Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198782 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1440 on: September 5, 2008, 01:31 PM »
Supposedly the Rattler & Conquest will be set out on Sunday on the bottom shelf.  Perhaps Hasbro is trying a new tactict with their exclusives as all stores should have had a shipment of these by now.

Also reluctantly picked up the new TRU 5packs yesterday.  First Joe purchase that I really didn't want.  Oh well - $25 for five figures isn't bad.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1441 on: September 6, 2008, 03:04 AM »
Sweet. I've been wanting both of those planes for a loooong time, so hopefully, I get a chance to buy them before they disappear.

Picked up the Falcon/Nemesis Enforcer and Copperhead/Shipwreck comic packs tonight. I'm really liking Falcon, but I'm biased since he was one of my main Joes back in the day. Don't let the funky-looking face put you off- Hasbro just packaged him at a weird angle. He looks a lot better after you get him out of the tray. Nemesis Enforcer is pretty neat too. I wonder if they'll get around to the other two goofballs from the Cobra-La set.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1442 on: September 7, 2008, 03:16 PM »
Hit one Target and a fellow Joe-Head hit another in town...Nothing, NADA as far as Jets go.

I'll try again this week.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1443 on: September 7, 2008, 05:40 PM »
No luck in MN.  This has to be the first Target exclusive that got flubbed for its release date.....how embarrasing.   :-[
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1444 on: September 8, 2008, 02:14 AM »
Yep, I hit my local Target today as well, and nothing.  I think it's all a lie, and there are no jets.....

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1445 on: September 12, 2008, 10:43 AM »
The jets have finally hit my area so I'm pretty stoked on picking them up today...

From Hisstank

Singles:
Baroness Omega - 37438
Snk Eyes Omega - 37439
Scrap Iron - 37442
Alley Viper - 37440
Scarlett Omega - 37441
Red Star - 37443

2 Packs:
Scrlt Vs Cobra C - 37448
Snk Eye Vs Night - 38313

and for the 12" fans:
Snow Job - 38791
Eel - 38792
Grunt - 38793

Not sure what all this Omega crap is, but I'm really looking forward to the Alley Viper.   :)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1446 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54 AM »
It's looking like more and more of the unique comic packs figures (Tripwire, Scrap Iron, Red Star, etc.) are coming on single cards.  That's great news.  No more buying **** extra figures for just one that I want.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1447 on: September 12, 2008, 12:20 PM »
Got My Jets today.  I think a couple more guys in town got them as well...

As far as Comic Pack figures coming out as Singles...not to mess up Mikey D too much, but I hope they change them a bit in each release, and I am all for the single card being the "Normal" one and Comic pack being the "Variant" like Shipwreck was/is.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1448 on: September 12, 2008, 01:27 PM »
I saw the jets on the shelves today as well.  I didn't buy them, but I was definitely tempted to.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1449 on: September 12, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Pick up the TRU Greenshirt BP & some more BATS today. TRU had x3 of each set, they did not have the new Commanding officer sets yet. No sign of the two Jets yet at my local Targets.....

This line is really awesome, I am still enjoying more than SW lately. With Alpine coming I am pretty content with the overall line up of classic Joes made so far. I cannot stress enough that I hope they correct classic Flint before th movie line takes over, hopefully the re-release will correct that.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1450 on: September 12, 2008, 08:03 PM »
I found the jets today also.  The Rattler looks really nice, a lot like the vintage although I haven't had mine out in a while.

The Conquest was nicer than I thought it would be.  I never had that plane and I don't know if I've ever seen one in person, just in photos.  It's a little bigger than I thought it would be but it looks pretty cool.  It's almost too big compared to the Rattler though.

I don't think I'll get into the larger vehicles for now.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1451 on: September 13, 2008, 01:45 AM »
Damn. I missed the jets, but I probably would have passed on them anyway due to room. I finally saw the first wave of small vehicles at TRU today, and I passed on those too.

In other news, Hasbro is making an Alpine, but you have to buy a $20 box of suck to get him. I guess it isn't bad, since getting Alpine and a CLAW vehicle will lessen the sting, but another Duke and CC? Jeez.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:46 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1452 on: September 14, 2008, 05:56 PM »
Blow Job Duke sucks, but what Duke doesn't?  That chrome faced CC is kinda cool though.

Anybody doubt that Alpine will see an individual release, though?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1453 on: September 14, 2008, 06:16 PM »
Spent a good chunk of time over the weekend applying stickers to the Jets.  The Rattler was my first GI Joe vehicle ever so it brought back a lot of good memories.  Never had a Conquest, but it's also very nice.  They're both quite a bit bigger than I remember, so I'm not sure I'm not sure about my squad of 6 each.

I must say - thank you Hasbro.   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1454 on: September 15, 2008, 02:02 PM »
To me, the Skystriker will always be GIJ's jet of choice, but since I'm guessing you won't see a Skystriker any time soon, may I suggest looking for the Power Team Elite F-16?  The Conquest X-30 is cool but I found it and its pilot a tad obscure...  Plus it's a later-release.  I think Ace would've moved onto a more modern jet by now though and the PTE plane, with the right paintjob, fits the bill I think.

I've not seen these jets in the Pittsburgh area but I had both so it'll be neat seeing them again.  Loved teh Rattler and VTOL wings/jets.  It was apparantly the most versatile Warthog in the world since it could keep up with the Skystriker in every way.  Then again so could trouble bubbles.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77