Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 200940 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1125 on: May 18, 2008, 02:04 PM »
Hopefully, wave 9 BATs aren't too far behind the arrival of wave 8.   

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1126 on: May 19, 2008, 11:01 AM »
I really like that Combat Heroes Snake Eyes/Timber set, hopefully it won't be too tough to get a hold of.  I have to admit, I'm really becoming a sucker for all these "heroes" lines from Hasbro.  I'll probably pick up at least some of the "classic" looking Joe ones, but steer clear of any movie stuff that we all know is coming :).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1127 on: May 19, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Finally scored w7 a week ago, but haven't seen a lick of w8 yet.  v3 Snake Eyes is now my best Joe figure I own.  This was the only version I had of him as a kid and I can't believe how spot on Hasbro was on all of his details.  Nunchucks, visor, sword, backpack, uzi, not to mention his removable double blades stashed on his chest.  Excellent!   :)    This was worth the extra dollar - even with the Target coupon.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1128 on: May 20, 2008, 07:53 PM »
Got my Wave 8 today.  Very nice.  Tiger Force Flint has a new Head.  Very similar to the original, but smaller in the right places.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1129 on: May 21, 2008, 03:48 AM »
Picked up wave 8 at midnight off a WM pallet in Maple Grove, MN.

The Python Officer is awesome.  They finally fixed the crotch/hip articulation so the figure can sit and pose more properly.  Also, they enlarged the Cobra sigil on the chest and now that looks a lot better.  I really really hope they take these new changes and finally release the red sigil Cobra Soldier in mass because that's what I've been waiting for since the 5-Pack came out last August.

The Arctic Snake Eyes is very cool and looks awesome with all the cool accessories.  However, the back of his hood interferes with the backpack fitting properly in the backpack hole.

Major Bludd is very cool and well designed.  I can't tell he's Zartan with a new head and paint job.  The only problem with this figure are the missle in the backpack which are removable.  They keep falling off the backpack.  I ended up flipping the backpack 180 degrees so they have gravity holding them in.  Very frustratiing like the Viper goggles.

The Baroness is cool.  Holds her gun well and stands well. 

Roadblock is cool accept for the tiny Charles Barkley head.  He holds his weapon very well.

TF Flint is cool but his hands are very rubbery and he has a hell of time holding his gun with both hands or even one handed sometimes. 

I haven't opened the w8 Cobra Commander v1 but he looks improved.  He's a darker blue, his sigil is larger and his crotch/hip articulation/diaper may have been adjusted a little. 

I saw both a super glossy silver Major Bludd card and a dull silver card.  Also, they had a case of w7 with glossy silver Viper cardback and HISS Driver cardback.  I bought those 2 and didn't notice this until I got home.  I'm not sure if the rest of w7 in that case had the super glossy silver cardbacks but I bet they did.  So if anyone needs those type cardbacks you may want to keep an eye out.  I actually like the new white lettering and border a lot better because they can keep it consitent and not have different shades of silver.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 04:01 AM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1130 on: May 21, 2008, 02:58 PM »
I picked up the three new Comic Packs (Firefly/Storm Shadow, Copperhead/Shipwreck, Duke/Red Star) at Target today.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1131 on: May 21, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Nice find Neal!  I had no idea these were hitting.  Looks like HTS has them up for pre-order as well.  Shipping 06/12 and I believe there's a 10% off code out there somewhere.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1132 on: May 21, 2008, 06:53 PM »
Nice find Neal!  I had no idea these were hitting.  Looks like HTS has them up for pre-order as well.  Shipping 06/12 and I believe there's a 10% off code out there somewhere.

Yeah, I haven't heard of many people finding them yet.  I almost missed them because I only casually glanced at the Comic Packs while I was checking out the Joe section.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1133 on: May 23, 2008, 11:40 AM »
TNI has a closer look at the first two packs in the GI Joe DVD Battles line.  I'm personally looking forward to these, probably just as much for the DVDs as the figures/accessories.  It will just be nice to have some episodes to watch again - man, I'm having trouble dropping this line :P.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1134 on: May 23, 2008, 09:14 PM »
I picked up the Arctic Trooper Snake Eyes today.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1135 on: May 25, 2008, 11:36 AM »
I got my Wave 7 & 8 cases from EE.
Tiger Force Flint rocks! I cannot wait until they re-release that mold in classic colors. Roadblock kicks but too. My only complaint with these new waves is the Viper's goggles, they fall off too easily otherwise a superb figure.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1136 on: May 27, 2008, 09:35 AM »
I found (and picked up) a Cobra Viper at Target this weekend.  I also saw portions of this wave at WM (Duke and Snake Eyes), but still no signs around here of Spirit, Wild Bill, HISS Driver, etc.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1137 on: May 27, 2008, 02:50 PM »
I found wave 8, I think that's the numbering, with Polar Snake Eyes, Flint, Major Bludd, etc.  The whole wave was at WM.  I only bought Snake Eyes and Bludd.

I noticed that some of the figures had both the white and foil GI Joe logo available while others appeared to only have the new white logo on them.  For the variant hunters out there.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1138 on: May 29, 2008, 11:17 AM »
Passed on the following at Wal-Mart yesterday -

Comic Packs
Copper Head vs. Shipwreck
Duke vs. Red Star
Firefly vs. Storm Shadow

Basic Figures
Cobra Commander w/ plastic jar?
Spirit
Wild Bill
HISS Driver
Duke w/ flag
Cobra Viper x 4

Whew!  Thank God I'm starting to have some restraint with this line...  8)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1139 on: May 29, 2008, 12:50 PM »
Cobra Commander w/ plastic jar?

I still think it's Crang for some reason.