Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 201031 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1170 on: June 1, 2008, 08:55 PM »
Speaking of Doc, I need 2 stickers if anybody has them.  Will gladly trade something or pay for them if need be.

I've got 3 attached to a Card, but they are yours if you want them.

I also have 29 extra BattlePoints/Flag Points if anybody was going to try to get an extra Doc.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1171 on: June 2, 2008, 09:55 AM »
That Sideshow Snake Eyes looks pretty spiffy, thanks for posting that Ben.  Like you, I always think the Sideshow stuff looks great, but I can't really afford it either.  Maybe if I gave up all the other "toys" I collect, I could get into that 12" stuff - but I haven't gotten to that point yet.

I saw a few more new figures at Target this weekend, specifically the jet pack Duke and a couple more Cobra Vipers.  Oddly enough, the Vipers seem to be the figure I've seen the most from that wave - weird.  WM is still buried in the same stuff from earlier waves - Stalker, Serpentor, etc.

How much longer will the comic packs be shipping with the Doc stickers - the rest of the year?  I think I'm at four stickers so far, and would kind of like to mail away for a Doc, but I'll have to see if there are any other comic packs I was planning on picking up.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1172 on: June 2, 2008, 01:29 PM »
Here's another rumor list that I just stumbled upon...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1173 on: June 2, 2008, 02:43 PM »
Looks like a really cool list... thank God I've slowed down my collecting of these...

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1174 on: June 2, 2008, 06:56 PM »
The red logo Cobra Soldier is what I've been waiting for.  It should have the fixed articulation too.  The Cobra Diver also sounds cool.  The Iron Grenadiers set sounds like a great set too.

Apparently, the Lee's Toy Review mag coming out in June has the new AVAC pilot and Firebat pictured on the cover.  So I would say this list is something to go by. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1175 on: June 2, 2008, 08:14 PM »
Ok I'm in on that list...depending what OMEGA FORCE is... especially...why are DUKE and COBRA Commander both in Omega Force?   Has this line "Jumped the Shark" already and they are combining forces to fight "Aliens" or "Monsters"? 

There is speculation (and I LOVE SPECULATION) that the Rhino in Jesse's leaked list (that has now been confirmed by other Target employees, so JJ's not the liar he was a few days ago) is actually a MASK vehicle because they are making that Matt Trakker figure....

Not sure I want that to be true, but I prefer it to the DTC Rhino...I was hoping for Warthog as the "Night Rhino" actually...or an all new vehicle...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1176 on: June 3, 2008, 09:48 AM »
In case anyone is still looking, I see that HTS has Wild Bill in stock right now.  Personally, that's one figure (along with Spirit) that I've never seen at retail around here.  Just thought I'd give the heads up for anyone still looking.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1177 on: June 3, 2008, 10:30 AM »
There is speculation (and I LOVE SPECULATION) that the Rhino in Jesse's leaked list (that has now been confirmed by other Target employees, so JJ's not the liar he was a few days ago) is actually a MASK vehicle because they are making that Matt Trakker figure....

I never even linked the two together.  That would be so crazy!!   

....Now that I think about it, it doesn't really make sense as this thing would have to be pretty big, plus it would obviously have a bunch of moving parts.  Toss in a figure (the bald guy or his son and T-Bob?) and $24.99 just doesn't make sense.  We'll see what pans out though.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2008, 11:28 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1178 on: June 3, 2008, 11:45 AM »
I agree the price point seems to make it not likely, but the "Wishful thinking"  really was kinda out there.

But I thought the $10 price on the Target exclusives was too low to be true.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1179 on: June 3, 2008, 01:34 PM »
Saw Major Bludd and the new Roadblock at Target today.  Couldn't pass them up.  Damnit to hell.   :-\

Did manage to pass on the Python Patrol Officer, and three more Cobra Vipers (one which was on a "cartoon" cardback)... also passed on the new Baroness and another HISS Driver.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1180 on: June 3, 2008, 11:09 PM »
Got me a Major Bludd; passed on the rest of the wave.  Bludd's pretty good, except for the dog tags which don't exactly hang naturally.  But isn't the poem on his file card different?  I remember the one as a kid having something to do with "a soldier for hire, like a pawn shop gun" or something like that.  It's always stuck with me for some reason, but it's not on the current file card.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1181 on: June 4, 2008, 07:38 AM »
Here's Bludd's original file card. 

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1182 on: June 4, 2008, 08:58 AM »
Well I'll be darned.  According to YoJoe.com:

There is a variation of Major Bludd's filecard. Early cards of his had one version of his poem, later file cards had a second version of his poetry.

Early versions have: When you're feeling low and woozy/Slap a fresh clip in your Uzi/Assume the proper firing stance/And make the suckers jump and dance!

Later versions have: A mercenary's job is a heartless one/I'm a soldier for hire, like a pawn-shop gun/My ruthless tactics keep you on your toes/'Cause I fight 'em all, whether friends or foes!

Neither card seems to be more difficult to find than the other.

"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1183 on: June 4, 2008, 01:25 PM »
Anybody know of any other Joe sites that have QnA's beyond Hisstank, Yojoe, & Cooltoyreview?  Looks like a batch just came out and I'd love to read up on more responses.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1184 on: June 4, 2008, 01:30 PM »
ToyTraderz is involved but we never get enough questions.   :-\