Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198780 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #975 on: April 5, 2008, 04:58 PM »
Finally got around to cracking open the Joe vehicles today and you know what the best part about these thing is??  That's right boys and girls....STICKERS!!   YaY!  Felt just like a kid again trying to get them all on there just right.  I was least looking forward to the A.W.E. Striker, but it's my favorite vehicle out of this wave, plus it still has the 1985 stamp on the bottom.   :)

Keep em comin Hasbro!

Oh, and my Cobra Driver didn't come with a knife, but Crankcase did.  Not sure why, but these are a steal at $9.99 a pop with the Target coupon so I'm not complaining.  Also noticed that the Snake Eyes and Beachead I picked up both have corrected crotches.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #976 on: April 5, 2008, 05:25 PM »
I got lucky today and found V2 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow for $5.99 at Target.  I was getting worried I'd have to drop fifty bucks to get that version of Snake Eyes.

My catching up is complete; now I've just got to bide my time until I find a Major Bludd.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2008, 04:21 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #977 on: April 6, 2008, 04:08 PM »
No vehicles out yet but I'm actually looking forward to the A.W.E. Striker.  It's a cool design and I never had a vintage one...and passed on the 200x release at TRU.

I haven't noticed the prices at my local WM yet as they haven't had a new single packed figure in 3 or more weeks.  They did get the latest Comic packs though; CG/Cobra, Tomax/Xamot, WW/Ace. 

Target hasn't had single packed figures in about the same amount of time as WM...the last wave they both got was the repack wave...is that 4?  My WM did have the CC, Wet Suit wave though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #978 on: April 7, 2008, 12:49 AM »
I put out my Joes tonight and I was struck at how many more Cobra figures I have than Joes

Plus four of the Joes are Snake Eyes ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #979 on: April 7, 2008, 09:51 AM »
Our local Target put out the exclusives at the front of the store this weekend, and I was awfully tempted to grab a vehicle or two.  I already had 5 Order 66 packs in the basket, and really don't have room for the Star Wars vehicles I have the way it is - so I passed.  I did have one in the basket momentarily though, $10 for a decent sized vehicle is tough to pass on.

As far as the basic figures, things are pretty dry around here now - although I guess there isn't a whole lot I'm looking for right now.  The Targets in town have next to nothing, usually just lots of the Scarlett/Hawk and Duke/CC comic packs, and sometimes an odd Serpentor or Buzzer figure on the basic pegs.  Wal-Mart was pretty well stocked the last time I went there, but mainly with the same figures as usual (Buzzer, Serpentor, Stalker, etc.)  I haven't been there recently to see if there was a price hike or not.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #980 on: April 7, 2008, 10:54 AM »
I'm seeing the price hike on a full scale here in KC.  One still has the pegs marked at $4.88 but they ring up at nearly $7.   ::)

Oh, and I saw that a local K-Mart bumped Star Wars up to $8.99.   :o

John

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #981 on: April 7, 2008, 01:41 PM »
It's been confirmed that General Hawk (with jacket), Bazooka, Barbacue, Snow Serpent and a black Storm Shadow are coming.

I just saw pics but when I tried to post them here, they were gone.  I'd expect pics soon, though.

And the Snow Serpent is ******* awesome...

Edited to Add:
See pics here
« Last Edit: April 7, 2008, 02:37 PM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #982 on: April 7, 2008, 02:57 PM »
Wow, thanks for posting those Mikey.  The whole wave looks pretty sweet to me.  I keep thinking I'll be winding down with these (or should be), but I'd like to get some of these.  I really like the Barbecue, BAT, and Snow Serpent.  I had the vintage Bazooka and BBQ, so those are a couple I'd really like to grab.  Actually, the whole wave looks pretty spiffy to me.  What "wave" is this exactly then?  I get the numbering mixed up sometimes.  Would this be Wave 5 (for 2008)/Wave 9 (overall)?
« Last Edit: April 7, 2008, 02:58 PM by Brian »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #983 on: April 7, 2008, 03:02 PM »
Would this be Wave 5 (for 2008)/Wave 9 (overall)?

That's correct.

I wish I knew about the Hawk coming, I would have passed on the two pack one.  The jacketed Hawk was always Hawk to me, not the two pack version.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #984 on: April 7, 2008, 03:06 PM »
Thanks for posting the link.  The Snow Serpent looks awesome.  I hope they pack 2 Bats and 2 Snow Serpents per case.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #985 on: April 7, 2008, 03:09 PM »
I wish I knew about the Hawk coming, I would have passed on the two pack one.  The jacketed Hawk was always Hawk to me, not the two pack version.

Same here.  I came close to picking up that Comic Pack a number of times (it really seems to warm at our local Target), but now I'm glad I didn't.  Like you said, this is the Hawk I remember more as well.

EDIT: Just looking through the TNI forums, and I guess there are some more rumored figures (from a WM computer).  Who knows if they are true, but just to pass the info along:

Tiger Force Duke
Mutt & Junkyard
Para Viper
Cobra Bazo (how it is listed, speculation is that it is a HEAT Viper)
Croc Master
Wraith

Also mentioned is a "filler" wave (which may already be hitting), consisting of:

Flint
Snake Eyes v2
Storm Shadow
Cobra Officer
Cobra Commander
« Last Edit: April 7, 2008, 03:15 PM by Brian »

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #986 on: April 7, 2008, 04:21 PM »
2-pack Hawk just became random soldier #1.  Is that black ninja supposed to be Kamakura, or just "black ninja"?

I'll pick up Hawk and Barbecue--but if they've got Barbecue, where's Blowtorch?  I've said it before, but if I'm going deep into Cobra territory, I want a guy who starts fires, not a guy who puts them out.

Blowtorch reprazent.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2008, 04:25 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #987 on: April 7, 2008, 04:52 PM »
BAT is out-friggin-standing... 

That whole wave is nice except for the ninja.  Really great stuff there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #988 on: April 7, 2008, 11:55 PM »
Good lord..............   :o
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #989 on: April 8, 2008, 01:00 AM »
Man. The BAT looks great, and I'm glad they're doing this version of Hawk.

This line is going to make me broke at this rate.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk