Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198526 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #840 on: February 27, 2008, 04:17 PM »
I cannot find the Grenadier Destro wave anywhere. what store has been getting that wave in the most? Any updates or finds as of late?

I am finally caught up with the re-release cared wave and wave 3 comic packs. This line is tough to find at retail. The pegs are always empty, even the peg warmers are not in abundance. (At least in Chicago land.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 04:21 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #841 on: February 27, 2008, 04:20 PM »

The Vwiper...  Isss coming... 

Then that f'n obnoxious Boston accent from Barbecue...  Good god.

I agree, it was painful to watch that episode when hearing him keep on asking who wants burgers.....now I know why I did not like that character. Blowtorch was cooler anyway.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #842 on: February 27, 2008, 04:41 PM »
I cannot find the Grenadier Destro wave anywhere. what store has been getting that wave in the most? Any updates or finds as of late?

I hate to say this, but try Kmart.  I found two cases at one last week while trying to complete my carded set.  Of course this store was in a ghettoish part of town mind you.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #843 on: February 27, 2008, 05:10 PM »

I hate to say this, but try Kmart.  I found two cases at one last week while trying to complete my carded set.  Of course this store was in a ghettoish part of town mind you.

Noted...we still have a couple of K-Marts and Sears Grands so hopefully I can find one.  :)  I haven't seen Grenadier Destro or Snake Eyes.  I've only seen Flash and Snow Job once and was lucky enough to find the Crimson Guard twice.

Wave 4 has been the most abundant wave to date, I think.  They're not pegwarmers, but I tend to seem them more frequently than anything.  Right after everything seemed to dry up around Christmas time waves 2 and 3 hit big at quite a few Targets, but they disappeared pretty fast.  Since then it's been nothing but Shipwreck, Stalker and Buzzer. 

John

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #844 on: February 27, 2008, 11:04 PM »
My local WM has raised the price on singles to $5.44, mere weeks after getting them in for the first time.

Has anyone else seen this happen? It'd suck if this is only this one store, because they get in a pretty good selection. They didn't change the price on comic packs. Yet.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #845 on: February 28, 2008, 12:42 AM »
I'm almost positive when I found the re-pack wave a couple nights ago that the sticker price was $4.88 but tonight when I went in they were $5 and change.  And they'd added a couple single carded figures.

I didn't pay attention to the comic packs though.  At first I thought maybe I remembered wrong but now that you've mentioned the price bump I'm pretty certain my store did the same thing.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #846 on: February 28, 2008, 09:36 AM »
I snagged a Single Carded Gung Ho yesterday with super improved crotch..um improved leg articulation.  My Wal Mart was still at $4.88.  They also had Wave 1 2008 (Wave 5).  Snagged an extra Snow Job for Custom (head swap) Snow Team.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #847 on: February 28, 2008, 01:41 PM »
Just found a nice n'minty case of wave 5 at Target.  Now I can send my rejects with price stickers back to Kmart.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #848 on: February 28, 2008, 06:49 PM »
I found Wave 6 at the local WM this morning.  It looked like there were several CGs on the pegs, so I'm hoping that people will have less difficulty finding them in this assortment.

Quickie reviews:

-Torpedo:  One of the best figures of the line, thus far.  Very nice sculpt, tons of accessories (although you'll want to keep a close eye on them, as some are very small), and they even included small pegholes in his flippers so he could wear them and stand on his display stand. 

-Cobra Commander in Battle Armor:  Great figure.  The backpack is much larger than the vintage RAH one, but it's not bad or anything.  The coolest thing is that his helmet is removable (!), even though it has a Firefly-esque "stocking head" underneath.  Fans of the comic (issue 58!!!) will be interested to know that the helmet fits perfectly on the comic pack Crimson Guard "Fred" head, although the hole on Fred's head fits really loosely on the CC head post.  Some small fiddling by skilled customizers could fix that, I'm sure. :)

-Rock N Roll sucks.  I'm sorry, but this is easily the opposite of Torpedo's "best figure so far" statement earlier.  The head sculpt is very weird (I described it to another friend as being similar to the AOTC/Saga-era Obi-Wan figures when it comes to hairstyle), and the bandoliers just don't work very well and look awkward.  Due to his hair, the helmet doesn't fit his head properly, and his elbows aren't made so he can hold his gun properly.  The bipod on the gun is seemingly way too large and sits crooked.  Overall, this is just a bad figure, and I wish they would have delayed him until a later wave to get him right rather than just throw him out there like this.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #849 on: February 28, 2008, 08:04 PM »
I found Wave 6 at the local WM this morning. 

Where?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #850 on: February 28, 2008, 11:11 PM »
I found Wave 6 at the local WM this morning. 

Where?

Michael lives in Virginia so he's not to far away from us here in the Twin Cities.   :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #851 on: March 1, 2008, 05:59 PM »
I found more remnents of w5 at quite a few Targets today and was lucky enough to score w6 at a store I hate that just so happened to raise their prices.  No biggie, but 3 figs to a new wave?  Lame.  I guess Beachead is shipping with this wave and the Crimson Guard?  Anybody have a breakdown? 

Hell - I don't even know how many figures are in each box for this line.   :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #852 on: March 1, 2008, 06:53 PM »
There are 8 figures in a case. I think the wave 6 cases are like this:one each of the three new guys, Beach Head, Serpentor, black SE, Air Trooper, and a CG.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #853 on: March 1, 2008, 07:54 PM »
I found wave 6 late last night at WM in Brooklyn Park, MN.  The Torpedo figure is awesome.  Definitely one of my favorites.  Now I hope they do a Tripwire just as good as Torpedo and Snow Job.  My three all time favorite Joe figures when I was a kid came as a three pack at JC Penney; Torpedo, Snow Job and Tripwire.

Also, found 6 more Crimson Guards after going to about 4 Target stores.  Found 2 CG/Officer comic pack and 2 Air Troopers at Target too.

Lately, I've been putting the silver emblem Cobra Soldier legs on the Air Trooper and swithing the webbing in order to have some soldiers with red emblems.  This also works very well with the Officer from the comic pack and maybe legions Cobra.  The only difference with the soldier is it has a red neck when done instead of black neck like the one in the Cobra 5-Pack.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2008, 07:56 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #854 on: March 3, 2008, 10:26 AM »
I picked up Cobra Commander, Torpedo, and Rock 'N' Roll at Wal-Mart yesterday.