooth and nail to keep from buying the whole line.  Any words of encouragement are welcome.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #602 on: December 13, 2007, 06:31 PM »
3000 Star Wars figures next year...  not including exclusives.  And Indiana Jones...

*shrugs*   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #603 on: December 13, 2007, 07:20 PM »
Just wanted to confirm that, now that they have been freed from their plastic prisons, Snow Job, Destro, and Flash all have the ability to sit down correctly (i.e. their crotches are the new style).  Destro still has a bit of the diaper thing going on, but his legs still extend straight in front of him, allowing him to sit in the imaginary Despoiler. :)

And now comes the nightmare of trying to find a Crimson Guard.  :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #604 on: December 13, 2007, 09:38 PM »
Thanks for the clarifiation on the crotches Michael.  Some were funny, but for the most part - I wanted to know...ya you know the rest.

Much appreciated!!  Hopefully it won't be long before I find this wave.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #605 on: December 13, 2007, 10:25 PM »
Picked up Firefly and a Flint for my MOC collection. I about flipped when I saw how many figures my local TRU had tonight.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #606 on: December 14, 2007, 11:27 AM »
That sucks ass. :(

Instead of a cool, stand alone issue with a sweet shot of the Rattler pwning the Skystriker (the plane Ace actually came with), they go for an issue with a bad view of the rattler shooting a lame stealth jet during a lame storyline.

Vs.

Oh well, I guess I don't have to be worried about being sucked in after all...  ::)

Yeah.. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Ace flying that Stealth  in the comic... they never gave the Stealth Pilot's name at all... he was the "what's his name?" guy.   Futher research shows that his code name is GhostRider... That comic should never have been chosed for the the pack...   The issue 34 showdown between Wild Weasal and the Baroness and Ace and Scarlett (or was it Lady J?) in the Skystriker should've been the one.   Sigh....
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #607 on: December 14, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Fell 3 figures further into the G.I. Joe abyss today.  My total collection is now:

1 x Storm Shadow
4 x Red Ninja
1 x Firefly
1 x Beachhead

Fighting tooth and nail to keep from buying the whole line.  Any words of encouragement are welcome.

Well, you guys weren't much help!  Found and bought 6 crimson guards at Walmart this morning.  Throw me a life raft, sinking here!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #608 on: December 14, 2007, 07:01 PM »
Brother, I'd help you, but I'm busy trying to keep myself afloat.  I caved and got me a SE v.3 (all black).  This line is just bad ass.  I'm up to Flint, Beach Head, Stalker, Snake Eyes, Destro (Iron Grenadier), Firefly, Zartan and Buzzer.  So far I've done a decent job at avoiding the army builders, but the more CGs I see, coupled with the pending Tomax/Xamot 2-pack, and I know I'm going to cave.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #609 on: December 14, 2007, 08:38 PM »
Well, you guys weren't much help!  Found and bought 6 crimson guards at Walmart this morning.  Throw me a life raft, sinking here!

If you want to send me one of those Crimson Guards, I'd be more than happy to lighten the load for you.  You might still sink, but at least it won't be as quickly.  ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #610 on: December 15, 2007, 07:39 AM »
Anybody finding the newer waves at Target or is it just WM that's stocking this stuff now?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #611 on: December 15, 2007, 10:40 AM »
I've heard a rumor that WMs that aren't currently carrying the line will start doing so on January 24th 2008, so I bet it's WM that's stocking all this new stuff. I've been to Target every day this week only to find the same two Cobra Commander figures sitting there.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #612 on: December 15, 2007, 10:44 AM »
That's good news Ben because half of my WM's don't even carry this line so hopefully I'll come across the newer waves soon since It's time to start hunting for the SW exclusives.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #613 on: December 15, 2007, 12:04 PM »
Yeah, neither of my local WMs carry this line, so there's way too much competition for these locally. With WM being in the game, it will be substantially easier. I hope they start with wave 5, since I'd love to get my hands on several CGs.  :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #614 on: December 15, 2007, 12:55 PM »
I'm in the same boat, WM isn't carrying the line and Target has very sketching restock on them.  K-Mart has come through twice now, however, with wave 1 and 3 for me.

Same price as Target so not a big deal.

Even if other WM stores start carrying the Joe line I'd be surprised if mine does.  My store doesn't even stock the SW exclusives and they've never carried the Vintage line of figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"