Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196058 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1815 on: January 14, 2009, 01:55 AM »
I think Hasbro is trying to solicit that wave as an exclusive, but no word yet. If that doesn't happen, I bet it'll be the first wave of non-movie vehicles after that line wraps up.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1816 on: January 14, 2009, 08:42 AM »
Oh, man, if it gets cancelled, I'll be uber pissed.  I really want that stupid thing.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1817 on: January 14, 2009, 02:05 PM »
Agreed... and this is so much better than the red HISS that was in the UBP... would hate to see this not released.

It would have been pretty cool to get a second UBP in my opinion, maybe something like this -

JOES
- Snow Cat (vehicle)
- Snow Job (repack)
- Iceberg (new)
- Scarlett (Snow Gear)

COBRAS
- White Cobra HISS (vehicle)
- Cobra Flight Pod (vehicle)
- Hiss Driver (Snow Serpent gear)
- Major Bludd (Snow Gear)
- Snow Serpent (repack)
- Destro (Snow Gear)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1818 on: January 15, 2009, 01:49 AM »

Have you guys seen Movie Barroness yet?

Or the Resolute BAT which is just a repaint?

I wasn't sure if she's new or what, I just know she's the figure from the movie...  I guess.

Not too different than the toon character, though the pics of the movie I saw...  blech.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 01:50 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1819 on: January 15, 2009, 05:08 AM »
Also have a picture of "Greatest Battles" CC here...

Does anyone happen to have the arms from the BAT that they don't want?  In particular, the claw and drill arms?   ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1820 on: January 15, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Yeah that Baroness looks really nifty... saw that on ebay, and looks great except for the silly bazooka thing...

Cool, but not worth $14.99 when it will be easy to find this summer.

The Resolute BAT does look awesome -

Not really feeling this Cobra Commander though... I'm sure he'll be packed in a DVD set that I want, and I'll be stuck with this figure.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1821 on: January 15, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Enough with the Cobra Commanders already!  Yeesh.  It's like they're plugging him into the Darth Vader slot for all assortments, which is lame because even for kids (right, like any kids are buying this line...), CC is a totally ***** bad guy.  If they were cranking out Zartans or Storm Shadows at this rate, I could maybe sort of understand it, but you can only do so much with CC so many times....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1822 on: January 15, 2009, 03:10 PM »
Outside of the head that CC is atrocious as is the 5-pack he comes in. I love this line but always prefer the 80's Joes, i really dig the dark Resolute BATs.

I have a distinct feeling kids are not going to be into this movie. That first trailer will really be important to woo the fan base, the general consensus is thumbs down.

FYI - the official word is that wave of vehicles was pushed back not cancelled.

As an old school fan the the preemptive strikes for me are:

1. Heavy "The impostor" Duty instead of Roadblock.
2. Marlon "Snails" Waynes as Ripcord.
3. Scrawny Dr. Who with Hair as Destro.
4. The really old Darkman/Pic the Henchmen from Hard Target/The Mummy as Zartan
5. The whole international PC team thing.

I am willing to give it chance before final judgement but I am scared this can hurt more than it can help G.I.Joe if it flops. I like the M.A.R.S. Troopers from what I can see, Worst case scenario that will make great custom fodder.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1823 on: January 15, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Great.  So we can expect the Arctic HISS just in time for...summer?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1824 on: January 15, 2009, 08:45 PM »
que the "buh buh buh bah, waaaaaahhhh" loser music from the Prices is Right. :)

Yeah, an arctic HISS in winter would rock.  As a kid that was what I really wanted (from the cartoon) to play in the snow forts with.  They had what, the Wolf or something?  It was cool, but the white HISS with missles from the toon was cooler...  They always seemed to pop out of snowbanks too.

A set of GI Joes in their arctic coats would be kinda cool too actually.  They all had tan coats and stuff.  As a kid they usually wore Han's trnech coat or one of the arab robes from Indy.  Basically it looked like they got out of the bath.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1825 on: January 15, 2009, 08:54 PM »
The Target Battle Pack was marked down to $27 and change today.  They had 6 on the shelf which is 3 more than they had yesterday so they must have emptied the back room some time today.  They didn't sell well locally and even at 50% off they're not biting.  If it goes 75% off I might buy one but otherwise, I don't even have a use for this set.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1826 on: January 17, 2009, 12:42 AM »
Saw the new Joe Mighty Muggs at Target today. I thought I was going to buy Snake Eyes, but at $11 I could get a basic figure and a sandwich, so I didn't do it. I did see the remnants of wave 12, so that's finally getting out there.

I almost bought the $27 BP too, but man, I just don't have room for all that crap, and all I really want from it would be Short Fuze.

Oh yeah, I also noticed my local WM has the Combat Heroes marked down to $3 each. They had all four packs of the first wave, in multitude. Guess that series can be put to bed.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1827 on: January 17, 2009, 12:37 PM »
I picked up Tripwire and Airborne yesterday morning at Target.  No interest in the rest of the wave.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1828 on: January 17, 2009, 08:11 PM »
HOLY ******* ****!!!   My 2 Docs FINALLY arrived in the mail today!!!  They came in in a yellow mailer with a hand written shipping address!   ;D  ;D

Not sure why it cost them $7.20 in shipping, but it's about ******* time!   >:(
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:04 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1829 on: January 17, 2009, 10:36 PM »
W00T!  I found Mutt, Tripwire and Airborne all at Target tonight!  I thought for sure I was going to either have to order these online or pass on them since we've been getting waves that include figures after these.  But, I picked up all three.  Very happy.

And I like all three figures.  Nice paint apps, plenty of accessories and the joints seem to work well on all three of them. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"